Feel bad for TVD

King also hurt the Ol by holding on to the ball too long, I posted this when everyone was ripping the Ol. Then it magically got better when TVD entered. King also had an issue with the Rpo, I posted that as well. Then magically the OL improved and so did the Rpo when Tvd stepped under center.

King would stare down guys and then roll out causing pressure. He did that a lot. Fans only see the pressure or the sack. The Ol post King was more of what it really was.
I'd personally disagree on the extremity of the issue while agreeing that king became an issue. I'd say our largest issue was play calling initially. King became an issue because of how severe his injuries became. While he certainly isn't a world beater at QB, hes far better than he's was made to look last year. An injured knee,acl & rib cage will do that to just about anyone. Tyler was the benefit of better play calling as a whole for what the offense was capable of. Rambo being who he was and Tyler having the arm & the accuracy to throw a beautiful deep ball certainly helped. Your dead on with the rpo issue though. My personal thought on that is he couldn't just admit to himself the limitations he had due to injuries & couldn't adapt to not being able to make the plays with his legs that's were previously a strength. I think the online was better than average in pass blocking. But it's hard not to get that credit when defenses know you've virtually abandoned the idea of running the ball conventionally & will instead force quick throws and draws.

Advertisement
King also hurt the Ol by holding on to the ball too long, I posted this when everyone was ripping the Ol. Then it magically got better when TVD entered. King also had an issue with the Rpo, I posted that as well. Then magically the OL improved and so did the Rpo when Tvd stepped under center.

King would stare down guys and then roll out causing pressure. He did that a lot. Fans only see the pressure or the sack. The Ol post King was more of what it really was.

That’s true my guy, but I think u forget Mr Jermaine Johnson built a 1st round draft highlight film on us w/ TVD, too. Lol

Just for the record:

King:
Bama - 4 sacks given up
App St - 2 sacks given up
MSU - 3 sacks given up

TVD:
UVA - 4 sacks given up
NCSt - 4 sacks given up
UNC - 3 sacks given up
Pitt - 3 sacks given up
FSU - 3 sacks given up

These are just facts. So while we didn’t give up any sacks to:
-CCSU (FCS School)
-Duke (130th in Def / T-96th in sacks )
-GT (117th in Def / T-96th in sacks)
-VT (78th in Def / T-82nd in sacks)

the fact is, this OL gave up 17 sacks in 5 of the 9 games TVD started. That’s not even including the shear amount of TFLs given up.

That’s true my guy, but I think u forget Mr Jermaine Johnson built a 1st round draft highlight film on us w/ TVD, too. Lol

Just for the record:

King:
Bama - 4 sacks given up
App St - 2 sacks given up
MSU - 3 sacks given up

TVD:
UVA - 4 sacks given up
NCSt - 4 sacks given up
UNC - 3 sacks given up
Pitt - 3 sacks given up
FSU - 3 sacks given up

These are just facts. So while we didn’t give up any sacks to:
-CCSU (FCS School)
-Duke (130th in Def / T-96th in sacks )
-GT (117th in Def / T-96th in sacks)
-VT (78th in Def / T-82nd in sacks)

the fact is, this OL gave up 17 sacks in 5 of the 9 games TVD started. That’s not even including the shear amount of TFLs given up.
OL definitely played better when Clark took over at C and we moved some guys around

We had some horrifying RT play last year at times

OL definitely played better when Clark took over at C and we moved some guys around

Exactly. The shuffle made a difference + TVD finding Rambo. But even w that said, we elevated from putrid to mediocre. Better than B4, but getting real coaching will hopefully change this current group from mediocre to average, & the next group from average to good. By the time the class of ‘22 become sophomores, I see us as an elite group & never returning back as long as Mario & Alex is here.

