Feels different this cycle

So yesterday two targets picked other schools (UNC, and UCF) and another, who previously committed is rumored to be flipping to UCF. My tea leaves say one of two things. Either we are going to land whales or we're in trouble. Yes it does feel different.
There’s a reason why guys end up at UCF. It’s usually because they don’t have comittable offers from. P5 program.

Advertisement
So yesterday two targets picked other schools (UNC, and UCF) and another, who previously committed is rumored to be flipping to UCF. My tea leaves say one of two things. Either we are going to land whales or we're in trouble. Yes it does feel different.
Neither of the two guys who committed yesterday could’ve committed here. The UCF commit was literally dropped

I think the best way to see which way the class is trending is to pay attention to who the staff is targeting. If they keep in the guys they’ve been on for a while, that’s good. It means they’re really positive about our chances with those guys. If you all of the sudden see a bunch of new targets and the staff starts moving on to different players, then that means we’re onto plan B and it’s time to worry.
Spot on. I think we see this at TE but if we see the same group in other positions, especially LB, DL and CB, then things are positive.

Rutgers just got another commit from a 4 star LB, they have 2 so far.

Schiano is starting to get those Northeast kids that always seem to go to Penn State/ND. He's gotten 4 stars out of NJ, NY, and PA x2 (also 1 from Kentucky and 1 from Florida). Still July but Rutgers did the right thing by bringing him back. He's probably the only realistic coach who can bring excitement to that program.

Advertisement
Schiano is starting to get those Northeast kids that always seem to go to Penn State/ND. He's gotten 4 stars out of NJ, NY, and PA x2 (also 1 from Kentucky and 1 from Florida). Still July but Rutgers did the right thing by bringing him back. He's probably the only realistic coach who can bring excitement to that program.
Really dumb that Tennessee fans torpedoed that hire. Good coach.

Really dumb that Tennessee fans torpedoed that hire. Good coach.

UT got what they asked for and they have to live with it. I'm not convinced Schiano would have been as successful at UT as their fans are demanding but he knows how to identify and develop talent which no UT coach has done in a while. He'll get Rutgers back to being competitive and not a pushover every week but I'm curious as to if he'll stay or bounce to a better job after he has some (relative) success there.

UT got what they asked for and they have to live with it. I'm not convinced Schiano would have been as successful at UT as their fans are demanding but he knows how to identify and develop talent which no UT coach has done in a while. He'll get Rutgers back to being competitive and not a pushover every week but I'm curious as to if he'll stay or bounce to a better job after he has some (relative) success there.
I think this his last pit stop but I agree we shall see.

Advertisement
With Horton, Medlock and Fegans looking more like Canes, we could have 7 commits by the end of July with NOT ONE being from Dade/Broward/Palm and only one (Graves from Ft Meyers) from the state of Florida. That's crazy. And it's not like the coaches are ignoring the locals. There's just less talent and the kids are waiting to take all their trips before committing.

I believe any other Miami coaching staff over the past 20 years would have fallen apart by this point. These guys are going into LA, TN, GA, MS and getting top talent. We have a staff not a staph.

With Horton, Medlock and Fegans looking more like Canes, we could have 7 commits by the end of July with NOT ONE being from Dade/Broward/Palm and only one (Graves from Ft Meyers) from the state of Florida. That's crazy. And it's not like the coaches are ignoring the locals. There's just less talent and the kids are waiting to take all their trips before committing.

I believe any other Miami coaching staff over the past 20 years would have fallen apart by this point. These guys are going into LA, TN, GA, MS and getting top talent. We have a staff not a staph.
Agree with the last paragraph....need a few tweaks next off season and we can start building. My only gripe is they waited long af to make these changes but I'm rather patient when I feel it's the right moves.

Schiano was rejected late into the hiring process because of protests made by UT students and fans about his alleged knowledge about child abuse. There was 0,0 evidence, but the noise was too loud.

Coming from the same school that defended Peyton Manning when his sexual assault case happened back in 1996, I find this ironic.

Schiano was rejected late into the hiring process because of protests made by UT students and fans about his alleged knowledge about child abuse. There was 0,0 evidence, but the noise was too loud.

Coming from the same school that defended Peyton Manning when his sexual assault case happened back in 1996, I find this ironic.
Easy, Manning Mooned a female trainer. Not that deep especially 15 years ago. Schiano would have been a problem at Tennesee. Thank god their idiot hillbilly fanbase screwed that up for them. Schiano can coach and recruit.

Advertisement
Easy, Manning Mooned a female trainer. Not that deep especially 15 years ago. Schiano would have been a problem at Tennesee. Thank god their idiot hillbilly fanbase screwed that up for them. Schiano can coach and recruit.
Fun fact is, boosters apparently also stepped in.

I am against defending someone in relation to sexual abuse, I really am, but Schiano was not even part of the investigation. Authorities never had him as a witness.

That whole Tennessee debacle was the "intelligence" of Clay Travis actually being implemented in real life. They got absolutely what they deserved.

As far as Monkeyface, he's absolutely a good coach but he's only built to succeed in verrrry specific environments and Rutgers is obviously one of them and maybe the apex one. If he's not smart enough to realize this by now and jumps at the first "better" job then he deserves to suffer another bout with depression.

Him at Pedo State always intrigued me but it would probably have to be if that fanbase really soured on Franklin because it'd be difficult to replace his salesman type shtick with Monkeyface's personality or lack thereof.

Schiano had one 11-2 season at Rutgers bunched in with a couple 8 win and 9 win seasons. That was in the Big East after everyone good left. The guy was 68-67 in what was essentially the AAC.

Advertisement
Schiano had one 11-2 season at Rutgers bunched in with a couple 8 win and 9 win seasons. That was in the Big East after everyone good left. The guy was 68-67 in what was essentially the AAC.

Yeah, but it was Rutgers. Before him and after him, no one good from NJ, NY or PA would even think about playing for Rutgers. He made that program.

I'm not a fan of his personality. But he was definitely in the top quartile of P5 coaches IMHO, and it looks like he's still got it. Will put a lot of pressure on ND and PSU if he is able to secure the top local talent.

….if THAT felt different, how does it feel now?
LOL I really hope all those guys talking about what great classes we had the last few years are not the same ones talking about how "we need to give mario a few years to build his class before we can win the corstal".

Advertisement
Back