Official Fall PractiSe #14: Scrimmage 2

Advertisement
I feel with better coaching, more coaches, organization and discipline we'll be a far better team. I will be looking for improved play on the interior Lines and LB. Not a great deal of concern for WR, I feel we have solid talent and speed. Since everything is new, I'll wait to make a diagnosis until I see the patient. With recent injuries I am concerned about RB depth, not remaining talent.

I just hope we are competitive when we play in College Station. I’m worried we are gonna get bullied there and our WR won’t create the separation to allow TVD to work. If Steele turn around our LB situation then crown the man but I don’t think people realize just how bad we were there. I’m seeing talk that Flagg turned the corner, a Zach Thomas comparison? Okay… Lastly, I see major issues at DT. Thank god we got D Jackson or we would be fvcked there but I don’t see the depth there.

Advertisement
I just hope we are competitive when we play in College Station. I’m worried we are gonna get bullied there and our WR won’t create the separation to allow TVD to work. If Steele turn around our LB situation then crown the man but I don’t think people realize just how bad we were there. I’m seeing talk that Flagg turned the corner, a Zach Thomas comparison? Okay… Lastly, I see major issues at DT. Thank god we got D Jackson or we would be fvcked there but I don’t see the depth there.
DL is the strongest unit on the team. With multiple guys who can play inside or out. Defense as a whole is the least of our worries. It’ll be a good group.

Y'all fail to realize how poorly we were schemed and coached on the defensive side of the ball. Our scheme was reckless and put our linebackers at a huge disadvantage. Our tackles are going to be a strength. We may have an AA but we have numbers.

My concern is when we get punched in the mouth at College Station will we fold or punch back? That's the cultural shift I am most interested in. Winning in big games is learned.

Y'all fail to realize how poorly we were schemed and coached on the defensive side of the ball. Our scheme was reckless and put our linebackers at a huge disadvantage. Our tackles are going to be a strength. We may have an AA but we have numbers.

My concern is when we get punched in the mouth at College Station will we fold or punch back? That's the cultural shift I am most interested in. Winning in big games is learned.
This part is very true and it’s the part that makes me wonder just how good can we be? Our coaching has been laughable for too long, so I expect improvement I’m just not sure how much in the first year. In terms of DT, I don’t see it as a strength right now. JHH and LT are potential and just that. D Jackson is that dude by all accounts but still young. After that we have some bodies and that’s it. I like what we have at DE right now though.

Advertisement

Taylor
Hunte
Jackson
Miller
Moten
Haye

Then there’s the hybrid guys who can play have enough size for 3 tech.

Messidor
Moultrie
Roberts
Lictenstein

Last edited:
dwayne-wade-i-love-it.gif

This part is very true and it’s the part that makes me wonder just how good can we be? Our coaching has been laughable for too long, so I expect improvement I’m just not sure how much in the first year. In terms of DT, I don’t see it as a strength right now. JHH and LT are potential and just that. D Jackson is that dude by all accounts but still young. After that we have some bodies and that’s it. I like what we have at DE right now though.
But you are dismissing Lichenstein who was very productive last year at USC. Messidor is going play some on the inside. Same as Roberts.

Safety is right there. Tbh I don’t see many issues on d except maybe depth at Lb. If the young guys like WB and Chase are what we think I believe that group is more than solid. I’d prefer more big bodies on the interior DL but the defense as a whole is night and day better than last year. I’m trying to find the time to do a comparative breakdown of the depth charts 22 vs 21.

Advertisement
But you are dismissing Lichenstein who was very productive last year at USC. Messidor is going play some on the inside. Same as Roberts.
I don’t think the German has the strength to be productive inside. I thought all his work was on the outside at SC? Mesidor needs to stay outside, he will be a difference maker there. The tape shows he also got pushed around inside at WV although he was solid there. Let’s see what happens. Also, I should have further clarified when I mentioned College Station in my first post, all my comparisons and thoughts are related to how we look against teams like 8-4 and Clemson. There is no doubt in my mind that we have the talent to beat and perform well against anyone in the ACC Coastal.

Advertisement
I don’t think the German has the strength to be productive inside. I thought all his work was on the outside at SC? Mesidor needs to stay outside, he will be a difference maker there. The tape shows he also got pushed around inside at WV although he was solid there. Let’s see what happens. Also, I should have further clarified when I mentioned College Station in my first post, all my comparisons and thoughts are related to how we look against teams like 8-4 and Clemson. There is no doubt in my mind that we have the talent to beat and perform well against anyone in the ACC Coastal.
Mesidor is 20 +pounds bigger than last year. He’ll play inside on a lot of passing downs. Which will allow Harvey , Agude , Kelly , Chantz , ER and others to rush the passer. JL will be used the same as Messidor and had played that role well at SC. We have a roster of hybrid guys to play inside and out which is perfect for defending todays offenses. Elijah is another one that fits that hybrid role. The DL will be used in waves and we have the depth to play a lot of guys by situations.

soft tfd101 GIF by Tacoma FD

The most refreshing change I have seen in Mario vs Manny is that after a scrimmage Manny would say “we are coming along things look good.”Mario is saying “things are a bit better but we have a long way to go.” Manny sugarcoated everything Mario refuses to sugarcoat anything👍❤️🙌
Well yeah, one guy is a clown that should have never been an HC of a P5 school like Miami and the other guy has won a P5 conference twice. That all being said, it’s all coach speak anyway you cut it. Al Golden came out the gate spittin only for us to find out it was all a bunch of BS. In no way shape or form saying what Mario is saying is BS just that it’s all coach speak.

Advertisement
Back