Fenton

His mom went with him to on the official visit to UF this weekend. An the fact that he doesn't seem better that USCe dropped him until they had a few decommits an now he is cool with them bodes well for Miami making a run at him this late in the game considering he is a reported cane fan. Now it is just up to staff to see if they actually make a move for him. His states this year are very impressive for a CB, which is why he made 8A All State first team.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2015/01/15/669647_fenton-sees-a-place-in-uscs-defense.html?rh=1

Fenton sees a place in USC's defense

Defensive back Rashad Fenton (6-0 180) of Miami is an old name in a new spot on South Carolina's board.

Gamecocks secondary coach Grady Brown offered Fenton last summer, but when he picked up some early commitments for his group, Brown seemed to move on from Fenton. But then, a couple of decommitments from defensive backs later, Brown re-established the lines of communication with Fenton and will bring him in for an official visit Jan. 23.

"We were talking a lot during the summer and we fell off during the year," Fenton said. "After the end of the year, things started kicking back up. It's a very strong feeling (for USC). That's why I'm going to visit. I just wouldn't waste a visit on any type of school. That's one of the schools I'm really thinking about right now."

Fenton played corner in high school but said Brown sees him as a free safety.

"He said I can play the ball very well and that would be a great spot for me since their type of defense allows the free safety to just kind of roam the field," Fenton said. "The free safety spot is something I think about too going up there. It seems like the right scheme for me up there at South Carolina."

Fenton will visit Florida this weekend, USC the next weekend and Louisville on Jan. 30. He's also considering Auburn. He doesn't have a favorite going into his visits. He said his mother will go with him to Gainesville, and he'll take the other visits solo.

This season Fenton had 50 tackles, 5 interceptions and returned 6 punts and kicks for touchdowns.

Advertisement
guess who decided to pay him a visit: you guessed! FSU

Charles Kelly and Tim Brewster are meeting to gauge his interest. SMH

This staff deserves all the criticism in the world for this. He's not quite 6'0", so they opted not to offer him. But both FSU and UF are now showing interest.

There is zero justification for their refusal to offer Fenton. Zero.

Last edited:
guess who decided to pay him a visit: you guessed! FSU

Charles Kelly and Tim Brewster are meeting to gauge his interest. SMH

This staff deserves all the criticism in the world for this. He's not quite 6'0", so they opted not to offer him. But both FSU and UF are now showing interest.

There is zero justification for their refusal to offer Fenton. Zero.

Their staffs obviously aren't as bright as our guys are, come on have you not seen the progress we have made the last 4 years

Advertisement
Can someone seriously answer why this guy doesn't have an offer???

This ****** coaching staff

Al Grohlden is the worst. We are gonna have depth problems at CB and here we have a certified baller at Freaking CAROL CITY right in our lap...but of course Grohlden will ignore him. Very Shannon-esque.

This will be a kid that I will need answers from Al in regards to WTF happened here once NSD is over and he is clear to talk about specific players.. There MUST be some inside info about him that we don't know about. Just does not make sense whatsoever. This is the kind of stuff that makes it hard to respect him as a recruiter.

Advertisement
Meh Id rather have Marcus Lewis and Jackson....

For f**** sake...

UM coach Al Golden praised Elder’s play during his sophomore year, and noted in an interview with the Post last week the team was particularly light on corners. “We have five cornerbacks on scholarship. Other schools have 10,” he said.

That quote from Golden came last week. Lewis is obviously a premier talent and would be a great get, but a grand total of 3 CBs in a two-year period (if we do land Lewis) is nowhere near enough. Especially since two of them are Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams camp finds.

Golden himself admits we're short on corners. That's not a result of sanctions, it's a result of Golden completely neglecting homegrown talent like Fenton and a host of others at the position who are clearly UM caliber. This kid belongs here. It's not an argument of Lewis vs. Fenton vs. Jackson. There's obviously room for him. Period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back