Official Fall PractiSe # 13: Friday August 19

There’s no way you can let Rooster and Parrish get hit in these scrimmages from here on out. You lose one of them and we are f***** . Part of being an elite coach is being a smart coach. I get trying to instill your culture but there’s smart ways to do it
Fwiw Don got hurt during a non contact drill. The defensive player hit him by accident. **** happens

Advertisement
Parrish ran in the SEC, and had 5.2 yards per carry. I think he will be more than fine in the ACC. Elite traits like Size and speed are important, but some RBs just have vision and a competitive fire that sets them apart. Staying healthy is also a skill sometimes. Parrish might be that guy. If Parrish can average 5 yards a carry for the Canes this season, Gattis and TVD will be thrilled.

Rooster needs to improve on that 3.9 yards per carry , and I think he should if he wants to carry the load. Competition from Parrish will push him

Franklin had limited carries last season, but he still managed a healthy 7.2 yards per carry. Nothing to sneeze at.

But these RBs can’t make the back-breaking mistakes that they made last year. Not just the mistakes in ball security, but dropped passes and (More
importantly), failure to pick up the blitzing LB. Cheney will be back by the second or third game, so he will add some depth later in the season.

I think we are good at RB. I am actually suprised that there are not more injuries. Last season, the Canes had a lot more injuries in camp, but the Canes now are relatively healthy at most positions.

Coach Cristobol is getting them ready to surprise some people this season.

Fwiw Don got hurt during a non contact drill. The defensive player hit him by accident. **** happens
How does that happen?! We got some clumsy ********, I still remember Bubba Bolden getting a pick against FSU and while celebrating Gurvan Hall broke his ankle.. LIKE WTF?!

We cant have nice things.. This dude cant make an open field tackle but can break teammates bones.. FML

Clark is locked in. I was concerned about his low ceiling, especially in the run game. But he's obviously killing it from a leadership perspective.

So that makes 4. Nelson, Rivers, Scaife and Clark. ... Need Campbell, Oluwasaeun, Traore and Sagapolu to step in and provide a legit 8-man+ rotation. Could be a quality OL.
Listening to Stevo on the Cainsinsight Live cast he said that Jakai played injured last year. He is healthy and much stronger this year.

Advertisement
Parrish ran in the SEC, and had 5.2 yards per carry. I think he will be more than fine in the ACC. Elite traits like Size and speed are important, but some RBs just have vision and a competitive fire that sets them apart. Staying healthy is also a skill sometimes. Parrish might be that guy. If Parrish can average 5 yards a carry for the Canes this season, Gattis and TVD will be thrilled.

Rooster needs to improve on that 3.9 yards per carry , and I think he should if he wants to carry the load. Competition from Parrish will push him

Franklin had limited carries last season, but he still managed a healthy 7.2 yards per carry. Nothing to sneeze at.

But these RBs can’t make the back-breaking mistakes that they made last year. Not just the mistakes in ball security, but dropped passes and (More
importantly), failure to pick up the blitzing LB. Cheney will be back by the second or third game, so he will add some depth later in the season.

I think we are good at RB. I am actually suprised that there are not more injuries. Last season, the Canes had a lot more injuries in camp, but the Canes now are relatively healthy at most positions.

Coach Cristobol is getting them ready to surprise some people this season.
If Parrish avg 5yds a carry, our Canes are winning the 'fəking Super Bowl.

Its just a stereotype joke I heard a lot when I was growing up as the only Caucasian in my friend group back in the 80’s - 90’s. Momma Cribby changed many an opinion on white folks seasoning / cooking.

Where did you live?

Miami has to be able to run the ball juuuuust well enough not to be completely one-dimensional, and get enough single-high looks for TVD on early downs

Thats it

last year they were 97th in the country in rushing yards per game at around 127 yards. They need to be much closer to 200, like most of the other good teams in the land

Agree. Opening the offense up and being a true pass first team is what saved the season from getting ugly. We looked more like a Sonny Dykes offense versus a Gus Malzahn offense under king. The Rpo and using backs in the passing game is what changed things.
Lashlee had to run that nick Marshall bullsheeeit for king as opposed to what he did at SMU.

Advertisement
The post I responded to was a meme that said "Stop getting RBs hurt, throw the **** ball." That's a formula for a mediocre team, like we were last year. There are very few good teams that can't run.

I agree with @Liberty City El that we don't have Big 10 personnel and shouldn't emulate those teams. Miami is Miami when we're making explosive plays in the passing game. If the vertical passing game doesn't improve, it's going to be a bad year for Miami.

But if we're talking personnel, it should also be noted that our two most proven skill players are RBs and that our most talented skill position unit might be TE. Wide receiver is not currently a strength and our OL, while below CFP standard, has some future pros and a ton of experience.

Getting better in the run game is a key to us improving our W/L. That's certainly how Cristobal is approaching it. We shouldn't reverse course just because our 3rd and 4th tailbacks got hurt.
For the record, it was just a meme/joke. Bored.
We could improve this season & still be mediocre
:6fps6:

Media Reaction GIF by Leroy Patterson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back