Fall Ball

Advertisement
Just read D1 Baseball Fall Report, Former pitching coach with 21 years top D1 experience said he made a conscious decision to stay away from the pitchers.

Just read D1 Baseball Fall Report, Former pitching coach with 21 years top D1 experience said he made a conscious decision to stay away from the pitchers.
Can you flesh that out a bit? I appreciate the nugget, but can you name names? Sounds a little odd.

Can you flesh that out a bit? I appreciate the nugget, but can you name names? Sounds a little odd.
Wanted to let new pitching coach form relationships, get fresh eyes, teach things with one voice instead of confusing the players on who to listen to.

In other words, doing what a good leader should do and let the pitching coach do the job he hired him to do.

Head coach is clearly involved in strategy, setting plan for players, reviewing performance and why they’re going about things a certain way etc.

It’s pretty normal for the assistants to run their portion of the team without the players getting a ton of input from the HC. The HC is communicating his vision to the assistants long before they get in front of a player.

Their fall report was a load of garbage. Was a few quotes from JD about getting the job and some bland stuff about the team. They’d didn’t give a preview or prediction on the team, I don’t think they even watch any of our scrimmages or practices

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back