Favorite Game Ever Attended?

The 2009 FSU-UM game.

It was a back and forth game the whole way through. When FSU failed to convert at the end of the game, the UM section went HAM!!!

Advertisement
Only been to two Hurricanes games in my life (born and raised in Chicago).

The ND game at Soldier Field in 2012 and the UF game in 2013.

So you know which is my favorite.

Ohio State 2011.

First game as a UM student. SunLife was rocking and we came away with the W

Far and away 1-2:
1) 2003 Gators
2) 2000 FSU - Wide Right III

Next:
3) 2002 FSU - Wide Left
4) 1994 FSU - Loudest Stadium I've ever heard and my first Miami/FSU game

Advertisement
1999 VS Penn St. the first Miami game my dad and granddad took me too even though we lost it was special, especially since my granddad is passed away now.

2000 VS Fsu in the OB with my dad, brother, and uncle. That place was freaking rocking that day.

That 99 Penn State was probably the best game I ever went to that Miami lost. It rained the whole game but it was exciting as ****. That was the beginning of the end of the Kenny Kelly era.

I was at that game, weather was absolute ****. Still think we got a first down but got a terrible spot from the refs right before PSU scored on the long pass.

Some of the best
1988 um 31-0 fsu
1989 um nd
Sugar bowl um over bama for national championship
Wide right 1 @ fsu sitting in end zone watching
Orange bowl um over Nebraska for national championship in 1991

Worst the last game ever in the orange bowl against UVA

I was at the 1999 psu game
From where I was sitting which was a great vantage point - got the first down on both third and fourth down

Advertisement
2003 vs WVU in the Orange Bowl... Quincy Wilson was hit on a screen pass and absolutely trucked Merriweather on a 33 yrd TD pass to go up 20-19 with 2 min left in the game.

Brock Berlin hits Kellen Winslow on a 4th and 13 on the ensuing drive to extend the game, and eventually Peattie hits a FG to win it with 14 seconds left.

Also,

The 2009 Miami vs FSU in Doak was awesome to witness from the Seminole Student Section... Absolute meltdown mode. GREAT!

Top 5 in no particular order

'01 vs. Washington perfect storm: night game and revenge factor
'01 Rose Bowl
'02 vs. FSU hottest game I have ever attended
'05 vs. Vag Tech nothing like watching grown men cry as we left the stadium
'03 vs. UF

Advertisement
Agree there are way too many to choose from, but if I had to commit to a list .....

1st place: Orange Bowl 1984 against Nebraska - 1st NC and greatest game ever
2nd place (tie): FSU 2000 at the OB
2nd place (tie): Notre Dame 1989 at the OB
3rd place: Cotton Bowl 1991 against Texas
4th Place (tie): Gators 1981 at the OB - Miller kicks a 55 yarder to win it
4th Place (tie): Houston 1991 at the OB
5th Place: Gators 2003 at the OB - the Brock Berlin comeback

Going to my first game this year in Jonesboro, but was more interested to know what everyone's favorite game they ever attended live was? Whether it was a colossal win or a great experience (meeting players/coaches)

Have been attending games since 1957 so that is a tough choice. Has to be the Rose Bowl hands down. But several other great memories too.

Advertisement
2003 vs UF or 2004 vs FSU but the real best game iv ever attended will be this year in tallahaasee when we put an end to the streak!

So many in the OB in the 80's and 90's that it is impossible to pick one. After thinking about it I have to go with one I missed, the biggest of them all, the first NC in OB against the Huskers.

We were living in on beach across from hotel with ton of NE fans loaded with cash and convinced they would win, so I sold them my 6 tickets and bet it all on Miami without any points and got 3-1 from them. Made more bets every night until the game. Ended up being my biggest wager ever, beating my total bets on Super Bowl week in DC for the Fins and Redskins in the Perfect Season by 2K.

As much as I love the Cane games, all those 100's made up for missing the game. I taped the game, remember VCR's, and watched it every night that week counting that money. I watch that tape every year and can still feel those bills.

I was at the 1999 psu game
From where I was sitting which was a great vantage point - got the first down on both third and fourth down

Speaking of PSU, I forgot Jim Kelly's big win in Happy Valley. I was there and if was fantastic. Really the start of everything. It showed the Howard was redefining offense in college football and the impact speed was going to have. After that, I went into almost every game thinking we would win and knowing it was only a matter of time before we took it all.

Advertisement
Back