Fall practice #4

Advertisement
1564427317801.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How is the QB “throwing hot” on a called run play?
That's good question Chise. Sometimes when a QB goes to the LOS and he sees the DB playing the No'D technique of coverage (you know 8 yards off the ball), the QB and WR can make eye contact, have a code word, or whatever is needed to make sure they're on the same page and toss it out to him regardless of the play called. We used to call it "uncovered" in college. Meaning if there isn't anyone 8 yards around the guy. Take the snap and toss it right now to the WR.

Good Savvy QBs will do this. Also judging by the end of the clip there didn't appear to be anyone in the middle of the field to the side JT was positioned. The first person to come into view besides the guy way off the ball guarding JT was a defender from the other side of the formation. I think this was just a site adjustment by Tate and JT4.

If it was an "uncovered" situation or a sight adjustment then the take away from this it's that our QBs are realizing a major threat is just about uncovered and he got him the ball ASAP. Shows the QBs are diagnosing what they're seeing from a pre snap point of view. Its a good thing too. Take the easy yards.

Krazy might be the least knowledgeable guy here. Kosi and Jarren when Martell is probably gonna start. Bethel and patchan won’t be starters. Lol.

Advertisement
Unfortunately bro everybody covering the Canes are spinning like a .38 special trying to push their own agendas with whichever QB they want to win the competition.

You can read from 4 different writers covering Fall camp & it'll be like, "Tate has struggled & he's the best, Jarren throws the best ball & been the most consistent but struggles with consistency, Perry has struggled & been the worst of the 3 & was the best today.."

Lol sh*t is mad annoying. That's why I'm just waiting until the scrimmages to see whoever Enos picks. The coaches are the only ones who are being objective, the writers/reporters are all clearly biased.
These nerds are trying to ruin the best time of the year. I ain’t letting them. I’m just doing it like you. We have a QB Coach/OC that I trust. I’m gonna ride with whoever he picks because he has infinitely more data and skill in this area than the nerds watching warmups. He might make the wrong decision because it’s not math, but he’ll switch out if he does.

When it comes to QB you can make the best possible guess from practice, but you never know what you’ve got till the band is playing.

That's good question Chise. Sometimes when a QB goes to the LOS and he sees the DB playing the No'D technique of coverage (you know 8 yards off the ball), the QB and WR can make eye contact, have a code word, or whatever is needed to make sure they're on the same page and toss it out to him regardless of the play called. We used to call it "uncovered" in college. Meaning if there isn't anyone 8 yards around the guy. Take the snap and toss it right now to the WR.

Good Savvy QBs will do this. Also judging by the end of the clip there didn't appear to be anyone in the middle of the field to the side JT was positioned. The first person to come into view besides the guy way off the ball guarding JT was a defender from the other side of the formation. I think this was just a site adjustment by Tate and JT4.

If it was an "uncovered" situation or a sight adjustment then the take away from this it's that our QBs are realizing a major threat is just about uncovered and he got him the ball ASAP. Shows the QBs are diagnosing what they're seeing from a pre snap point of view. Its a good thing too. Take the easy yards.
You realize that pre-snap read you are talking about is literally a variant of the RPO. It's exactly what I was explaining Favre and the Packers were doing back in the day.

Another tibit to add, I went to Saturday’s closed practice and watched the oline drills in the IPF Scaife and Donaldson look legit and Zion Nelson looks physical and athletic. Hate to say this but Tommy Kennedy physically looks built like the pillsbury Doughboy and lacked any pop when hitting the sled.... hope the kid gets himself a nice masters degree from the U because he ain’t playing any meaningful snaps here
1564429539303.jpeg

Advertisement
Back