Feagles is a huge liability

I’ve said this for the last 5 games. Kid usually kicks pretty short but usually has decent hangtime. The punt that irritated me today was the one from the 44 that had to have a good bounce to reach the 20. He has usually done better with a kick that has a helicopter spin but he is definitely a liability on trying to flip the field and punt the ball far.

Advertisement
Muffed catch doesn’t happen without 4.5sec hang times to let Homer get there. Kid has to work on balancing distance with hang time. He will add 2 yards every year and potentially 4 next year by just removing the block and -1 yard shank.

He's a great short field punter. If we're midfield, he consistently puts the opponent >15 yard line.

His main issue is leg power.

Advertisement
Only a fool couldn't see he had mechanical issues way back in early October.

I love how much flack I got for starting this thread. lol super fans

Advertisement
Feagles has time to improve, but we need another punter that can beat him out or push him to get better so he can
keep his job...

Aside from that special teams as a whole is our Achilles heel. The punter always puts our defense in bad field position. The kick off coverage always puts our defense in bad field position.

And our punt and kick return game isnt a scoring threat, or threat to flip field position, because our blocking is terrible.

Next year we will have added more depth, and therefor will be better in the coverage department, but coaching will have to improve if we are going to field a better return unit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The “he’s just a True Freshman” argument is such a crock of ****.

This was game 11, he’s started the entire ******* season. He’s gotten worse, not better.

Any time your punter is on the field 10 times in a game don't expect to win the game.

Advertisement
Back