Field staying as TE coach (now a maybe)

FWIW Gaby says he still thinks Field is going to be the TE coach but “he’s trying to be respectful of the process.” Says it’s more of a timing issue...which is a shame because I really liked Field and wouldn’t mind if he stayed on field

Advertisement
FWIW Gaby says he still thinks Field is going to be the TE coach but “he’s trying to be respectful of the process.” Says it’s more of a timing issue...which is a shame because I really liked Field and wouldn’t mind if he stayed on field

I don’t understand this.

If he was going to be named the TE coach, what sense is there in delaying the announcement?

It’s not like we’re figuring out a buyout with another school or something. He’s already here.

The only logical reason to keep waiting would be if Mario is trying to get someone else.

Hartley is the move
Hartley is a beast recruiter, regardless of position, but he was easily one of the worst ST's coaches we've ever had here. Our special teams got worse each year and basically climaxed Manny's 1st year as HC/Hartley's 1st year at UGA.

Patke was an improvement over Hartley in that regard.

Last edited:
I don’t understand this.

If he was going to be named the TE coach, what sense is there in delaying the announcement?

It’s not like we’re figuring out a buyout with another school or something. He’s already here.

The only logical reason to keep waiting would be if Mario is trying to get someone else.
Plus judging by the way we have seen Mario operate the last 3+ months, he doesn't seem like the type to give a **** about an announcement to keep a current staff member on board being "ruined".

Advertisement
Mario does not hire dudes who do just one job. If that ever happened where he hired someone that did one job recruiting would be the number one thing that guy is hired for.

At least we know Fields wasnt promising guys instant playing time to sign with us

I'm good with Field, too. He got Arroyo here and don't think we get Skinner without him, though Mario was the tipping point in that recruitment.

Yes, the $niper Hartley would've been the prize, but Field is solid.

Full staff now. Let's go!
Exactly, and Gattis is a guy that knows exactly what he wants…he will get on the same page or not. He knows the recruiting side…this will be a big resume builder for him if he can gel.

Mario does not hire dudes who do just one job. If that ever happened where he hired someone that did one job recruiting would be the number one thing that guy is hired for.
I almost agree with this. I feel Mario tries to hire good developers as coaches who are beasts on the trail as well. He has done so with about 90% of his inaugural staff at Miami however, the early take on Salavea is he’s a pretty good developer but is lack luster on the trail. He could pleasantly surprise us all but time will tell. I could be missing a coach or 2 who is one dimensional but I am pretty sure the other 9 on field coaches can develop and recruit.

Lol nothing is more fitting than Grand Wizard Gaby pulling his article because he has no connects…
I don’t understand the Gabby hate 🤷🏽‍♂️ Did I miss something? Is it cause he didn’t get a coaching hire prediction correct? I am pretty sure no media members got all the hires right. Maybe onesies and twosies here and there but the hires were played so closely to the vest they were all surprising. Is it cause he’s vague in his recruiting nuggets? I think almost all writers on the recruiting sites are vague af!! I remember the same things being said about Ivins. Only “Crystal Ball Wiltfong” throws his predictions out there boldly with immaculate precision. It could be that they don’t want to burn bridges with recruits or sources in the program or they don’t have any solid sauces so they just be saying vague **** to bang out content for their faithful subscribers. Not trying to defend Gabby but I just don’t understand the criticism, like I said unless there’s something I am missing 🤷🏽‍♂️ I would love to know the reasons though because I am curious.

Advertisement
I don’t understand the Gabby hate 🤷🏽‍♂️ Did I miss something? Is it cause he didn’t get a coaching hire prediction correct? I am pretty sure no media members got all the hires right. Maybe onesies and twosies here and there but the hires were played so closely to the vest they were all surprising. Is it cause he’s vague in his recruiting nuggets? I think almost all writers on the recruiting sites are vague af!! I remember the same things being said about Ivins. Only “Crystal Ball Wiltfong” throws his predictions out there boldly with immaculate precision. It could be that they don’t want to burn bridges with recruits or sources in the program or they don’t have any solid sauces so they just be saying vague **** to bang out content for their faithful subscribers. Not trying to defend Gabby but I just don’t understand the criticism, like I said unless there’s something I am missing 🤷🏽‍♂️ I would love to know the reasons though because I am curious.
I don’t get calling him “grand wizard” but he’s been wrong throughout the coaching search and then also whiffed a bit in recruiting. He’s just learning on the job as to what info he gets is reportable so of course he’s going to catch some flack. He’s also a master hedger and can make posts where he says absolutely nothing.

I don’t get calling him “grand wizard” but he’s been wrong throughout the coaching search and then also whiffed a bit in recruiting. He’s just learning on the job as to what info he gets is reportable so of course he’s going to catch some flack. He’s also a master hedger and can make posts where he says absolutely nothing.

Same. The kid grinds and puts out decent content. Virtually all guys who started in this industry have had their struggles as young guys. So he’s a hedger - bfd. Lots of “insiders” do just that.

Advertisement
agree. He shares what he can. ANd he's never tried to pretend he knows more than he does.

The hedgemaster needs no description or explanation. Yes writers do it. But he has taken it to a level the industry hasn’t seen before 🤣 even on his podcast the dude can’t help himself. It’s engraved in how he speaks which shines bright in his online writing. He’s very young so he has plenty of time to work on it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back