Feeling some BBQ ???

Advertisement
As far as bbq chains go....

4 Rivers Bbq is as good as it gets for a chain bbq joint. Gotta get the messy pig.

Maurice's bbq piggie park in South Carolins is another chain that's got it figured out as well. Their hash is out of this fn world good.

Dinosaur Bbq up in Syracuse is another really good small bbq chain with some excellent sauce choices.

I grew up on Shorty's and Shriver's and I'm still a sucker for Shorty's boiling hot corn on the cob and of course their Shorty's sauce. Their bbq is meh but I still stop in for old times sake from time to time.

Go Canes!!!!

There's a local spot in Miami (Little Haiti) that I really enjoy. Although it's not your typical midwestern or southern bbq styles, Bon Gout BBQ is a must try.

except it was closer to NY style than Chi town style. Now I'm hungry.
Well, it is all Yankee food to me, but I will eat either in a NY minute or Southern hour, depending on how many slices there are. I'm hungry now too. Wife has forbade any take out for now and I can't make pizza worth a crap. BUT I do make killer meat, chicken, porkchop and sweet Italian sausage sauce, so pasta it is.

Advertisement
Many an after hours "hangover prevention" breakfast at Waffle House. Love patty sausage myself. Sometimes I'd go with rye toast pretending it was healthy but white toast is mainstay for me too. You need to toast to swab the deck for leftover egg yoke. For any local Cane fans, Ham n eatery on 163rd street in N Dade is my top breakfast place. They have meal with huge center cut bone -in ham steak that is hard to find elsewhere. Plus there is Krispy Kreme right down the street for desert -- almost always has Hot Now lit up.

Lums used to have a bomb *** egg, grits, sausage, & toast breakfast, buttered grits just pouring off your plate, cheap too. Their pigeon peas & rice was fiya too.

Well, it is all Yankee food to me, but I will eat either in a NY minute or Southern hour, depending on how many slices there are. I'm hungry now too. Wife has forbade any take out for now and I can't make pizza worth a crap. BUT I do make killer meat, chicken, porkchop and sweet Italian sausage sauce, so pasta it is.
I got an easy pizza dough recipe...you mix it up the night before and it makes 4 basically 12 inch pizzas.

And it didn't accompany this post why?

• 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces or about 3 3/4 unsifted cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
  • 1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
  • 16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
  • 350 grams (11/2 cups) water

add all that to a bowl, and start mixing with a wooden spoon, and then use your hands...just till all the flour is incorporated.

cover it up with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel for about 18 hours. it'll double in size and be pretty sticky.

Add some flour to the bowl, and counter...and scrape the dough out and just knead it till it comes together...and form 4 balls.

shape each into a pizza shape...and then make your pizza...a gas bbq grill makes a good pizza oven....heat it up as high as it goes...and the take the dough and put it on the grill for a couple minutes till it stiffens...you'll then take it off and put the sauce and toppings on the slightly cooked side.

But if using an oven...heat it up to 450-500 and either with a pizza stone or an upside down sheet pan...prepare the pizza on a peel or a pizza pan...and put all your toppings on...and then when it stiffens you can put it direct onto the stone or sheet pan to crisp up.

Advertisement
  • 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces or about 3 3/4 unsifted cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
  • 1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
  • 16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
  • 350 grams (11/2 cups) water

add all that to a bowl, and start mixing with a wooden spoon, and then use your hands...just till all the flour is incorporated.

cover it up with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel for about 18 hours. it'll double in size and be pretty sticky.

Add some flour to the bowl, and counter...and scrape the dough out and just knead it till it comes together...and form 4 balls.

shape each into a pizza shape...and then make your pizza...a gas bbq grill makes a good pizza oven....heat it up as high as it goes...and the take the dough and put it on the grill for a couple minutes till it stiffens...you'll then take it off and put the sauce and toppings on the slightly cooked side.

But if using an oven...heat it up to 450-500 and either with a pizza stone or an upside down sheet pan...prepare the pizza on a peel or a pizza pan...and put all your toppings on...and then when it stiffens you can put it direct onto the stone or sheet pan to crisp up.
Thanks for this. I like putting my dough directly on the grates and flip it in a minute or two, then put on toppings.

Thanks for this. I like putting my dough directly on the grates and flip it in a minute or two, then put on toppings.

I do that when I'm using my bbq. last couple of times I just used my oven. would be interesting to get some oak pellets and try my pellet grill.

Advertisement
I do like pizza, and have a good pizza place...but am trying to not go out and use what we have.

Think I'll try to replicate the fuggazza pizza next time.
I had a white pizza recipe some time ago that started out with a whole lot of diced onion coked down as the base. I mentioned it to my Argentinian friend who was building an outdoor pizza oven at the time and he mentioned fugazza. His great grandparents were transplanted Italians and apparently there were a whole lot of them in Argentina. Thus, fugazza.

I've been wanting to try this recipe.

I had a white pizza recipe some time ago that started out with a whole lot of diced onion coked down as the base. I mentioned it to my Argentinian friend who was building an outdoor pizza oven at the time and he mentioned fugazza. His great grandparents were transplanted Italians and apparently there were a whole lot of them in Argentina. Thus, fugazza.

I've been wanting to try this recipe.

Yeah, I'm basically going to make that...and add a little chunky sauce up on top

I do like pizza, and have a good pizza place...but am trying to not go out and use what we have.

Think I'll try to replicate the fuggazza pizza next time.
Let me know how it turns out. Wife and I have been on lock down long before anyone said to. I've revisited several old dishes too. Made BBQ beans I have not mad in 15 years. Just finished them for lunch-- I load them with ham and bacon. Made ham and cabbage that turned out to be a soup. Wife loves it. I have spaghetti sauce simmering now, we call it gravy. I like to let it sit a day so it is for tomorrow. I am jonesing for some Popeyes chicken but the wife shut down take out, but only after we got her favorite, Kispy Kreme. Stay safe.

Advertisement
Let me know how it turns out. Wife and I have been on lock down long before anyone said to. I've revisited several old dishes too. Made BBQ beans I have not mad in 15 years. Just finished them for lunch-- I load them with ham and bacon. Made ham and cabbage that turned out to be a soup. Wife loves it. I have spaghetti sauce simmering now, we call it gravy. I like to let it sit a day so it is for tomorrow. I am jonesing for some Popeyes chicken but the wife shut down take out, but only after we got her favorite, Kispy Kreme. Stay safe.

I got a pretty good buttermilk fried chicken recipe..and I make **** good buttermilk biscuits too.

Lums used to have a bomb *** egg, grits, sausage, & toast breakfast, buttered grits just pouring off your plate, cheap too. Their pigeon peas & rice was fiya too.
Ate many of those breakfast too. I have fond memories of Lums because I made money off its IPO. Didn't like the hotdog thing, beer or not but sure loved the stock profits.

I got a pretty good buttermilk fried chicken recipe..and I make **** good buttermilk biscuits too.
Send some chicken over. The only good fried chicken I make is unbreaded thighs fried in bacon grease. My dad made fired chicken worthy of a armed conflict to get and eat but failed to teach me how. Guess he wanted to make sure I missed him.

Send some chicken over. The only good fried chicken I make is unbreaded thighs fried in bacon grease. My dad made fired chicken worthy of a armed conflict to get and eat but failed to teach me how. Guess he wanted to make sure I missed him.
Make some chicken marsala. Little chef hack for you, buy chicken tenders instead of breast. Still put the tenders in a gallon zip lock bag and pound them out so they are all the same thickness. But those tenders are so much more tender its makes a huge difference.

Advertisement
Back