Fan negativity - Ivins

We expect to be great, we aren't. Until that changes we will be "negative". That negativity is solely to blame on the UM administration for the last 15 years, not the fans. If we seen improvement, getting better at the end of the year and/or Diaz making changes, we'd be a little less negative.

I understand that but it doesnt need to be done under a post that a recruit puts up

Advertisement
Lmao this happens every where. Ivins is out of pocket to act like it only happens at Miami. SEC fans are wild. These recruits and players say the same shít we say. Also parents need to stop acting like what they read on boards is a determining factor on where their child plays.

Lmao this happens every where. Ivins is out of pocket to act like it only happens at Miami. SEC fans are wild. These recruits and players say the same shít we say. Also parents need to stop acting like what they read on boards is a determining factor on where their child plays.
Ivins puts the right images up on social media, but I've never been able to conclude that he's a Cane.

We've had a lot of coverage over the years from dudes who are just going through the motions as beat writers. For this program in particular, that doesn't work very well.

Stop blaming the fans. The coaching sucks and underachieves. Ivins giving that (recruit awareness of fan discontent) mention at all IMO enables this trashy staff and their BS.

where do you connect those two? Trashy fans maybe. Just because you CAN say what you want on social media or on this board, doesn't mean you SHOULD. the problem is people having the common sense to distinguish between the two

Advertisement
You guys are confusing two things.....I dont think any poster is defending the admin. However, the negative publicity does hurt recruiting, so its a bit of a catch 22. Would probably be better to call athletic dept, stop donating, stop buying tickets, etc. instead of going nuts on social media.

So what. If we lose recruits bc of fan negativity they wouldn't have cut it here anyway.

The crazy thing about the fan negativity trope is more times than not, the fans are usually correct with what they're saying.

The only thing I believe is out of bounds is tweeting at recruits (only losers do this). Personally, I dont think coaches should be tweeted at either.

BOTs and ADs are fair game, however.

Last edited:
This football program is run like our government. They take your money and tell you to sit down and shut up. They make terrible decision after terrible decision and still act as if they are smarter than you, and deserve to hold the position they are in.
Then cry broke and offer to solve the problem of poor performance if they just had more money.

Advertisement
He never said it’s just Miami..he just saying it does have affect

You guys are confusing two things.....I dont think any poster is defending the admin. However, the negative publicity does hurt recruiting, so its a bit of a catch 22. Would probably be better to call athletic dept, stop donating, stop buying tickets, etc. instead of going nuts on social media.

Couldnt have said it better.....everyone read this

Advertisement

Ivins NEVER said Miami is the only place this happens. He was actually pretty restrained in what he said.

You have parents asking not to have visit pictures posted on social media by the board mods because fans can't use common sense and refrain from posting obnoxious comments about staff on them. It's really sad

fu*k outta here with this charmin soft p*ssy bull****. try underachieving or underperforming at FSU, ohio state, notre dame, anywhere in the SEC, and see what fans say and what kind of backlash there is. i swear to christ i dont care who the recruit is, if they don't choose a school because the fans are mean on the internet, GTFO and don't turn around

Advertisement
I understand that but it doesnt need to be done under a post that a recruit puts up

We all know that and agree with that, expect for maybe a couple of idiots who think tweeting BS to recruits is a good idea. Unfortunately that's not something we can control because we don't have control over those services. They give people a voice who don't deserve one and it can't be taken away in most cases unless it's really bad/offensive. You or I complaining about it or us loosing a recruit over it isn't going to convince that idiot not to post it.

Advertisement
Back