Fall Ball

Advertisement
Does anyone have any insight to what happened at last weeks intrasquad scrimmages?
I will try to go on Wednesday or Thursday this week. I am curious to see some of our new guys.....

I’m trying to find out when the fall game. Last year they scrimmaged FAU and their was a nice turnout.

I’m trying to find out when the fall game. Last year they scrimmaged FAU and their was a nice turnout.
As far as I know we aren’t playing one. Next week is the Orange and Green World Series, and the following Saturday is Scout Day to end Fall Ball. It likely would have been this week if there was one.

I had been hoping JD would use the second fall game Gino never used, but he seems to have gone the other way.

Advertisement
As far as I know we aren’t playing one. Next week is the Orange and Green World Series, and the following Saturday is Scout Day to end Fall Ball. It likely would have been this week if there was one.

I had been hoping JD would use the second fall game Gino never used, but he seems to have gone the other way.
That sucks. I know Alabama and Auburn scrimmaged this past weekend, and I heard Ole Miss is scrimmaging either Auburn or UF.

i was in NC this past week for the football game and watched the scrimmage between NC State and Duke. Good cheap baseball before a trash football game

Caught a good chunk of today's scrimmage. Perfect day for baseball.

SP'S: Ziehl & Dwyer

Ziehl looked sharp, although he gave up a bomb to Torres. (My way too early vote for Breakout Player of the Year). Dwyer doesn't throw very hard.
In relief was the MDC transfer Julian Hernandez and Rafe. Rafe walked a few guys and looked hittable.

Besides Torres, Renzo and Luca Reyes went yard. Newcomer Cruz Mujica showed quick feet at 2nd base and got a hit and K'd. He didn't hit at the JUCO level so I wouldn't expect much from him.

AJ Goytia is a smaller catcher but looked pretty quick on the basepaths for a backstop. He also has JD Jones' 34, so let's hope the exile to catcher purgatory is lifted. Scanlon still can't hit, and Biden could steal 2nd off him. If Goytia can't beat out Scanlon for the backup backstop, he should transfer to Rutgers.

Left side of the infield was a shuffle between Fernandez, Jimenez, Cuvet and Dorian. Dorian looked bad at the plate and air mailed a throw from SS that would have hit the Ron Fraser Building if not for the net. Cuvet and Fernandez were at 3b and Fernandez, Dorian, and Jimenez all had a look at SS. It looks like there is a true open competition for SS.

Cuvet swung at several pitches out of the zone. His bat was dragging a bit too, but you can see the power potential.

Sir Cyr played sparingly and had a K and a single.

Irrelevant Yet Pertinent Side Notes:

JD Arteaga looked several shades darker. I think one of his perks is a tanning bed in his office.

Laz Gutierrez has absurdly skinny legs. He looks like a newborn foal. I can't a trust a man in a leadership position that has no calves.

The revolving gate on the 3B side is gone. Apparently, Gen Z students were mistaking it for a safe place and couldn't figure out how to get out of it.

Advertisement
Cyr was recognized on the field at last night’s football game and he looked the Hollywood part. 😎

Cyr was recognized on the field at last night’s football game and he looked the Hollywood part. 😎
IMG_3276.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty surprised to get nothing on here about the Orange & Green.

I know we are all down bad at the hire of Arteaga and then him confirming our fears by running the program like the same stale good ole boys' network, but I had hoped it wouldn't sink quite this low to get nothing on the games.

Updates I'm hearing on the team are sobering, so I had hoped to hear some buzz.

Advertisement
Back