Official Fall PractiSe #9 Monday Aug 15

Looks like the official roster has been updated, too - not sure the weights are updated but the names/numbers etc seem to be

We lose anyone?

Advertisement
Its actually quite pathetic and disrespectful to the players and their families.

Every other school has pictures up freshman, updated numbers, measurable etc.

We eat crap every year with the online roster. Avantae Williams still doesn't have a picture up and he is entering his 3rd year smh.

Advertisement
Injury history can affect when a guy gets drafted so I feel like colleges try to keep this stuff as quiet as possible.
Medical records are requested as part of the draft process anyway. Kid has to grant it, but if he doesn't, teams will just move on past him...Kids loss not the multi billion dollar NFL team.

Advertisement
It's like changing the mechanics of your swing on the golf course. You're more likely to lose your game than improve. That's what the driving range is for. It should have been done over the summer. And it's not like there weren't indications from the spring camp it wouldn't be an issue.

That's what Hankerson did. Over the summer, he worked with Mark Duper (until the NCAA came in and outlawed it because he wasn't an "official coach").
Interesting that you brought that up about golf and the driving range. For years I would go to the driving range and hit 100 balls and then play golf the next day and play terrible. Over and over this happened. Then when I wouldn’t go to the range and go play golf I would shoot in the high 80s low 90s. Weird

The one bad nugget one week into camp, literally the only thing negative anyone has said, is WRs are having some issues with drops.

CIS:

Benedict Cumberbatch Reaction GIF

Advertisement
What it comes down to is who can make plays in the moment, when the lights are on and the game on the line. Not as worried about throws the media is seeing at the start of practice.

The ****** part with drops is that it’s as much or more mental than it is physical. Once they start dropping them, they need to have the mental toughness to not linger on it and move to the next one

Advertisement
-Brinson had 7 catches
-George had 7 catches
-Smith had 14 catches mostly screens
None of them played enough to show what they can or can't do. The reports of receivers struggling with catching didn't start with fall camp last week. No matter how you try to spin it. We weren't scouring through the portal for a WR for ***** and giggles.
We weren't scouring the portal due to drops, we were trying to find proven production, and I'm sure size for the position, and just more WR talent in general.

Maybe drops are a huge issue this season, but I havent seen any of our current WR's with PT struggle with it in games. When and if that happens, we can worry about it then.

I'm more concerned with not having a true dominate #1 WR, not overall potential drops from the group.

Remind me (outside of Ladson) were their any portal WR's that we really should have pursued?
I think these three would have improved the WR room, and I believe their names were briefly mentioned back in the transfer portal thread:

Jacob Cowing (UTSA to Arizona)
Antwane Wells (JMU to SCar)
Jaylon Robinson (UCF to Auburn)

Some obvious names like Mario Williams, Jordan Addison, etc. can fit here too, but didn’t think we had a real shot with those guys.

Advertisement
Back