Fall Practice #1

Advertisement
As fans, do we not trust (at least until we don't) the evaluation and judgment of talent by Manolo and the coaching staff of who will start at x position and when?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the poster on poster violence debating QB1 vs QB-who and all that.

Maybe Manolo and company know/see something we don't.

After all, our game film is the games. Tate has essentially none and same same as Williams. Perry is a very mixed bag.

Let them work it out and we assume the best QB gets the 1 slot nod.

Advertisement
As fans, do we not trust (at least until we don't) the evaluation and judgment of talent by Manolo and the coaching staff of who will start at x position and when?

Don't get me wrong, I love all the poster on poster violence debating QB1 vs QB-who and all that.

Maybe Manolo and company know/see something we don't.

After all, our game film is the games. Tate has essentially none and same same as Williams. Perry is a very mixed bag.

Let them work it out and we assume the best QB gets the 1 slot nod.

And to add to that, none of us are in those meeting rooms or film rooms hearing responses to questions etc. We don't know what they "see" when they review film. all of that goes into the evaluation of starter too.....

What Summer camp? Summer workouts are run by the players? The only thing involved by any coaches is Feeley with weight lifting workouts.
Dude your an idiot and clearly never played the game! Summer camp is one of the most important camps due to it being all on the players to step up and put in the work! It’s a lot easier during spring and fall when you have coaches breathing down your neck to do your job. But summer it’s all on you to be a leader and do the right thing on and off the field which is what all championship teams have. It’s called accountability moron. Those who work the hardest are rewarded and it’s there job to keep that reward through fall camp. If they do, they’ll start, if not then someone else will start. But armchair idiots like you who never played the game clearly don’t know the importance of summer camp and the intangibles it brings. So run back to Twitter calbo and cry and wine some more! Smh

Advertisement
Dude your an idiot and clearly never played the game! Summer camp is one of the most important camps due to it being all on the players to step up and put in the work! It’s a lot easier during spring and fall when you have coaches breathing down your neck to do your job. But summer it’s all on you to be a leader and do the right thing on and off the field which is what all championship teams have. It’s called accountability moron. Those who work the hardest are rewarded and it’s there job to keep that reward through fall camp. If they do, they’ll start, if not then someone else will start. But armchair idiots like you who never played the game clearly don’t know the importance of summer camp and the intangibles it brings. So run back to Twitter calbo and cry and wine some more! Smh
Don't insult me saying I never played the game because I have. Probably before you were even born. I don't do Twitter and you are making a point that I didn't. My point is that coaches are not involved in summer workouts besides Feeley fo S and C. Summer is when you make an improvement that shows itself in Fall camp. What I question is how can you move up before Fall camp when Summer workouts are not run by the coaches. Thus, making decisions before camp has even started.

Last edited:
My point is it doesn't appear that any of the other positions were decided on"Summer workouts."
How do you know moron! Maybe the cream rose to the top and the kids that were the blue chips and expected to start grabbed the reins in summer camped and worked like blue chippers are supposed to to reach there potential. Point being you don’t know **** and are just spewing your own anti martell agenda on here. Dude put in the work in summer on the field, weight room and film room and it showed yesterday as he out performed every other QB. Those are facts regardless of whether you want to believe them or not. Just stfu as you clearly don’t know **** about summer camp and how it’s run and the importance of it, as you clearly have never been through one.

Don't insult me saying I never played the game because I have. Probably before you were even born. I don't do Twitter and you are making a point that I didn't. My point is that coaches are not involved in summer workouts besides Feeley fo S and C. Summer is when you make an improvement that shows itself in Fall camp. What I question is how can you move up before Fall camp when Summer workouts are not run by the coaches. Thus, making decisions based on someone else's opinion before camp has even started.

You're an idiot.

Advertisement
Don't insult me saying I never played the game because I have. Probably before you were even born. I don't do Twitter and you are making a point that I didn't. My point is that coaches are not involved in summer workouts besides Feeley fo S and C. Summer is when you make an improvement that shows itself in Fall camp. What I question is how can you move up before Fall camp when Summer workouts are not run by the coaches. Thus, making decisions based on someone else's opinion before camp has even started.
Another moron statement by you old man. Maybe in your day summer camp wasn’t the thing or didn’t mean anything but in modern football it does mean something, actually quite a lot! And a coach does have his input on who should start out fall with the first team, it’s call the S&C coach! That’s why SC coaches are one of the most important hires you make because there with the kids more then anyone. Dude your agenda is obvious and misguided by not knowing the facts of how summer camps are run at every university In this country. Like I said maybe In your day with good ole Lou Sagan it didn’t matter but it matters now! Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't insult me saying I never played the game because I have. Probably before you were even born. I don't do Twitter and you are making a point that I didn't. My point is that coaches are not involved in summer workouts besides Feeley fo S and C. Summer is when you make an improvement that shows itself in Fall camp. What I question is how can you move up before Fall camp when Summer workouts are not run by the coaches. Thus, making decisions before camp has even started.

You’re assuming the coaches wasn’t watching down from their offices that sit above the IPF. You’re also assuming that they weren’t giving feedback in the QB meetings and through other channels. I know the rules but in 2019 with teams paying players blatantly: you can’t tell me coaches aren’t involved inside the IPF

Right. You only saying that for the QB position. So, your telling me the depth chart is based purely on what players did in the Summer? And like I replied to blackvern, It's amazing that all the players slotted at 1st team we expected to start were the hardest workers in the Summer. I mean what are the odds of that? Wow!!!
So you would prefer if most of our projected starters didn't outwork their peers in the summer? Lulz

Pull out whatever foreign object is stuck way up your *** and enjoy the competition. This is the most ridiculous gripe I think I've ever seen on a sports message board. Truly an achievement.

Advertisement
Back