Official Fall PractiSe #12: Thursday August 18

Advertisement
They would need to improve a lot from last year and I'm not trying to be negative. Xavier restrepo was our WR3/4 last year. He's a 5'10 180LBs WR with high 4.5 speed. He's a quality Slot WR on a good team, those guys are usually WR3s. Restrepo has been our best looking WR so far according to a lot of people who watch practice. So I'm just stating that's a bit concerning.
F- ing Troll......

Advertisement
Scouts notice a lot of players. Braxton Berrios never had more then 700 yards a year here and was draftable WR. That's what I think Restrepo is, He is right now what Berrios was as a senior. A Good Slot WR on a Good team. Someone who can give you 700-800 yards a year and is a late day 3 draft pick. Do I think he's a WR1 for a Top 10 team like a Jordan Addison, Chris Olave, Jameson Williams,.Josh Downs, Drake London, Treylon Burks, Georgia Pickens? No I do not but I hope I'm wrong
Guess what a WR1 is? The one who gets the most attention, targets and is the key guy in an offense.

Guess what Restrepo will be? Jesus ******* Christ...

Guess what a WR1 is? The one who gets the most attention, targets and is the key guy in an offense.

Guess what Restrepo will be? Jesus ******* Christ...
He may very well catch more balls and have more yards than Berrios because he has TVD. He does not have the elite speed Berrios has. Restrepo has become a very nice player and will be a weapon in this offense.

Possible acl injured citizen is still the best back
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Advertisement
Julian Edelman in his prime was a 1000+ yard a year WR for about 6 years straight on one of the best offenses in football. He was a legit WR1 on a Top 5 team. So do you think Restrepo can be a WR1 on one of the better offenses in college football?
Why are you assuming Restrepo cant do that? Similar height, weight, speed, and work ethic. Edelman wasnt even a WR, he was a college QB, until he got to the pros. Restrepos future remains to be seen and theres no basis to claim the limits you have.

Advertisement
He may very well catch more balls and have more yards than Berrios because he has TVD. He does not have the elite speed Berrios has. Restrepo has become a very nice player and will be a weapon in this offense.
Right. Mack is a **** stirring tool, but Bender is falling into his trap here.

There are at least two separate arguments going on here.

Restrepo vs Berrios and Restrepo’s value in general, and then:

Miami doesn’t have an Olave type #1, high first round, elite WR. AND the room in general is a question mark.

Restrepo can do everything you need from a WR1 except fly past defenders on go routes.... He'll catch the most balls and the most TDs but will have a hard time pulling multiple defenders deep in coverage with him. He'll also have plenty of 20yd+ gains because of slant/drag routes and broken tackles.

We need a legit deep threat who can take the top off and forces the D to add safety help to a CB to cover them. They don't have to be a "WR1" necessarily but somebody like Wiggins against FSU but consistent and reliable on a weekly basis that the DC and Defense of opposing teams know that on any given play that WR and TVD could go deep and burn you. Could be any of Brinson, George, Smiths, or even Isaiah Horton... Just need one of them to be a consistent deep threat to draw safety attention consistently...

Advertisement
They would need to improve a lot from last year and I'm not trying to be negative. Xavier restrepo was our WR3/4 last year. He's a 5'10 180LBs WR with high 4.5 speed. He's a quality Slot WR on a good team, those guys are usually WR3s. Restrepo has been our best looking WR so far according to a lot of people who watch practice. So I'm just stating that's a bit concerning.
Only thing wrong with this post is that it's coming from an outsider. No lies were told weight may be off but that is irrelevant.

No I'm not asking can be WR1 on this team. I'm asking can he be a WR1 for a legit Top 10 caliber team.
Did you believe Michigan was a top 10 team last year? Restrepo caught 24 passes as WR4 last year. Michigan’s leading receiver caught 40 passes last year. Their WR2 caught 25

Advertisement
Back