Feels different this cycle

I think the best way to see which way the class is trending is to pay attention to who the staff is targeting. If they keep in the guys they’ve been on for a while, that’s good. It means they’re really positive about our chances with those guys. If you all of the sudden see a bunch of new targets and the staff starts moving on to different players, then that means we’re onto plan B and it’s time to worry.

Advertisement
It was still a success that the coaches deserve credit for. They adjusted. Not everyone did.

Draw a 250 mile circle around G-Ville and Tally and look at how much "local talent" they each missed out on. FSU is a mess, but UF massively failed to keep kids home. I'm pretty sure covid hit North Florida too! :)
I’m not really interested in whether we’re relatively better or luckier flr a year than those programs. My interest is whether we’re doing the things to set the stage for comtinued success.

Interesting exchange on 247. One of the posters pushed Gaby on whether may be misreading some of the kids and their responses. Bonds , the Texas TE and now Spells were used as examples.
Gaby came out and said that Bond was a “back door deal”. That’s why it seemed to happen out of nowhere.

Interesting exchange on 247. One of the posters pushed Gaby on whether may be misreading some of the kids and their responses. Bonds , the Texas TE and now Spells were used as examples.
Gaby came out and said that Bond was a “back door deal”. That’s why it seemed to happen out of nowhere.

What is a "back door deal"? Is anal involved? Is money inserted in the ******? Is that the first song on Side 2 of The Doors' debut album?

My point is that we didn't just "luck" into a good class because of covid... every player didn't just stay home for covid's sake. We put the work into capitalize. The local pipeline kids for UF mostly decided to go away to college so it wasn't automatic to keep kids home. Manny et all deserve the credit.
I’m not caught up in credit for a year either way. Give it to him or don’t. He’s got to string together several classes in a row for us to get back to relevant. And if he does get us back to relevant, he’ll get all the credit he wants. Until then, I’m in wait and see mode on credit.

Advertisement
i

think they want to unleash the commits at paradise once they got around a bit. i think thats time we will see our class truly take shape
I hope so. Obviously I want to see us get our main targets. I am concerned about our local guys not committing. Im not unrealistic, I get our big fish are waiting until later. But at a point you gotta wonder what’s up. Because this is not normal, and not something other programs are currently doing.

Some of y´all need to get a life.

Miami is not pushing for early commitments and a lot of our targets are either waiting with announcements or dont want to announce anything until NSD. Stewart does not want to announce anything till NSD, for example. Spells had his announcement date set for August, now put it earlier because he seems to be set on where he wants to go.

A lot of these kids (yes, they are still kids), havent been able to visit a bunch of places because of a pandemic, so they are doing just that. The message out of Miami was and is: If you commit here, you stick with it. If you want to decommit, theres a high chance someone else will take your spot. Quan Lee just announced that he shut down his recruitment and that he apparently blew off a visit somewhere else.

Look at Fegans for example. Dude visited Bama, Miami, Florida, UCF and is going to visit South Carolina in three days. Thats five visits in 16 days.

Its ******* June. Having a lot of commits now does not mean **** if none of them sticks in December because you had a **** season. I would rather have a player that thought a lot about his decision and decided a bit later versus a kid who commits in May and bounces later on because he realized "Hey, theres some other good **** around here".

FSU is celebrating their current class but we all know that this wont last. Why? As soon as the losing starts, these kids will bounce. We have been there several times over the past years.

Ask Cribby or LCE. It doesnt matter having a good class now. It matters when NSD comes around.
Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley

I hope so. Obviously I want to see us get our main targets. I am concerned about our local guys not committing. Im not unrealistic, I get our big fish are waiting until later. But at a point you gotta wonder what’s up. Because this is not normal, and not something other programs are currently doing.
Every fan board is complaining right now about the lack of commits. Every board. And the answer is always the same: kids want to take their visits. Staff holding guys off to see what higher prospects are doing. Seems like July will really be the start of the commit season. And then there will be those blue chip guys who play the long game....

Every fan board is complaining right now about the lack of commits. Every board. And the answer is always the same: kids want to take their visits. Staff holding guys off to see what higher prospects are doing. Seems like July will really be the start of the commit season. And then there will be those blue chip guys who play the long game....
Many have seemed to have forgotten that most of these kids have been locked down for months. This years cycle will obviously br drawn out to later dates than in the past.

Advertisement
Hope so brotha. But we’ve already had a few of our targets commit elsewhere. And when you only have two, it’s concerning.
I guess my concern really is, is there word on the street we don’t know?
Is it really just a case of Covid and a down year in south Florida?
I don’t know. But I do know it’ll be nice to see a few chips fall in the next couple of weeks.

I’m not caught up in credit for a year either way. Give it to him or don’t. He’s got to string together several classes in a row for us to get back to relevant. And if he does get us back to relevant, he’ll get all the credit he wants. Until then, I’m in wait and see mode on credit.
You know, we could have won 10 games last year had we played GT & Wake.
Would that have changed perspectives/expectations around here?
Maybe, maybe not.

Hope so brotha. But we’ve already had a few of our targets commit elsewhere. And when you only have two, it’s concerning.
I guess my concern really is, is there word on the street we don’t know?
Is it really just a case of Covid and a down year in south Florida?
I don’t know. But I do know it’ll be nice to see a few chips fall in the next couple of weeks.

Listen, I get some people are really anxious about recruiting numbers, but remember this…..

We’re all in strung out shape, but stay frosty, and alert.

I couldn’t give a fvck about only 2 commits right now. I will absolutely be concerned if we’re not seeing announcements by a week or two after Paradise. But I don’t expect we’ll be worried ar all by then.

Advertisement
From 247:
https://247sports.com/Article/june-college-football-recruiting-commitment-pace-166571885/

"June is typically a big month for commitments. In the 2019 class, 597 players committed in June alone. In the 2020 class, 676 players did so.

"But halfway through the month of June, only 93 members of the class of 2022 have made commitments. To be fair, that pace has picked up quite a bit over the first week, in which only 34 of those 93 commitments occurred. Even if the increased pace of the last week continues, the class of 2022 will have fewer than half of the number of commitments in June compared to a normal cycle.

"Still, the class of 2022 is way behind pace."

You think Ohio St, UGA, ND, LSU and on and on have fans are complaining about their double digit classes with 90+ averages in June?

I don't

Last edited:
Advertisement
Read their boards
No need to, their classes are great for mid-June and all them are likely Top 10 at the end of the period, if they are panicking they are fools for fans (they are).

Now if they had TWO total recruits, I could see them asking about it like some here have been. I think we will be fine (10-20 range at the end), but I would like to see the ball get rolling here pretty quick

This DOES feel different.

Like my *** is hanging out the ripped out seat of my britches.

'Course, it's not how you start - it's how you end. Speaking of ends . . .

It's feeling a bit breezy back there.

So yesterday two targets picked other schools (UNC, and UCF) and another, who previously committed is rumored to be flipping to UCF. My tea leaves say one of two things. Either we are going to land whales or we're in trouble. Yes it does feel different.

Advertisement
Back