Official Fall PractiSe # 13: Friday August 19

If Citizen & Chaney are both out an extended period it will become crucial how Gattis adjusts if at all. Will we pass more ? Does he trust the smaller duo of Parrish/Rooster to handle more carries ? Does the reduced depth limit Roosters opportunities catching passes ? A lot of questions now.
You don’t like Thad running the ball either? I definitely wanted to see Chaney and Citizen, but I’m okay with Thad as well. Really okay with him.

Advertisement

Clark is locked in. I was concerned about his low ceiling, especially in the run game. But he's obviously killing it from a leadership perspective.

So that makes 4. Nelson, Rivers, Scaife and Clark. ... Need Campbell, Oluwasaeun, Traore and Sagapolu to step in and provide a legit 8-man+ rotation. Could be a quality OL.

We rolled? Did you miss the 7-5 season? How do you guys generate thoughts?

I get what you and Mack are saying. But if you tackle in practice, what do you think happens? Either we have the Manny wefense, or we instill toughness across the team, and accept guys are going to be banged up and some may/will miss substantial game time or even the season. This won't be the last guy to go down on a Mario-run team. People are going to get injured.

You don’t like Thad running the ball either? I definitely wanted to see Chaney and Citizen, but I’m okay with Thad as well. Really okay with him.

Thad is going to steamroll dudes. This may be his Malik Rozier moment where he realizes it's on him now, and he wakes the F up and leads the team to victory. Very frustrated for Don, who deserves more. But equally excited for Thaddeus.

Advertisement
If Citizen & Chaney are both out an extended period it will become crucial how Gattis adjusts if at all. Will we pass more ? Does he trust the smaller duo of Parrish/Rooster to handle more carries ? Does the reduced depth limit Roosters opportunities catching passes ? A lot of questions now.
Adjust to the old Pats offense. Use the screen game as an extension of the run game.

If I never exposed myself as not being a football guy, which I 100% have in the past, this comment establishes it!

I like what Thad brings, just not sure his athletic upside is on the same level as Chaney/Citizen but we'll see. This is a golden opportunity for Thad.

I get what you and Mack are saying. But if you tackle in practice, what do you think happens? Either we have the Manny wefense, or we instill toughness across the team, and accept guys are going to be banged up and some may/will miss substantial game time or even the season. This won't be the last guy to go down on a Mario-run team. People are going to get injured.
Injuries are a part of football. Anyone that's played or been around people that played at a high level accept this. Literally nothing can been done to avoid them. The only way forward is to attempt to mitigate them. The question of being to physical is just asinine. I'm sure they have very few instances of full contact where players are being taken to the ground.

Advertisement
Injuries are a part of football. Anyone that's played or been around people that played at a high level accept this. Literally nothing can been done to avoid them. The only way forward is to attempt to mitigate them. The question of being to physical is just asinine. I'm sure they have very few instances of full contact where players are being taken to the ground.

100%. That's why you have a deep roster. Because in a super physical team like Mario is building, "next man up" is a when not an if. I'm okay with that. Seems like lots of CIS guys are flipping out when they should know this was inevitable.

The defense had something to do with that no? We gave up 30 a game I think lol
When you can't run the football you put more stress on the defense. A solid running attack shortens the game and keeps the defense off the field. How many 3 and outs did we have last year?

Advertisement
Cancel that **** scrimmage. Or don't use RB's lol

Don’t you think we should just cancel all the scrimmages, as well as all the practices before the first game.

That way will be sure that nobody gets even the slightest injury.

And I’m sure that’s really safe - playing full speed football after no scrimmages or full contact practices, even against Bethune Cookman.

Advertisement
When you can't run the football you put more stress on the defense. A solid running attack shortens the game and keeps the defense off the field. How many 3 and outs did we have last year?
Agree overall but a **** defense still has to get on field, you cant hide them forever, they have to perform and get off field.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't you consider Parrish and Knighton as the top 2 backs going into Scrimmage 1?
I did, and they were.

More than anything, I'm bummed for Chaney. He needs to get completely healthy and give us a boost in the second half of the year. This is a huge opportunity for Thad. He can help us. Hopefully, he has developed a taste for Kale and Spinach.

Advertisement
Back