Field, Likens given additional responsibilities

Advertisement
The HATING on Rhett sounds personal to me. Dudes don't want to understand and admit how ****** Miami's offense has been for the past 10+ years. Rhett had a HUGE impact on Miami's offense in his FIRST YEAR. Numbers never lie.

It's easy to get behind a keyboard and say 'I don't get they hype with this guy'. Do some **** research, follow the numbers and the impact and you'll see what ALL the hype is about. That's my opinion.

Lashlee sucks. Taking an offense from 100+ to mid 30s with 10-15 dropped balls, a few for touchdowns, is the sign of an incompetent "offensive" offensive coordinator.

he should have taken miami to a top 10 in ONE YEAR.

Is he why it’s been deficient? How long has he been recruiting that position?

Everyone is nobody until they're are somebody.

And no, the current state of the LB room is not on Patke.

I agree. Robinsons track record is elite at 39 years old.

But he struggled to recruit his first three seasons at 3 average schools (W Kentucky, Southern Miss, Texas Tech) before adding a major brand coming off a ring 2 years prior. Added a top S his first official year at UF, Brian Poole, and then it took off the year after getting Vernon Heargraves.

Was he successful and a great commodity off the rip? Nope, had to get his lumps before things changed at UF.

I agree, Patke still has more to prove at 33.

I agree, Patke is not TROB.

But, he's not with his merits.

Analyst and assisted with linebackers 2016, 2017 while providing scouting reports. Those scouting reports must have been good considering the defensive outcomes those season.s

GA'ed under Diaz at Miss St and Lou Tech. He probably knows Diaz system better than Diaz, and what is required from LBs.

As for recruiting:

First two recruiting cycles as OLB coach where meh recruiting, but expected since he was green AF, not what you want at a major university.
Flirted with very good LBs but ultimately got beat out by the Auburns, UGAs and Alabamas.

He's changed our methods however, going after ACTUAL linebackers and safety hybrids. Huff, Brooks, Flagg, Cave where all his. Also showed improvement bagging Chase Smith last year, had Terrence Lewis had we said yes and Justin Flowe if not for a massive Green and Yellow bag.

His players are currently sophomores so really judgment still out on if he recruited good players.

Also hasn't been able to compete against the elite. That can change with proof he can develop and we open our bags, NIL, critical this year.

PULLING WESLEY AND ANOTHER LB IS A MUST.

So is the entire LB room on him? No, he just started recruiting it. But he needs to show strong improvement and results similar to how TROB improved over time to develop any benefits of the doubt.

This doesn’t mean Likens will automatically become oc if/when Lashlee leaves.

We need to sweeten the pot to keep him in his current role. He brought in some studs and looks to be working on another good class. The 20 and 21 classes seem to be developing well and he helped Harley take a big step forward. Kids like him and want to play for him.

We should work to keep him around, especially if the receivers improve as much as we hope. Would be nice to see who he can pull from a talented 23 class.

Watched the 1st half of the Auburn - LSU game a couple of weeks back and #5 and #47 kept dropping passes, listening to the fullcast podcast this week they said the same thing happened against UGA and that Auburn fired their WRs coach. Went looking for confirmation and this was his first year there. SEC teams DGAF, mind you he was fired before the last 2 games happened.

I'm not sure how much blame Likens has for our 3rd and 4th year receivers not being able to catch and I'm not even saying scapegoating position coaches for players underperforming, so early in their position is the right thing to do, but thought it was a interesting contrast

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/09/27/aub...DT-,AUBURN, Ala.,minute to beat Georgia State.

Advertisement
Coaches can’t teach you how to catch. That’s on you putting in the work if you weren’t born with the natural skill like some are.

Advertisement
Manny playing chess. Being proactive with the staff instead of getting caught with his pants down.
rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

OJw4CDbtu0jde.gif

Advertisement
Some people are naturally better at it. Not that it’s a skill you’re born with. But even if Wiggins practiced every day and Odell sat and ate Chick-fil-A I’d still take Odell on the jugs competition

You think Odell got good naturally without working at it?

Advertisement
I thought it was strange that drops became such a big problem once Likens came on staff. People talked about how good he was, but I can’t ever remember drops being such a big problem before. At times in the past we’ve had one or maybe two guys at a time who had some drop issues, but since Likens got here almost our entire WR group started having major drop issues. By far the worst since I’ve been watching the Canes.

Also weird that as soon as Likens shows up, all our WR recruits are busts? Maybe there’s a common thread here. These past couple years have been the worst WR groups I’ve seen at UM.

Advertisement
Back