Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

G Reg3rdLeg

Redshirt Freshman
Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

Advertisement
Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

I find it hard to believe he would mention Nuss and Candle out in the open like that if they were still serious candidates

Advertisement
The annoying part still for me is that Mario portrays this very detailed coaching search that goes in depth… but it seems the red flags with Gattis should have been easily picked up on during the exhaustive search…

Flat out embarrassing

Yeaaaah, can’t argue w/ that. I think the Broyles Award blinded him to the red flags, like a girl with a pretty face, & a big *** will blind a man to dismiss how f’ing crazy she is (true story, life experience)

Last edited:
Interesting that Gattis is eradicated before Steele, yet the DC is hired before an OC. Does MC understand the importance of scoring??? This program was a joke for two decades, and the grandeur of MC coming back home has blinded the faithful for what is really going on....a complete failure to identify and hire the right coaches...

Interesting that Gattis is eradicated before Steele, yet the DC is hired before an OC. Does MC understand the importance of scoring??? This program was a joke for two decades, and the grandeur of MC coming back home has blinded the faithful for what is really going on....a complete failure to identify and hire the right coaches...
Maybe just maybe he has been working on the DC hire just as long if not longer than the OC hire.

Advertisement
The annoying part still for me is that Mario portrays this very detailed coaching search that goes in depth… but it seems the red flags with Gattis should have been easily picked up on during the exhaustive search…

Flat out embarrassing
Apparently his well thought out, detail-oriented approach yielded the most toxic, disintegrated coaching staff we have seen in years? Hopefully he is reviewing his process right alongside everything else (seems like he isn't). Whole lot of red flags with this guy so far.

How big can Salavea and Addae’s contracts be? One more season? Maybe you can’t get rid of them all for buyout reasons but you can’t remove one?

Advertisement

Flat out embarrassing
i'm sure michigan and harbaugh were sure to paint gattis as pretty as possible to avoid mario finding out ha

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back