Fall practice #4

Advertisement
You and i are in agreement. Busted play or tate saw an uncovered JT4 and just chucked it out there after a sight adjustment is what i would guess

Here would be an example (Except we were running outside zone) where you lock the backside tackle on the end and read the will/Apex defender to throw the slant. The qb essentially holds him in place so he can't run down the outside zone.

Advertisement
I know what a read option is and what an RPO is, do you? read option about 98 percent of the time has your QB running the ball if he chooses not to hand off. Now people like Malzahn and a few others have made a creative "Triple option" out of the read option by having the QB throw the ball after tucking it to run. Think back to the Iron bowl year when Auburn had the jeremey (i think that was his name) kid playing QB.

An RPO is a post snap read to give the ball or throw the ball. Not a check at the LOS to a run or pass play. I mean the godfather of the RPO is Art Briles right....ever seen an RPO run from under center? In fact i've never seen an RPO or Read option run from under center. I've seen a veer and midline run from under center.

Watch Sean McVay. Watch Dan Enos. Watch Alabama last year. Watch Andy Reid. It’s all evolved to being run under center as well. Sure they burst onto the scene out of shot gun but it’s come along under Center too... mostly in NFL

It’s just finding the numbers advantage. You can run it under center or shot gun.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch Sean McVay. Watch Dan Enos. Watch Alabama last year. Watch Andy Reid. It’s all evolved to being run under center as well. Sure they burst onto the scene out of shot gun but it’s come along under Center too... mostly in NFL

It’s just finding the numbers advantage. You can run it under center or shot gun.
You can’t run an RPO from under center because the qb is making a post snap read of the defensive end and if he’s turned around in his drop back he can’t read anything.

New generation lol...My mans just got out of practice and 1st thing he does is send out a tweet to hype himself and get some likes.

If this was Harley, Pope or Dallas or any other player that was doing this last year, I would have the same tone of concern but this man Hill came to work, 1 year left of eligibility to make the pros. If he’s consistently dominating, than he can post whatever/whenever.

M

Here's what i am saying....having two different plays coming off the same set and action isn't the same as an RPO. An RPO reads a defender like a read option. All of this is post snap.

That's not the same as QB choosing which option they like best at the LOS pre snap. Finding numbers or an advantage is nothing ground breaking. Peyton used to do it all the time, but my point is that's not an RPO, it's just an option to stick with a play called or go to the secondary play based on PRE SNAP.

Advertisement
I know what a read option is and what an RPO is, do you? read option about 98 percent of the time has your QB running the ball if he chooses not to hand off. Now people like Malzahn and a few others have made a creative "Triple option" out of the read option by having the QB throw the ball after tucking it to run. Think back to the Iron bowl year when Auburn had the jeremey (i think that was his name) kid playing QB.

An RPO is a post snap read to give the ball or throw the ball. Not a check at the LOS to a run or pass play. I mean the godfather of the RPO is Art Briles right....ever seen an RPO run from under center? In fact i've never seen an RPO or Read option run from under center. I've seen a veer and midline run from under center.

Couple things here.

1. Rpo's can be run under center. They in fact are run a lot more in this capacity than you realize.

2. Rpo's are just post snap. That's not even remotely true.

3. On the play you happened to challenge whether or not is simply a "hot". The offensive line is clearly run blocking. That's the "run" aspect of it. Enos gave permission to Tate to hot that throw based on a pre snap look. That's the "option" to "pass" on that particular play.

So spin whatever you like. That rpo's are just from the gun. FALSE. That rpo's are post snap only. FALSE.

Take my word for it. Now go look at the first line you wrote to this poster which asks do you know what an RPO is... and ask yourself the same question. Because I have my doubts.

It's ok to be wrong "bud" You're catching me on a bad day at the moment. But let's not just wrap ourselves in revisionist definitions instead of owning up.

When im wong I say it. 14 years of marriage has painfully taught me the value in it.

Last edited:
Jordan Miller just blew up Jakai Clark off the snap and forced an errant N’Kosi Perry throw that was right to Nigel Bethel, but he dropped the pick
This might be the best news of the day. IF Miller can get it together, he's going to terrorize teams. You just don't see guys his size with that first step. I would hate to be in front of him late in a game.

Advertisement
Back