Fall Scrimmage #1 Thread

Shocking! A freshman QB just coming from HS who hasn't been on campus long enough to know his way around without asking for directions has not fared well against one of the best defenses in the country. Some fans will jump of bridges now.

They should have never tried to cross the "perry will start game one bridge" without ANY evidence to back it up. So I wouldn't mind them jumping.

Advertisement
Rosier was against 2's defense from with Richt said yesterday

Do you see much of a drop off between the two units?

They would be the 2s for a reason. Our depth at a lot of spots isn't good
Not our front seven. This is the deepest unit in all of our roster.

IMO lb has a pretty big drop off after the first three.

Cribby,

Owens was solid before injury. If he is back that's good and Diaz talking about how Mike Smith has stepped up makes me feel better. I know some have hyped Jamie Gordinier but I don't see it with him.

If Shirreffs put those numbers against the #1 D, he might just be the starter. If Rosier did, same for him. I believe the coaches have been wanting to see consistency from Shirreffs in order for him to pull away a bit. Rosier putting up those numbers just makes the race that much tighter. Good problem to have! Perry will get there. Not concerned at all about his numbers.

Advertisement
After this scrimmage, this board will tell you Nkosi is not ready to be the starter this season.

However, if in the next scrimmage he has a day similar to what Malik had today, he will automatically go back to being the chosen one, Nkosi da gawd.

That's message boards for u

I see nothing regarding Jeff Thomas...no receptions nothing on PR.KR did he play?
Thomas has been out for the last few practices, so he didn't participate in the scrimmage today.

Hamstring stuff, nothing major, staff just being precautionary.

Advertisement
All things considered we are talking about our 1st dline a top 5 unit in the country against our second string oline of course nkosi numbers wouldn't be that good.

Last edited:
Malek young is a magnet for interceptions

And Mike Harley appears to be a magnet for scoring TDs

Advertisement
I have been in the minority on this one from day one but I stand by my early prediction that Rosier will be the man.
That was pretty much everyone's prediction from day one. I think everyone was just hoping Perry would be elite from day one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I see nothing regarding Jeff Thomas...no receptions nothing on PR.KR did he play?
Thomas has been out for the last few practices, so he didn't participate in the scrimmage today.

Thomas practiced on Friday but like you said they probably rested him this scrimmage
He wasn't full go in practice though, that's why he sat out today, he did light work & was on the stationary bike.

Advertisement

Thomas practiced on Friday but like you said they probably rested him this scrimmage
He wasn't full go in practice though, that's why he sat out today, he did light work & was on the stationary bike.

Wow SMD missed him on the bike? Guess she was too busy counting Pinckney's legs to see him...

All things considered we are talking about our 1st dline a top 5 unit in the country against our second string oline of course nkosi numbers wouldn't be that good.

I am impressed he completed 6 passes quite frankly.

Last edited:
coaches have to evaluate the tape on qb play. did they make the right reads? were they short completions with tons of yac? we can get all giddy and crown MR the qb based off stats, but, were they short passes with yac? did he make the right read? too much else goes into it other than completion % and tds when comparing the 2 qbs.

they know what guys like Jeff Thomas can do. he's gonna play. no reason for him to play in the scrimmage with a slight injury.

Advertisement
Back