Fall Practice Summary- Day 9

View as article
Facts, its why I wanted Hurts over him. The reason Hurts left wasnt because he wasnt good its because hes behind the projected number 1 pick. OSU didnt care sort of like Fields where UGA was ok with it, same with USC with Bolden. I dont like transfers so much its a low percentage of getting monsters and shouldnt be dependent upon unless u cant recruit and **** the bed closing which isnt a good thing.

Right, I was okay with the transfer portal stuff this year because the mess of a recruiting class Richt left when he retired.

BUT if we think we're going to go somewhere on the backs of a bunch of transfers Kansas State and WVU would like to have a word with us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't care if the QB in question is Tate Martell or if it is Gino Torretta, I have been nervous about those short sideline passes ever since the days of Drunken Dennis Erickson. If we want to attack the flats, it is much safer to send a RB into the flat out of the backfield. I'm tired of our bubble screens, where the QB completes a -1 yard pass by having to throw the ball 20 yards horizontally.

Let's attack the middle of the field more in our passing game. We have some great TEs and some quick slot guys in Thomas and Harley.
I hope Enos lost the page that had that bubble screen on it...threw it 15 times a game and maybe once did it ever gain more than a couple yds...

Look, I don't want him gift wrapped and just handed the startling job like some people here but he's a Cane so let's not trash the kid either.
I agree PredaCane, Tate is doing the best job he can, if it is good enough and he starts, great. If not, he is for sure giving his all for The U trying to win the job. That's all we can ask for from all the QB's. I don't see any of them separating themselves, in our eyes at least, prior to UF. Coaches have to pick one though. I think JW is coming on and he was the last guy I thought would take the first snap on 8/24. We will soon know.

This QB argument is going to go on all season no matter what the depth chart looks like after this weekend.

Tell me something about the OL and DTs please!
Watch the interviews with Barry and Stroud. Stroud is the man in interviews. He has been the best, most informative interview I have seen in a long time from our coaches. Hope all Stroud is saying is true!

I don't care who they pick but it needs to be soon so the offense can get used to one cadence and time up with the starting QB. I doubt the offensive line can sync up with 3 different QB's timing and for the WR's to get used to the pass types from the QB since all three have different deliveries.
Fraggle, they have been doing this since Spring Camp. They know all 3 QB's well. Does not make a difference who they put in there, the guys will adjust very quickly, like within a series.

Advertisement
Right, because there is no way Ohio State let's him leave that easily if he did.

Until Martell proves me wrong I'm going to continue to say it. Ohio State going after fields and letting Martell walk uncontested isn't a good sign ESPECIALLY when it was his very own QB coach who was promoted to HC making no zero effort to keep him.

Not contesting your assessment of Tate because I dont know......but Ohio State could not do anything about him leaving at all. Even if let's pretend they really wanted him to stay they couldn't do a single thing about it.
It the new reality with the portal and the new rules.

Advertisement
My bad. 3 inches shorter than Rosier

C2374897-2A88-4EAF-A0B4-655884DFA51A.jpeg

Live look at Tate height 🤫

He fit urban's offense but day is going away from that. Day is going to be using more pro style concepts and looking to attack outside the hashes more.

So is that even more concerning for us given that Day is implementing a pro-style offense that will be more similar to our new offense than a spread offense is? And Tate isn’t a fit in the former, assuming this story is true re: OSU’s thoughts on Tate?

So is that even more concerning for us given that Day is implementing a pro-style offense that will be more similar to our new offense than a spread offense is? And Tate isn’t a fit in the former, assuming this story is true re: OSU’s thoughts on Tate?
I’m sure our offense will have plenty of pro principles but there will be multiple formations. In fact, enos said we are running a “spread coast” offense which is a blend of a number of different styles. Tate’s “lack of arm talent “ is overstated and not necessarily true imo. He has a good arm that’s good enough to be a starting qb just not an elite arm. Justin fields who was thought to have elite arm talent has even struggled at osu so far and looked terrible in the spring game with inaccurate passes so it happens. Even with struggles Ryan day is not having buyers remorse with him

Advertisement
Back