Favorite Game Ever Attended?

Beating the gator in Tampa in 84 and in hogtown in 86, 02. Natty vs Nebraska in 84 (83 season), ND in 89, F$U in 00. Great times, time to make some new memories!

Advertisement
Going to my first game this year in Jonesboro, but was more interested to know what everyone's favorite game they ever attended live was? Whether it was a colossal win or a great experience (meeting players/coaches)

1) Win over Nebraska in OB
2) I was at Wide Right 1 in Tallahassee
then unfortunately... I was at some memorable losses...
3) Hail Flutie
4) the collapse against Maryland
5) and the toughest of all in South Bend, me and my 4 buds had field level seats and saw the Cleveland Gary NON fumble right in front of us.

Nearly impossible to pick just one. Wide Right 1 was such a classic, and my first game live, so I'll go with that one.

Getting into a fight with Buzz at the Gator Bowl after the 99 season puts that game up the list a bit.

I've been to 2 Miami Hurricane games
vs FAMU at home when I was in elementary a long time ago.

@ Duke for "The Return" game in 2015.

So I think that Duke game will stick with me for a while.

Advertisement
2006 vs BC in the OB.

Senior Night on Thanksgiving. Honored Pata that night too. Plus, got to wake up the next morning to Coker's firing.

The UCLA game from 98, Edge ran for close to 300.
Wide right 3 and Wide left 1.
Washington game 01 (revenge at the OB).
The RAB

'89 vs ND best game ever, atmosphere was insane. That game and '85 Monday Night game vs Bears were hands down the most awesome experience I've had at all my years going Canes and Fins games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Never been in a louder stadium than the '89 UM-ND game. Just an incredibly electric environment. That 3rd and 43 conversion was ridiculous!

Advertisement
2000 Game vs. FSU that went back and forth may have been the best game to watch.
Atmosphere HAD to be 01 Washington. We were the first 2 conversion vans in the parking lot at 10am. Boozed up all day. "accidentally" knocked a Husky band nerds hat off with an errant throw, called every chick in purple a Husky Fcker, took pictures with Lynn Swann and told Bob Gresie his son was a dirty drunk because he wouldn't follow Swannies graciousness. 10 am is really early for an 8 o'clock game. Oh... and we ear holed them for what they did in 2000.

'89 vs ND best game ever, atmosphere was insane. That game and '85 Monday Night game vs Bears were hands down the most awesome experience I've had at all my years going Canes and Fins games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Never been in a louder stadium than the '89 UM-ND game. Just an incredibly electric environment. That 3rd and 43 conversion was ridiculous!

Agreed, my ears were ringing after the game, it was crazy. You could feel the hate for ND in the stadium.

Advertisement
September 10, 2004 Miami vs FSU.

Frank Gore scored the game winner.

I thought the OB was going to fall down after Frank scored that game winner. You could literally feel the stadium moving.

My all-underrated games I was at were 2 Thursday night comebacks:

2003 vs. WVU
2004 vs. Louisville

Advertisement
1999 VS Penn St. the first Miami game my dad and granddad took me too even though we lost it was special, especially since my granddad is passed away now.

2000 VS Fsu in the OB with my dad, brother, and uncle. That place was freaking rocking that day.

1999 VS Penn St. the first Miami game my dad and granddad took me too even though we lost it was special, especially since my granddad is passed away now.

2000 VS Fsu in the OB with my dad, brother, and uncle. That place was freaking rocking that day.

That 99 Penn State was probably the best game I ever went to that Miami lost. It rained the whole game but it was exciting as ****. That was the beginning of the end of the Kenny Kelly era.

'00 and '02 FSU stick out for me. It was so dang hot for both games. Dorsey's game winning drive. And then that Mcgahee screen pass. And as a young buck the girls in the West End Zone having pretty much nothing on was definitely a plus. I miss the OB.

Those are two of my favorites as well! I was 12 years old and had been to many games at the OB, but the level of noise and insanity at those two games always stuck with me!

I miss the OB too man.

The atmosphere in the OB was always electric, I would get chills when I entered the stadium.
That said another great kick-*** game was #1 Oklahoma vs #2 UM with Brian Bosworth in 1986.
The U 28-16 with Vinny at the helm.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back