Faith in Diaz

Advertisement
Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.
How can you have ‘complete confidence’ in someone who is 0-2 as a HC? You have ‘faith’ in him, but that’s your problem. Faith is what you owe God. You don’t place your ‘faith’ in unproven men, because men are flawed and unproven is unproven. Plenty of good coordinators failed as HCs, moreover.

Only complete idiots have passed judgment. There’s a lot of season left to be played. He, like almost every college football coach, has areas of opportunity to improve in and areas to be proud of. I’ll wait to decide after the season and maybe beyond. FWIW people called for Butch’s and Jimmy’s head early into their first seasons. Both Al and Randy got first year passes. Manny’s in the BEST of company. It’s encouraging to see him attacked this early in his ten year.

But it's Manny's fault that Thomas muffed a punt?

I don't know what to think yet of Manny, but Butch was a terrible coach. Good evaluator, but terrible GameDay coach with terrible assistants early on.
Who were these terrible assistants early on??...You mean Bill Miller ( a close friend of his) who he fired??
Please name these terrible assistants azzwipe...You cant...know why??...There weren't any....

Advertisement
Who were these terrible assistants early on??...You mean Bill Miller ( a close friend of his) who he fired??
Please name these terrible assistants azzwipe...You cant...know why??...There weren't any....
He had Miller and Coker. Two worst coaches ever and yes Coker sucked as OC too. Two most important positions.

I'm riding with Manny. The season hasn't gone the way I thought it would but I don't have short term memory like those calling for coach to be fired have.

Bottom line: The locker room has been soft as **** as far back as 2007 and we have a coach openly calling it out as a disease and attempting to correct it. QBs' getting the "Pick 6 Picory" moniker, linemen posing like absolute soft ******* in a photo op and a Head Coach that wears a tie. For too long too many guys have come to and through this program making a mockery of it, not giving a **** and riding the coattails of former success to get into the next level. If that's found out to be you, Manny is not letting them see the field. That's how it should be.

I don't give a **** if we're sub .500 in his first year. I'd rather deal with the bull**** of weeding out lazy *** players from our locker room and have a **** season rather than keep going 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 and having some garbage Big10 team mopping the floor with us in our bowl game season after season.

New Years Six Bowl or bust--and I'm okay with the busting if that's what is needed to break the cycle of mediocrity. Manny tells me what the problems I've known to plague this team are--I trust him to get it done. I'll revisit this conversation about his effectiveness after he's strung together a couple seasons and has a body of work I can judge him by.

Advertisement
I think he's the right hire. People who expected a 7-6 team to go 11-1 or 12-0 in 1 year with a completely new offense are delusional. Add a freshman qb and an extremely young line and they are just plain insane. 9-11 wins including the bowl game should have been the realistic expectations and a sign of progress. Never heard of a team going from bad to great in 1 offseason.

Urban took a 6-7 team and went undefeated the very next year

Mullen took a 4-7 team and won 10 games the next year

those are just some recent examples

Just cuz many can’t do it doesn’t mean others can’t either

I like Diaz. His production on the defensive side of the ball has earned him this opportunity. Dude is on point, heavy into analytics. I believe he can get us on the right track. He is thirst for success, lots of energy. I'm with him for sure even though this is a stupid question after 2 games

Advertisement
Urban took a 6-7 team and went undefeated the very next year

Mullen took a 4-7 team and won 10 games the next year

those are just some recent examples

Just cuz many can’t do it doesn’t mean others can’t either
Is this comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges? How was their situations different and why are these examples you are using that relate to Miami?

Advertisement
Is this comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges? How was their situations different and why are these examples you are using that relate to Miami?

I’m replying to a post where the poster claims he never saw a team go from bad to great

While uf is not great urban went undefeated with a roster that was below 500 before he got there

Advertisement
Back