Field, Likens given additional responsibilities

"In 2018 while with Oregon, Field served as the Ducks director of recruiting and helped Mario Cristobal land the No. 9 ranked class nationally. He had a similar role as director of high school relations at Louisville in 2017. In 2016, Field served as the tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida A&M. "

If Field is so good (and I've heard nothing to the contrary), why isn't he already a larger presence in recruiting? We got Arroyo, are top 2 for Skinner. So he's having an big impact at his position group. I'm just not seeing any carry over to the rest of the class. Can he help Ish with LBs starting yesterday?

Advertisement
"In 2018 while with Oregon, Field served as the Ducks director of recruiting and helped Mario Cristobal land the No. 9 ranked class nationally. He had a similar role as director of high school relations at Louisville in 2017. In 2016, Field served as the tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida A&M. "

If Field is so good (and I've heard nothing to the contrary), why isn't he already a larger presence in recruiting? We got Arroyo, are top 2 for Skinner. So he's having an big impact at his position group. I'm just not seeing any carry over to the rest of the class. Can he help Ish with LBs starting yesterday?
This the REAL MVP

We had a top 30 offense after being in the 90s. All with an all new system, a new QB stuck throwing to two receivers you absolutely loathe, behind a subpar offensive line, with just a handful of practices.

What don’t you get?

And if history is any indication, the offense will take another step forward this year. Every OC in the country is going to leave you frustrated at times but Lashlee is legit and the hype around him getting HC offers is real if he delivers this year.

As some have already stated Lashlee did wonders last year considering all to deal with. My only beef is the running game. Let’s see what we do in the ACC with two big guards. If that doesn’t work he will need to go to the Clemson model and start using all kinds of misdirection and motion to free up running lanes.

Likens podcast was very informative. His experience with the air raid and his connections are impressive. He’s clearly a well schooled coach who gets a lot out of his players. I would interview him for oc. Just make sure you interview others too

Advertisement
Likens being the PG coordinator could be huge. He held the title when Cal had Goff and obviously Goff became a first rounder.

Why hand your zero experience QBs a brand new playbook when they can vibe and eat with the one they've been studying for the last 1/2 years?
That line of thinking is how we ended up with Larry Coker. My hope is if Lashlee bolts that Diaz does a real search. If Likens is the best candidate then cool but don't just give it to him because he's already here. He hasn't shown enough here imo to basically make him OC in waiting.

Not sure if any of you listened to the Behind the U podcast this week with Rob Likens featured, but he's very impressive and likeable. With him, Justice and Lashlee, we have 3 guys that have been offensive coordinators on staff. The current staff is easily the best staff we've had in 20 years, IMO.
just came in to post the link. He is very impressive. I highly recommend listening to this interview. It gives you a different perspective on recruiting and coaching.

Put me in the wait and see camp with lashlee. He got lucky with a great transfer quarterback and his scheme wasn’t exactly destroying people weekly. He’s awesome but we had the same reaction once we got Diaz after NoD. The guy who preceded him was so bad he looked like Jesus. Let’s see what he can do with TVD or Garcia before we crown him. And also how the run game looks this year
He has to call a good game! But, da players have to play and perform!

Advertisement
Did we not have a recruiting coordinator before?

Wasn't DVD in that role before or something? I recall Brennan Carroll was our national recruiter back under Alf.

Good moves for the guys, makes sense. Still pales comparison to bama who have former NFL head coaches as position coaches. lol

Advertisement
Lashlee won't get a good HC job until they see what he does with either Garcia or TVD.
That's probably how it should be. But Southern Miss hired Tulane's OC. Boise State hired Oregon's DC. Marshall hired Bama's RB coach. Buffalo hired Michigan's Co-DC.

Even if the offense only marginally improves then that means we likely have 10+ wins and King is a potential Heisman candidate. Looking at the above names, I can't see him not getting the opportunity at a Sun Belt, C-USA, or lower tier AAC program.

Question is does he want to be the HC at an ECU, Temple, or god forbid......FIU. Another bad season from Butch and uh oh....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back