Fall Camp Early Portion Summary - 8/4

Hmmmm. Right now with the way the depth chart is for WR1 and WR2 it looks like Langham is poised for a lot of PT behind Richards. It's strange they don't move Pope over there as he seems to be the natural replacement for 82.[/QUOTE

Doubt he knows the playbook yet.

Advertisement
Was really hoping Herbert would be challenging for an interior spot coming off a redshirt season. Our whole season hinges on our OL coming together and Jahair Jones does not inspire confidence. We aren’t beating top tier programs with grad transfers or true freshman on the OL
He’s a sophomore this year. He played the first game last year. Shoulda redshirted he was still dealing with a shoulder injury.

Everyone a full go today? I know Jackson, McCloud, Njoku, Hall, and Richards have all been cleared. Is Charles Perry good to go?

Advertisement
Very encouraging to see so many second-team starters that could fill in competently if someone went down. Not quite there yet with the depth we need but much better than recent years.

Advertisement
If Tito Odenigbo or Jonathan Ford can beat out Patrick Bethel, I think the D Line can have the depth we need to be very good.

What I would like to see:
1st Team
DE Joe Jackson
DT Gerald Willis III
DT Tito Odenigbo or Jonathan Ford
DE Jon Garvin

2nd Team
DE Gregory Rousseau
DT Patrick Bethel
DE Demetrius Jackson

3rd Team
DE Scott Patchan
DT Nesta Silvera
DT Jordan Miller
DE Terry McCray or Patrick Joyner
Why do you assume pat bethel isn’t good enough to start for Miami?

Are you trying to say he isn’t big enough? He’s 6’3 295, uga runs a 3-4 and you know how big their nose tackle was? John Atkins 6’3 305 in a scheme that usually have bigger nose tackles. Football has evolved

Advertisement
If Tito Odenigbo or Jonathan Ford can beat out Patrick Bethel, I think the D Line can have the depth we need to be very good.

1st Team
DE Joe Jackson
DT Gerald Willis III
DE Jon Garvin

2nd Team
DE Gregory Rousseau
DT Patrick Bethel
DE Demetrius Jackson

3rd Team
DE Scott Patchan
DT Nesta Silvera
DT Jordan Miller
Agree on everything but Patchan...he needs to be put ahead of Rousseau for now. You can use his athleticism on passing downs but I’m real sketchy about him holding up against the run.

Blades got a s/o from Richt in his post practice interview
He’s one of the most physically imposing dbs we’ve brought in recent classes for sure. He’s going to be a stud in the future.
9008676A-0B4A-4719-B0D3-9CAC96338036.jpeg

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams, I saw on you 26 spots thread you had Jackson starting over Garvin. Obviously Jackson missed spring and Garvin is starting over him now. Do you think that will change by the LSU game?

Was going to make a note on this but was rushed to go to interviews. But yes, I was expecting the coaches to give the nod to the senior leader Jackson coming back from injury at least to start. Tells you a lot about how much of an impression Jon Garvin has made on this staff. He’s in line for a monster season

Why do you assume pat bethel isn’t good enough to start for Miami?

Are you trying to say he isn’t big enough? He’s 6’3 295, uga runs a 3-4 and you know how big their nose tackle was? John Atkins 6’3 305 in a scheme that usually have bigger nose tackles. Football has evolved
It’s more to do with the fact he’s a 3-tech instead of a nose. A guy like Jon is a better fit because he’s a bigger guy and can eat up space better.

1st Team
DE Joe Jackson
DT Gerald Willis III
DE Jon Garvin

2nd Team
DE Gregory Rousseau
DT Patrick Bethel
DE Demetrius Jackson

3rd Team
DE Scott Patchan
DT Nesta Silvera
DT Jordan Miller

The dline will be much better with Nesta starting bc hes the best DT on the team next to Willis.

Advertisement
Back