Feeling some BBQ ???

Any one use a pressure cooker to cook Bbq ribs. If not its super easy and super fast. I have a 10qt pressure cooker and it will make 3 4 slabs at once. about 19-21 min then on a cookie sheet and under the broiler in the oven for just a few min. Got to keep an eye on them once you add sauce and place under the broiler. That sugar in the bbq sauce will burn quick if you dont pay attention.

Advertisement
Any one use a pressure cooker to cook Bbq ribs. If not its super easy and super fast. I have a 10qt pressure cooker and it will make 3 4 slabs at once. about 19-21 min then on a cookie sheet and under the broiler in the oven for just a few min. Got to keep an eye on them once you add sauce and place under the broiler. That sugar in the bbq sauce will burn quick if you dont pay attention.

I've never pressure cooked em', but boiled ribs finished in the oven if done right are pretty good.

Advertisement
To each His/Her own, but I'm not a fan of smoked ribs, like em' hot & fast with a lil' bit of pull.
I get that, that's why I suggested braising. You get the benefits of boiling without the negatives.

Why not smoke them?

Advertisement
Why not smoke them?
Im not a big fan of smoked foods. Even when I get deli cuts I dont like meats that are smokey flavored. I also have not done much smoking of meats so even if I liked it I dont have the skills set to probably pull it off. Lastly im not a very patient person so sitting around and waiting for a 12 hr pork butt, or 3-4 hrs for ribs to me is just way to dam long. lol . Maybe that will change as I get older.

Im not a big fan of smoked foods. Even when I get deli cuts I dont like meats that are smokey flavored. I also have not done much smoking of meats so even if I liked it I dont have the skills set to probably pull it off. Lastly im not a very patient person so sitting around and waiting for a 12 hr pork butt, or 3-4 hrs for ribs to me is just way to dam long. lol . Maybe that will change as I get older.

You can smoke pork butts hot & fast (300°-325°) and get the same results as low & slow.

I smoke at 275 for a few hours until its 160 or so, then foil and put in oven at 300. It takes about 6 hours total and is tender and moist.
Never finished in the oven...but one of my bbq heroes says btu's is btu's.

I typically smoke a shoulder at 275-300 till 160, wrap and then cook till 200

ribs I smoke hot and fast. 275-300 as well, till they pull a little away from the bones...foil with butter, honey, and brown sugar...till they pull very far away from the bones...and then sauce and get a little color for about 10 minutes...but I like my ribs with a little pull. not fall apart.

Advertisement
I used to brine my ribs in a sugar/salt brine...but found that pulling the membrane/a good rub with plenty of brown sugar helps just as good...and home made sauce is simple and delicious.

Make some chicken marsala. Little chef hack for you, buy chicken tenders instead of breast. Still put the tenders in a gallon zip lock bag and pound them out so they are all the same thickness. But those tenders are so much more tender its makes a huge difference.
I've probably made 1,000 Chicken Marsala's in my life....and another 1,000 Piccata's....
Never have I used Tenders....Not necessary...
A Boneless 8oz Breast...Butterflied in half and then pounded is all you need....

Advertisement
I've probably made 1,000 Chicken Marsala's in my life....and another 1,000 Piccata's....
Never have I used Tenders....Not necessary...
A Boneless 8oz Breast...Butterflied in half and then pounded is all you need....
I hear you but to be fair you said you've never used tenders, so you dont really have a base to judge them off. Plus they are so cheap. I buy mine from Fresh Fields Farm for $1.19 a lb, just cant beat that price. I usually make this meal for 8 to 10 people, usually for 3 or 4 at my house then I make the rest for friends at work. So that price point really works for me.

I hear you but to be fair you said you've never used tenders, so you dont really have a base to judge them off. Plus they are so cheap. I buy mine from Fresh Fields Farm for $1.19 a lb, just cant beat that price. I usually make this meal for 8 to 10 people, usually for 3 or 4 at my house then I make the rest for friends at work. So that price point really works for me.
Don't tell me about I don't have a Base to Judge them....I've used tenders in every conceivable way....I was making Piccata's and Marsala's before you were probably born...I'm classically trained in Italian fare...and I've been an Executive Chef...and and a Executive Sous Chef at some of the Finest Italian Rest's in Fl since 1981....I've never once used Tenders for the Dish's described (in a rest setting once) an 8oz Boneless Breast (filleted into 2 or 3) is more than suffice for the mentioned dishes.

Advertisement
Back