Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

This is the reason why you don’t hire a HC who does not specialize in anything. Dude is lost out there trying to find people to work under him. Yeah, signing the DC from Marshal may be a good hire but it can also lead into an “I told you so” situation. Hire an offensive genius as a HC. Everything else will take care of itself.
really seems to be the trend in Pro & college with hiring HC's who have offensive background. Wonder why Mario won't hire a stud OC and turn over the keys ??? heck if Saban can do it Mario should as well.........look at Oregon, Lanning turned over the keys and Dillingham took over and totally remade B.Nix.....

Advertisement
IMO you have to get rid of Joe. Dude can't recruit. Never has and never will. I was down for elite prospect day and met him and I can see why. Good dude but man he can't relate through the cultural difference. Even with me at 30. Hard to talk to.

Give Wright the full DL room or make him DL coach and Jason Taylor DEs coach if he's up for it. If not, plenty of good options out there for either path, leave Wright at DEs and hire the other spot or vice versa. Lots of options even beyond Partridge, Orgeron, Kevin Patrick, etc. names that will get mentioned.

Also, don't see how the dynamic works out with Addae and Guidry being a DB guy. Addae clashed with a room full of DB coaches at Georgia with Smart and Muschamp. Those DB guys are particular and he's probably gonna want his DBs coached a specific way - especially with what I've heard about his defense being DB centric and goes as far as the DBs play allows.
Good options outside the same names we constantly regurgitate on here???

Lies No GIF

ahh, ok. Thanks for that clarification.

Sounds like the combo of having RW and JT on staff is ideal, then. :)

I'm sure JT is fielding on-field coaching offers from other P5 schools.
so three DL coaches? thats an insane amount of wasting of resources. move one of them off field if the other is the better COACH. we dont need three DL coaches

Advertisement
Whenever you go 5-7 with multiple embarrassing losses idc if it's year 1....there needs to be some changes. Obviously Ponce and Gattis needed to go. I'm not bummed Steele left for a better opportunity. There's still more coaches and players that need to go.

so three DL coaches? thats an insane amount of wasting of resources. move one of them off field if the other is the better COACH. we dont need three DL coaches

JT is an analyst and we have one coach for DEs and one for inside DL. There are other schools that have this setup (Clemson is one) just like some schools have a separate ILB coach and OLB coach. The setup is dependent on the DC and how the staff is made up. I don't have a huge issue wtih having 2 DL coaches like we do. If they want to make that one, fine.

Advertisement
JT is an analyst and we have one coach for DEs and one for inside DL. There are other schools that have this setup (Clemson is one) just like some schools have a separate ILB coach and OLB coach. The setup is dependent on the DC and how the staff is made up. I don't have a huge issue wtih having 2 DL coaches like we do. If they want to make that one, fine.
i meant if you keep joe, wright and move JT on

Advertisement
Excellent x-y axis to start from. My suggestion is remove the part about "date zone" and "wife zone," as those are a resource drain. Expand the fun zone where possible. Saludos.
This is a running document where more data is needed to operate properly. Shrink the date and wife zone expand the fun zone makes a lot of sense. Also women can jump across this board at any time.

Advertisement
Give Ed O the DT room, recruiting problem immediately solved.

I want to keep Wright, the DE’s played well last year IMO given what we had there. Some discipline issues as far as keeping containment stands out but overall I don’t know how much better these guys could have played.

Harvey - High effort guy, but he’s a JAG.
Agude - See above, average to slightly above average run defender and below average pass rusher. UDFA
Mesidor - Would have been drafted had he left THIS year and was our best player on Defense last year and arguably best on team.
Kelly - True freshman primarily playing situational snaps.

We upgraded the room as well, giving him more pieces to work with.

Last edited:
Can't say Big Joe does nothing. He is a big reason why we just signed the highest rated OL in school history in Mauigoa, and because of that we also were able to secure his brother as a starting MLB to upgrade that spot.

I also don't think he is a bad DL coach.

I will agree he probably struggles to recruit the War Daddy DL in the South, and if Mario went in another direction at DL coach I'm good with it.

Give Ed O the DT room, recruiting problem immediately solved.

I want to keep Wright, the DE’s played well last year IMO given what we had there. Some discipline issues as far as keeping containment stands out but overall I don’t know how much better these guys could have played.

Harvey - High effort guy, but he’s a JAG.
Agude - See above, average to slightly above average run defender and below average pass rusher. UDFA
Mesidor - Would have been drafted had he left THIS year and was our best player on Defense last year and arguably best on team.
Kelly - True freshman primarily playing situational snaps.

We upgraded the room as well, giving him more pieces to work with.

What in god's sweet nectar of a name makes you think Ed O wants to be a 75 hour a week position coach at the University of Miami?

Dude is knee deep in vodka Red Bulls, blown wake up calls, and tang.

Advertisement
Back