Fall Scrimmage #1 Thread

Advertisement
Seems like a competitive scrimmage. Back to practice and looking forward to scrimmage #2 . Happy we're healthy. The larger the sample set the better. QB competition is a good thing, been a while since we've seen such a thing...Overall as fans we should be pleased. My $0.02. Enjoy your weekends.

Go Canes!

Can someone please explain to me how completing less than 60% of your passes against 2nd team defense, based on what our HC said, in a scrimmage is good? I'm not saying MR or ES or NP should start. But MR 3 td's but less than 60% completion is not a sure sign that he wins the job either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please explain to me how completing less than 60% of your passes against 2nd team defense, based on what our HC said, in a scrimmage is good? I'm not saying MR or ES or NP should start. But MR 3 td's but less than 60% completion is not a sure sign that he wins the job either

If Evan was competing against the 1st team D, then I'll take his numbers over Malik's any day of the week.

The HC also said all the scholarship QBs went against the 1st team D at least once. In the post scrimmage presser he also mentioned the heat making it so it wasn't always purely 1s vs 2s and subbing in different guys had to happen.

You also have no context of the incompletions. Were they throwaways while under pressure? Did he throw one out of the back of the endzone in redzone work so he didn't take a sack to preserve FG position?

Just interesting to watch all the flailing around when a Cane performs well and cleans up one of his bigger issues. No INTs for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Before we crown Rosy on stats:

“The bulk of Malik’s yardage and TDs were situational,” Richt said.

Like I said earlier, this doesn't detract from the stats. He got the job done when put in a clutch situation.

Throughout the spring scrimmages, the RBs continually had mediocre to poor numbers and the QB numbers were bad. We know the D will be legit, so I'm very encouraged by Walton and Homer's numbers. Also very encouraged by Rosier and Shirreffs each having what seems like their best scrimmages to date. IMO that's indicative of both position groups stepping up, and also indicative that OL is having some success

Advertisement
You also have no context of the incompletions. Were they throwaways while under pressure? Did he throw one out of the back of the endzone in redzone work so he didn't take a sack to preserve FG position?

Exactly...and don't forget running the wrong routes & drops.

Advertisement

The HC also said all the scholarship QBs went against the 1st team D at least once. In the post scrimmage presser he also mentioned the heat making it so it wasn't always purely 1s vs 2s and subbing in different guys had to happen.

Richt said before the scrimmage that redzone work would be 1s vs 1s. It just so happens Rosier threw a TD in the redzone. You also have no context of the incompletions. Were they throwaways while under pressure? Did he throw one out of the back of the endzone in redzone work so he didn't take a sack to preserve FG position?

Just interesting to watch all the flailing around when a Cane performs well and cleans up one of his bigger issues. No INTs for him.

Yessir! I've been driving the Rosier wagon since the Spring. I think he can get it done, and he is starting to show it.

This offense is tailor made for his skillset, given his wheels. He is not afraid to take shots downfield (we have seen him do it in a live game), he didn't play scared in that road game against Duke 2 years ago, and can be a problem in RPO sets.

This is Rosiers second year in this system, and he's in his 4th year. Can't for the life of me understand why many fans hate Rosier. We can make a run for it all with that dude.

Whichever QB starts - based entirely on these stats today - I won't fear putting in our #2 QB if one is injured or just running cold.

Our backup will be almost equal to our starter.

Advertisement

Richards caught 3 for 91 yards with a TD so he's probably why Malik had more yards. Evan still completed more

Wish people would stop bringing up former players or coaches (kaaya, Golden) that have not a go**** thing to do with this years team and the future

Those stats don't tell me who was more impressive between Rosier and Shirreffs at all.

If Rosier starts, we are going to be missing Kaaya quickly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nothing & I mean nothing will make me miss Kaaya. Not if Rosier throws 6 first half interceptions. I need a QB who can move.

That's just ignorance!

Then so be it. Kaaya is my least favorite cane ever.
Really? C'mon, man. Kid might not have amounted to what we hoped, but he never ed and never melted down. We had some serious panty waist come through here the past 15 years and you pick Kaaya?

Advertisement
Back