Faith in Diaz

I think he's the right hire. People who expected a 7-6 team to go 11-1 or 12-0 in 1 year with a completely new offense are delusional. Add a freshman qb and an extremely young line and they are just plain insane. 9-11 wins including the bowl game should have been the realistic expectations and a sign of progress. Never heard of a team going from bad to great in 1 offseason.
2011 OSU 6-6. 2012 OSU 12-0.

Advertisement
It has only been 2 games, so he gets the benefit of the doubt at least. Butch the God is so great, he will have FIU in the playoffs in how many years?

Am I the only person here with complete confidence/faith Diaz is the man for the job? He took a horrific defense and turned them into a top 5 defense, in just a few years!

He's intense, passionate about the Miami standard, hates to lose... he even invited JJ to practice. The man is PERFECT for Miami and he will absolutely be tremendously successful. He also preaches accountability and will not accept losing. Case/point... look at his demeanor after a loss. Its just like JJ or Saban or Dabo or Urban. Losing kills them... he's not gonna take it.

This is the most confident about the direction of Miami I've feel since 1999. We will finish 9-3 or 10-2 and land a top 10 recruiting class. We're not that far away.. in fact just 2 plays from being 2-0 and ranked.

He is perfect for Miami. The Miami of 2005-now that hires Temple level coaches who cant recruit.

Real talk what makes this guy such a fit for this program? His twitter game? His ethnicity? He has has the worst resume of anyone we have hired in like 50 years.

I think Manny is the man we need, I think he needs better assistant coaches, for the Butch Davis people, let's not forget Butch was not a good game day coach (not good at making adjustments), Butch had a lot of good assistants around him.

butch davis was a multiple superbowl champion coach and DC.

they arent remotely the same level at the time of their hiring.

Advertisement
look at Kirby Smart GA first year 8-4 they had to learn how to win since then haven't lost but one game in conference that was to auburn the came back and to beat them give Manny time

look at Kirby Smart GA first year 8-4 they had to learn how to win since then haven't lost but one game in conference that was to auburn the came back and to beat them give Manny time

Kirby Smart was the DC of a multi national title team under a hall of fame coach and recruits at a top 5 level. and he still is a corch!

Manny might be the extreme exception and actually win here. But i wouldnt bet on it—all all.

Yeah....we know...It was Butch's fault Portis fumbled....I told Butch....stop carrying the ball like that....Now run along, and Chat on a D*ck
But it's Manny's fault that Thomas muffed a punt?

I don't know what to think yet of Manny, but Butch was a terrible coach. Good evaluator, but terrible GameDay coach with terrible assistants early on.

Advertisement
But it's Manny's fault that Thomas muffed a punt?

I don't know what to think yet of Manny, but Butch was a terrible coach. Good evaluator, but terrible GameDay coach with terrible assistants early on.

Except Butch actually was a great defensive coach, knew how to teach the game, and won at the very highest level. Manny is more Randy Shannon, though without producing the NFL players or ever winning anything of note.

Lmao. Answer the question.

Did jarren have it made? If so he should be kicked off the team.

Did his mom have it made? If so she is raising a *****.

Did manny give it? The head coach of the entire team. Giving an award to the best player against unc.

Or is it a fake account or photoshopped award?

Which is most likely?

Tweed already answered it was from a Canes sponsor.

But you keep doing you.

If you didnt have faith in Randy, then Diaz should be given less than none.

Randy fielded top 5 defenses every year and coached endless NFL players, and in the NFL.

Manny? One top 5 defense his whole career, and cant develop LBs for his life. Or recruit.

If you wanted a defensive minded Miami guy, you should have clamored for Randy to come back—and he at least isnt a Nole!

Advertisement

Randy fielded top 5 defenses every year and coached endless NFL players, and in the NFL.

Manny? One top 5 defense his whole career, and cant develop LBs for his life. Or recruit.

If you wanted a defensive minded Miami guy, you should have clamored for Randy to come back—and he at least isnt a Nole!

Yeah. It seems the current LB troika reached their CEILING at the conclusion of their sophomore seasons. Go figure.

Then who gave it? Did jarren have it made for himself? Lol holy crap.

Miami's BEST Pizza gave it to him, you idiot.

Look at the freaking award.

It's a corporate award. Like "Chevrolet Player of the Game" which does not have to be awarded to a player on the winning team.

You are a buffoon to complain about this.

I expect young guys to have young guy mistakes.

I expect players to lose reps.

More than anything I expect coaches to adhere to the core principles of football strategy.

We got too cute on both sides of the ball and it put us in position to lose games we could have won by 2-3 scores even with some of the player mistakes and limitations.

You have seen in both games why people thought we would lose no more than one game. You also saw why others had tempered expectations.

I thought we would go 11-1 while foreseeing many of the mistakes we have made.

The one thing I didn’t anticipate was the JT4 fumble. Until then, the game went almost exactly as I expected and we were primed to pull away late.

I didn’t expect Baker to leave the secondary so little margin for error with his playcalling at unc.

The thing that bothers me bad are the penalties and special teams. These coaches are new and yeah the game plans could have been better, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

There is no excuse for the penalties and poor special teams. These things have always been red flags to spot bad coaching.

Still, I am optimistically in wait and see mode. Manny has always proven to be self aware and flexible. I won’t give up on him prematurely.
My man hit the nail on the head. The first sign of bad coaching is an undisciplined team that commits multiple penalties and busts. As well as a team who’s special teams stink right out of the gait especially since those problems were well known last year. Those two things are unacceptable right there and I hope Diaz feels the heat as much as possible because he needs to know his career/future is on the line here. You fail at Miami and your done, so better put the experiments away manny and win some ******* football games or you’ll be out of here a lot quicker then you think. Two huge mistakes out of the gait was not having Scaife at tackle for week one versus experimenting with two freshman tackles. The other mistake not hiring a real special teams coach even though he clearly knew ST has been our weakness the whole time Diaz has been here versus experimenting by promoting a novice like Patke tonthe position. Smh

Advertisement

Lol. Larry Coker inherited the team of Butches players, but Randy Shannon who has the same first year DC as Coker did as HC is a great recruiter and developer? Shannon got increasingly worse as time went by just like Coker. I swear some of you people didn't actually watch football back then and only saw the 30 for 30. Shannon got ripped alot as did Schiano and Butch and everyone else too. Go look at the scores of our 9-4 1999 season. Schiano was about to be killed in the streets. ECU, Penn St, Fsu, and an *** whipping by Va tech. Shannon was so vanilla cover two that people were gonna kill him once he was DC. You remember Glen cook and Twan Russel under HC shannon while better players sat? I mean come on you can't rewrite history to fit your narrative. I can be a great DC with those 2000-2004 teams. I mean even at the tail end we had 6 players drafted in first round of 2004 and 6 defenders drafted overall.

Lmao. Answer the question.

Did jarren have it made? If so he should be kicked off the team.

Did his mom have it made? If so she is raising a *****.

Did manny give it? The head coach of the entire team. Giving an award to the best player against unc.

Or is it a fake account or photoshopped award?

Which is most likely?

WHO CARES????? I cannot believe so many of you are triggered by that picture. Move on.

Advertisement
Back