Fall Practice #1

This is some of the type of b*tching that’s going on. So you don’t expect Trevon hill, Osborn etc to have an impact either because you don’t want to pull for an “outsider”? Fvck that, the day the signed to Miami they became CANES PERIOD...

And his twitter handle is literally the Portal of Miami. Holy **** that’s insanely dumb

Advertisement
This is some of the type of b*tching that’s going on. So you don’t expect Trevon hill, Osborn etc to have an impact either because you don’t want to pull for an “outsider”? Fvck that, the day the signed to Miami they became CANES PERIOD...

Because Derrick Crudup would have lost vs UF in 2003 while Brock Berlin had one of the most legendary Cane moments in history

A lot of clowns showing their true colors. We’ve all known the Sfla bias was toxic, that some cared more about what they want more than what’s best for the program.

Well 1 practice in the books and it’s quite obvious which posters will be doing their best to divide the fan base IF Tate wins the job.

Pretty much the same ones ****ting on him all summer plus the Number1ConspiracyTheorist.

I don’t understand why we can’t just rally around whoever wins the job and support them? We have 3 highly capable(IMO) QBs as options, each would be an upgrade over what we got last year. Plus we’ve got an actual QB coach and OC this year. Let’s just sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that we have actual football to discuss and less than a month until we beat the Gaytors.

I’m also pumped about Zion. I was higher on him than the vast majority but I honestly doubt anyone, including family members, thought he’d come in and start week 1 as a TF. Kudos to him for putting in the work and gaining the requisite weight.

Advertisement
Well 1 practice in the books and it’s quite obvious which posters will be doing their best to divide the fan base IF Tate wins the job.

Pretty much the same ones ****ting on him all summer plus the Number1ConspiracyTheorist.

I don’t understand why we can’t just rally around whoever wins the job and support them? We have 3 highly capable(IMO) QBs as options, each would be an upgrade over what we got last year. Plus we’ve got an actual QB coach and OC this year. Let’s just sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that we have actual football to discuss and less than a month until we beat the Gaytors.

I’m also pumped about Zion. I was higher on him than the vast majority but I honestly doubt anyone, including family members, thought he’d come in and start week 1 as a TF. Kudos to him for putting in the work and gaining the requisite weight.

I am excited about Zions future but I’m equally nervous that a two star freshman is about to start at one of the most important positions on the team

I’m watching the livestream and it looks like as of now they got the 2nd team D out there.

The dline is Rousseau, chigozie, Silvera and hill lol. Nasty dline unit even for 2nd team
Thats better than most starting lines across the country.

Advertisement
I am excited about Zions future but I’m equally nervous that a two star freshman is about to start at one of the most important positions on the team

Yea, I’m nervous about it too. But if he’s the best option then you’ve gotta roll with him. He’s got the feet for it, just have to keep working on his strength, which he clearly has been.

I’m sure he will have ups and downs like any young player. Hopefully more ups than downs. But I think he’s a future stud and if he can successfully lock down the left side for the next 3-4 years, that’d be huge for our OL development.

But again, yes I am concerned about trotting him out there on 8/24 and asking him to block UF’s DL for 4 quarters. As I would be with any TF OL making their 1st career start in that atmosphere(them stars don’t mean anything now). Hopefully, if given the nod, he can hold it down and continue to prove everyone wrong.

There's a reason why Deion (Primetime) @ the UA game said that Te'cory was a DOG. That is not something he would say in jest. Te'cory is a legitimate cover corner that has the ability to play press man. God bless Malek but there is no comparison between him and this player.
Where is the dude that is constantly harping on the de/lb transition.

Sam closes like a mfer...wait till he is full tilt and adds 10-15 of muscle.

I tried telling mofos this kid wouldn’t shirt. Kid is the goods. Dude was going at jt like he was a vet lol.

These are the types you win with down here.

Advertisement
Yea, I’m nervous about it too. But if he’s the best option then you’ve gotta roll with him. He’s got the feet for it, just have to keep working on his strength, which he clearly has been.

I’m sure he will have ups and downs like any young player. Hopefully more ups than downs. But I think he’s a future stud and if he can successfully lock down the left side for the next 3-4 years, that’d be huge for our OL development.

But again, yes I am concerned about trotting him out there on 8/24 and asking him to block UF’s DL for 4 quarters. As I would be with any TF OL making their 1st career start in that atmosphere(them stars don’t mean anything now). Hopefully, if given the nod, he can hold it down and continue to prove everyone wrong.

He looked the strongest in that clip with the best technique already. Pretty stunning, although the guys before him didn't have much coaching or training.

Where have you been? Since at least al Golden the opening depth chart was based off of summer workouts. The coaches will play the best Qb. Why is that hard to believe?

Yeah they been doing this a long time.

The Martell fans can be irritating but nothing about yesterday seems unfair compared to past season opening depth charts. That has gone on for a while.

People want Tate to start. He had a good day overall. He looks better. People are anointing him starter prematurely. You didn’t see the same level of excitement when Kosi was leading. It is noticed and some are afraid that there will be unfair bias in the selection of the starter.

There is a LONG WAY TO GO. On day one, Martell seemed to have the most confidence over first practice jitters. It could change.

When they put the pads on, it will be a whole different story. The talk has me thinking the are leaning toward Martell based on intangibles. If these guys don’t separate based on actual performance in full pads, intangibles may when him the job.

Still, writing off anyone on the first day of fall camp playing touch in shorts is plain silly. It’s as silly as writing off Martell for his struggles in spring.

Yesterday won’t tell us a whole lot about the battle. There are many laps left in this race.

I tried telling mofos this kid wouldn’t shirt. Kid is the goods. Dude was going at jt like he was a vet lol.

These are the types you win with down here.

That's old school Canes style too. Find the biggest or baddest and go right after it. Excited to see him progress.

Advertisement
Lets just sit back and relax and watch this all play out because tonight what if Perry gets the 1st reps of the night with the 1st team Offense.

Y'all gonna freak out over that too???

Even if Tate is leading in their minds, the coaches should roll Perry or Williams out first just to troll the fans.

i agree w your QB take, but a couple of posters have made it into a fan boy affair talking **** bout the other QBs, like its not even remotely possible they could win. im happy for whoever wins bc it means they satisfied manny and more importantly enos.

Advertisement
Back