Exactly. The shuffle made a difference + TVD finding Rambo. But even w that said, we elevated from putrid to mediocre. Better than B4, but getting real coaching will hopefully change this current group from mediocre to average, & the next group from average to good. By the time the class of ‘22 become sophomores, I see us as an elite group & never returning back as long as Mario & Alex is here.
100% my man

Without a doubt the thing I’m most excited about is not only Mario, but just the stable of elite coaches up and down the staff. The comments about the sheer number of teachers out there during the spring was exciting

Nothing will be falling through the cracks

Advertisement
Any time the Bronson GIf's come out it's serious.....
1658212521049.gif

100% my man

Without a doubt the thing I’m most excited about is not only Mario, but just the stable of elite coaches up and down the staff. The comments about the sheer number of teachers out there during the spring was exciting

Nothing will be falling through the cracks
Richt was our best coach since Butch, low bar, but his staff was pedestrian at best. The level of talent we have at the position coach level now is insane. When we won, we had future head coaches all over the field. I feel like we are getting back to those levels.

LMAO that's funny. I can't speak for the other dude but I am 6'2" 317lbs of pure Caribbean chocolate with with a strong back and well equipped to handle my chunky ladies. I can scoop a mamita in the high 200's with no problem, but my for ladies in the 300's I gotta dig deep and steady my soul with serious conviction in my heart before snatching one of them up. That said I have never run from a bootylicious task set before me (the lord never gives you more than you can handle, hence why I have two big hands, one for each handle to gain the needed leverage)!

Can't be afraid of the deep end of the pool.
37df986ca65e4b885f5acb97769b9e4d.jpg

Go Canes
6' 215 ish here. I'm keeping the cardiologist on stand by...

I noticed a lot less guys running free inside on stunts after Clark took over at center. Better protection calls?

Advertisement
6' 215 ish here. I'm keeping the cardiologist on stand by...

Don't worry I get my 12K steps in everyday, I used to do 10K but am getting older so I needed to up my cardio to keep things running right 😅.
As for the resistance training, you can guess how I get that aspect handled 😜, let's just I train heavy everyday and twice a day on the weekends.

Go Canes

I have a couple questions. 1, Does this even belong in the recruiting forum? 2, Did you not watch any games last year because passing concepts were definitely not the issue. 3, Why not feel bad for the RBs if anything because Lashlees running concepts were garbage, 4, Do you think people are saying he is a day 1 pick because he couldn't throw the ball? 5, are you a FSU or Gator fan?

I have a couple questions. 1, Does this even belong in the recruiting forum? 2, Did you not watch any games last year because passing concepts were definitely not the issue. 3, Why not feel bad for the RBs if anything because Lashlees running concepts were garbage, 4, Do you think people are saying he is a day 1 pick because he couldn't throw the ball? 5, are you a FSU or Gator fan?
Could say that about the RB also but they aren’t the face of this program.

Went to all the home games

TVD did what he did in spite of what he was working with. He’s that good. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has a better pro career. Not saying he will.

For uh, science what might her name be?

I think the OL will be fine this year with better coaching.

It is now day 3, and no one has answered this fine gentleman’s question

Hunter Mcgrady

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bingo. I'd also say he may be responsible for their better play as a unit. TVD got to the pocket and zinged it. Love King, but I have to think he wasn't the ideal match for a line that was learning on the go.

TVD's familiarity with the OL plus the substantial better OL coaching will result in even more time and better passing downs due to improved running game.

My only wish/regret for TVD is not having Rambo back. While I do think one of our guys will emerge, Rambo/TVD combo was unlike anything we'd seen in a long while.

My hope is that the improved OL and running game will also result in better opportunities for one of our guys to become WR1.
Wtf give the coach a chance its been 20 **** years since i felt good about a staff . You’re kiling my vibe , go water board yourself

Wtf give the coach a chance its been 20 **** years since i felt good about a staff . You’re kiling my vibe , go water board yourself
I’m expressing confidence in an improved run game which will result in opportunities for WR downfield.

What’s vibe killing about that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back