Feeling some BBQ ???

Advertisement
I've got to go with guy who fired up 55 gal drum split on 87th St and NW 27th Ave Dade County every Friday afternoon. Best ribs I've ever had. I grill some mean ones myself but could not hold candle to his. Going back almost 50 years but I can still taste them. There was another weekend warrior north of him on 27th in a little south of MDJC who was close. Never passed by either one when they were cooking.

Left over grits are great fried. My favorite dish is grits with cut up fried center cut ham slice with three over medium eggs on top. cut everything up and mix it around. The egg yolk multiplies the grits. If you want a laugh, My Cousin Vinny courtroom grit scene is one of the best.
Sounds sort of how I eat mine at Waffle House. lol . I like the round little sausage patties. I dice them up and do the same thing with the eggs. Got to have the white toast with tons of butter on it. lol . Not healthy at all but so good.

My grand mother made a version that was pretty inane. It was like half banana pudding like you would expect, but the kicker was she made it also like bread pudding. It made it a bit more dense and not so much like a pudding. Thats the best way I can describe it. She was an old school southern woman and everything we ate had some sort of fried portion no matter breakfast, lunch or dinner. We also had grits for almost every single meal.

AMEN.

I’ve got and Old Hickory I’m firing up this weekend, turkey breast, butts and 30 racks of 2/up domestic all pecan.

Advertisement
Best BBQ spots I’ve eaten at are:

Joe’s KC BBQ- Kansas City
Martins BBQ Pit - Nashville
Pecan Lodge - Dallas
Hometown BBQ - Miami
Sparky’s Roadside BBQ - Miami

Sounds sort of how I eat mine at Waffle House. lol . I like the round little sausage patties. I dice them up and do the same thing with the eggs. Got to have the white toast with tons of butter on it. lol . Not healthy at all but so good.
Many an after hours "hangover prevention" breakfast at Waffle House. Love patty sausage myself. Sometimes I'd go with rye toast pretending it was healthy but white toast is mainstay for me too. You need to toast to swab the deck for leftover egg yoke. For any local Cane fans, Ham n eatery on 163rd street in N Dade is my top breakfast place. They have meal with huge center cut bone -in ham steak that is hard to find elsewhere. Plus there is Krispy Kreme right down the street for desert -- almost always has Hot Now lit up.

Last edited:
Many an after hours "hangover prevention" breakfast at Waffle House. Love patty sausage myself. Sometimes I'd go with eye toast pretending it was healthy but white toast is mainstay for me too. You need to toast to swab the deck for leftover egg yoke. For any local Cane fans, Ham n eatery on 163rd street in N Dade is my top breakfast place. They have meal with huge center cut bone -in ham steak that is hard to find elsewhere. Plus there is Krispy Kreme right down the street for desert -- almost always has Hot Now lit up.
isn't that Krispy Kreme across the street where Vito's pizza was? To be quite honest Vito's was the best I've ever had.

Advertisement
Best BBQ spots I’ve eaten at are:

Joe’s KC BBQ- Kansas City
Martins BBQ Pit - Nashville
Pecan Lodge - Dallas
Hometown BBQ - Miami
Sparky’s Roadside BBQ - Miami
Ridgewood BBQ, Bluff City, TN (Extreme NE TN) Little hole in the wall literally cut into the side of a hill. Pulled pork and beef - no ribs. The sauce is the kicker. Home sliced fries to die for.

isn't that Krispy Kreme across the street where Vito's pizza was? To be quite honest Vito's was the best I've ever had.
I believe it is. Marcellas over on 183 st by Norland was always my go to for pizza so I don't remember trying out Vito's -- usually full by the time I got pass KK. Maybe it is just me, but pizza was much better back in day. Not to mention for garlic knots.

I believe it is. Marcellas over on 183 st by Norland was always my go to for pizza so I don't remember trying out Vito's -- usually full by the time I got pass KK. Maybe it is just me, but pizza was much better back in day. Not to mention for garlic knots.
Vito's was the home of the Fuggazza pizza. A monstrous layer of dough, a layer of cheese, layer of dough, toppings, cheese, and then some chunky sauce in spots and typically some raw onions they put on that cooked...oh my I can still taste it.

Advertisement
Vito's was the home of the Fuggazza pizza. A monstrous layer of dough, a layer of cheese, layer of dough, toppings, cheese, and then some chunky sauce in spots and typically some raw onions they put on that cooked...oh my I can still taste it.
Ah, a true pizza pie. I like thin crust dripping in oil and grease pepperoni but Fuggazza sounds like frigging good.

Advertisement
Place just looks legit. The screendoor especially. I actually have been through that area of South Cackalacky a little bit and it doesn't surprise me that you found some good **** there.
This is Greenville, Northcackalacky. Yesterday a guy from Kinston, NC who travels Eastern NC a great deal told me that B’s is the best. They only make a certain amount each day and when it’s gone they close.

Best BBQ ribs I’ve had are at Buz and Ned’s in Richmond but I have never been to Memphis so that’s definitely on the list.

Many an after hours "hangover prevention" breakfast at Waffle House. Love patty sausage myself. Sometimes I'd go with rye toast pretending it was healthy but white toast is mainstay for me too. You need to toast to swab the deck for leftover egg yoke. For any local Cane fans, Ham n eatery on 163rd street in N Dade is my top breakfast place. They have meal with huge center cut bone -in ham steak that is hard to find elsewhere. Plus there is Krispy Kreme right down the street for desert -- almost always has Hot Now lit up.
LOL . Swab the deck for left over egg yolk. Thats gold.

Day trip to Skylight Inn today...6 lbs of Q with slaw back to Raleigh. Also hit Bum's in Ayden...very good Q but coarser chopped.
20200407_130036.jpg

20200407_131731.jpg

Attachments

• 20200407_130449.jpg
    20200407_130449.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Back