Fall Scrimmage #1 Thread

Advertisement
based on what Richt said yesterday after practice, Perry should have worked against the third unit, as he was listed as the third unit QB at this point. Not sure if they threw him in with the 1s and 2s during the scrimmage. I'm not down on Perry's performance at all. He performed as I thought he would being a true Frosh that arrived in the Fall. Still think Rosier starts the season and Perry gets work and eventually takes the torch in the second half of the season...unless Rosier straight balls to start the season.

Richt said each scholarship QB got at least one drive with the 2s and at least one drive with the 1s. Anyone trying to come up with reasons why certain QBs performed better or worse than others just know they all had chances in both scenarios.

Is this the first scrimmage that Sheriffs had decent numbers?

This QB race is going to consume my whole August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Pinckney needs to get healthy asap

Work ethic issues, imo. He's oft injured because he's not working out right nor is he eating right.

Pinckney is a gamer, but his work ethic and off the field discipline needs to match his natural instincts/production. If he does that he can be all world.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Delete your account.

Sorry, but I do now what in the **** I'm talking about

Pinkney has put on about 20-25lbs of horrendous weight. Shaq and McLeod now look like Gods, while Pickney's has a pot belly that sticks out of his jersey right now. Pictures don't lie, man!! He is starting to look like the fat Elvis

People downvoting the **** out of this because they don't want to hear it, but seems to be some truth to it. First we see in pictures the dude looks like he barely worked out all summer, then he gets hurt in fcking walkthroughs without pads? Can't tell me he's fully in shape. Couple other guys have hurt hamstrings since then like JT4, but at least it was during pads and full speed.

Regardless of who was facing who, I think it's pretty clear the upperclassmen separated themselves today.

Which goes back to why I was wondering if Richt would Redshirt Perry if he's not named the starter.

Didn't seem as likely at first, but if he doesn't perform better in the 2nd scrimmage I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen at all.

no one will look good against that first unit............we shall see

Advertisement
Lawd.. Perry done added more stress till the next scrimmage. I don't want to put my entire eggs in one basket but Rosier (Statically) has been the best QB when the lights were on and the 'spring game' people watched they to have said Rosier was the best QB there. Yet all I'm hearing is how it a Sheriff and Perry race.. so confusing. I'm just going to wait for the 2nd scrimmage.

Pinckney needs to get healthy asap

Work ethic issues, imo. He's oft injured because he's not working out right nor is he eating right.

Pinckney is a gamer, but his work ethic and off the field discipline needs to match his natural instincts/production. If he does that he can be all world.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Delete your account.

Sorry, but I do now what in the **** I'm talking about

Pinkney has put on about 20-25lbs of horrendous weight. Shaq and McLeod now look like Gods, while Pickney's has a pot belly that sticks out of his jersey right now. Pictures don't lie, man!! He is starting to look like the fat Elvis

People downvoting the **** out of this because they don't want to hear it, but seems to be some truth to it. First we see in pictures the dude looks like he barely worked out all summer, then he gets hurt in fcking walkthroughs without pads? Can't tell me he's fully in shape. Couple other guys have hurt hamstrings since then like JT4, but at least it was during pads and full speed.

He got hurt during 40 timing.

Were the QB's live?

I know Richt had mentioned it but did he actually go through with it.I see sack numbers but were they touch sacks or to the ground sacks?

Advertisement
Lawd.. Perry done added more stress till the next scrimmage. I don't want to put my entire eggs in one basket but Rosier (Statically) has been the best QB when the lights were on and the 'spring game' people watched they to have said Rosier was the best QB there. Yet all I'm hearing is how it a Sheriff and Perry race.. so confusing. I'm just going to wait for the 2nd scrimmage.
All you're hearing is fans' order of favoritism: Perry, Sherriffs then Rosier.

Advertisement
Idk why people don't like Rosier lol He won a game vs a ranked team 2 years ago. He showed he can play at this level. I'm also pretty sure he's had to improved since then.

Can't get too high and can't get too low it's that simple

When the majority of this board predict a true freshman QB will be a starter, isn't that getting too high?

I wouldn't say so. Most people were basing that on the herrendous performances by the older guys during spring, so it seemed to be close to a foregone conclusion. However it's looking like ES and MR worked a lot during the summer as they've tightened up big time. Stats could be deceiving, but this first scrimmage is an enormous improvement from what we saw from them in the spring.

Advertisement
Back