Fall Practice Summary- Day 9

View as article
I think Jarren Williams will struggle against Florida week 1. He never started a game. He’ll throw two picks against them. I know the other two at least played games and #5 started in the rivalry game last yr (FSU).

tate barely played. i think all 3 are going to struggle if were being honest. theyre breaking in a new offense with a new HC, OC against a tough opponent right away. the offense should get better as the season goes on unless the OL is just abysmal.

Advertisement
tate barely played. i think all 3 are going to struggle if were being honest. theyre breaking in a new offense with a new HC, OC against a tough opponent right away. the offense should get better as the season goes on unless the OL is just abysmal.
What does a new hc have to do with anything as it pertains to Diaz? His side of the ball has been the heart and soul of the team since he’s been here and KNOWS the team. It’s not your typical new head coach situation. And you right a NEW oc, not richt. Don’t forget how terrible he was last year and act like we can’t immediately improve. We were THAT bad on offense that it can’t possibly get any worse GAME 1. Miami had difficulty completing a foward past the last 2 games... don’t forget that, we are talking about all time lows offensively. It won’t be anywhere near that even with starting vs the gators

Yeah it's around $125 ish but still $50 on jarren nets you over $200 not terrible IMO. I'm not saying I'm going to root against Perry or Tate because they're both Canes and we should never root against the people who represent the school we love but there is value in Jarren since his odds don't match the on-field reports.

I appreciate the response but it was a rhetorical question. I was trying to imply to him that the limits are so low for those bets that the odds are not a great indicator on who is going to be named the starting QB.

I think Jarren Williams will struggle against Florida week 1. He never started a game. He’ll throw two picks against them. I know the other two at least played games and #5 started in the rivalry game last yr (FSU).

Experience in this context is overrated. I was advocating a lot for Perry to get playing time over Rosier last season. Having said that, I haven't seen a QB so cringeworthy in terms of turning over the ball than Perry since Whipple had Jacory Harris floating bombs into double/triple coverage almost a decade ago.

What does a new hc have to do with anything as it pertains to Diaz? His side of the ball has been the heart and soul of the team since he’s been here and KNOWS the team. It’s not your typical new head coach situation. And you right a NEW oc, not richt. Don’t forget how terrible he was last year and act like we can’t immediately improve. We were THAT bad on offense that it can’t possibly get any worse GAME 1. Miami had difficulty completing a foward past the last 2 games... don’t forget that, we are talking about all time lows offensively. It won’t be anywhere near that even with starting vs the gators

ok agree to disagree on your points, but youve also made posts attempting to turn UF into bethune and make this a game a walk in the park. idk if were gonna win this first game tbh. from what we've heard, its going to come down to the D (but again thats going off of 35 min of practice reports). can we win? yes bc UF isnt top 10 good and are going to get smoked by UGA. will we win? the D will save us imo.

Advertisement
You mean you won't miss Clappy and a half hour to get the play off? 😨

ok agree to disagree on your points, but youve also made posts attempting to turn UF into bethune and make this a game a walk in the park. idk if were gonna win this first game tbh. from what we've heard, its going to come down to the D (but again thats going off of 35 min of practice reports). can we win? yes bc UF isnt top 10 good and are going to get smoked by UGA. will we win? the D will save us imo.
Naw they are a pretty solid team, they aren’t more talented than Miami though. Not saying it’s a guarantee we win but I cant Wait to see our defense play with an offense that has a competent Oc with plenty of talent offensively

I just don’t understand all the hate for Tate. First he’s a Cane and he’s never given any of you a reason to dislike him. Sounds like to many of you are following Gator or FSU twitter fans.

If he plays and sucks than more power to you complaining but not one of these guys have done 💩 so not sure by all this Tate hate. Everybody living and dying by these practice reports and spring game. And with the spring game almost everyone said Tate looks so much better than he did when he arrived.

Me personally, if tate wins the job he wins it, but that wont get my respect, he would have to play at a high level, help to beat Fsu, and this year first and foremost the gaytors. What i dont get is all this luv for a transfere running from competition. I didnt want crock berlin coming here and still wish he didnt come in. That gaytor game, yeah we came back, but ****, it was his trash *** play why we were that far down in the 1st place. If you know anything about the 1st scrimmage, that **** trying to be selfish and politic with the qb position, both perry and jw15 got picked off by #26, who made plays, transfer tate saw that so now during the scrimmage he thinking, ill be the only one with no turnover, so im only going to throw the bullshat safe passes and not run the entire offense, and walk outta here with no picks, that's not Hurricane football. One things for certain, these coaches not stupid, they saw that.

Which is why coach diaz said yeah "the qb's collectively completed 71% of their passes, but the guys werent going anywhere after they caught it". Coach diaz and coach enos dont want no conservative **** running the offense, i can tell you that, they want a qb that's going to force a defense to have to cover the whole field!

Advertisement
Me personally, if tate wins the job he wins it, but that wont get my respect, he would have to play at a high level, help to beat Fsu, and this year first and foremost the gaytors. What i dont get is all this luv for a transfere running from competition. I didnt want crock berlin coming here and still wish he didnt come in. That gaytor game, yeah we came back, but ****, it was his trash *** play why we were that far down in the 1st place. If you know anything about the 1st scrimmage, that **** trying to be selfish and politic with the qb position, both perry and jw15 got picked off by #26, who made plays, transfer tate saw that so now during the scrimmage he thinking, ill be the only one with no turnover, so im only going to throw the bullshat safe passes and not run the entire offense, and walk outta here with no picks, that's not Hurricane football. One things for certain, these coaches not stupid, they saw that.

Which is why coach diaz said yeah "the qb's collectively completed 71% of their passes, but the guys werent going anywhere after they caught it". Coach diaz and coach enos dont want no conservative **** running the offense, i can tell you that, they want a qb that's going to force a defense to have to cover the whole field!
LOL at you thinking Tate (or any of them) were calling the plays and not Enos.

Agreed whoever the QB is needs to keep this team at a high level, and I also don’t want to the safe pick I want the player who is going to be real good.

I don’t love Tate because of him being a transfer I just think the ones that do have been witnessing Kosi and Jarren messing up off the field. I agree with everyone that says It’s not fair to judge Kosi on last year because of Richt. But both these guys have been lazy and just stupid off the field. Kosi more so on the dumb side and Jarren on the lazy side.

The best looking QB physically and tools wise is obviously Jarren, but I don’t think he was it mentally and it’s not even close.

all based on his HS reputation and the fact he was at OSU. The assumption EVERYWHERE was Tate was walking into a starting role. And with good reason. Our offense and QB play, Perry's very public off field antics coupled with his horrible on field play, would lead even the most uneducated football fan to assume Martell had the job the minute he stepped foot on campus.
Yeah but this isn’t an uneducated football fan. This is Vegas.

Advertisement

This post is absolutely hilarious. Hating on a dude bc he didn’t throw any picks and the QBs u want to win did.

i absolutely agree w this and think ive said it before. i do believe that the winner of this battle is just a stopgap till Enos gets his guy in here.
Been hearing that “we need to wait till he gets his guy” crap for 20 years. A good coach can take one of these three 4 star QBs and all the weapons around him and put together a very good offense playing primarily against the **** we play against in this awful division.

Good coaches get the job done; bad ones need excuses made for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back