Faith in Diaz

Advertisement
Diaz’s hire was a joke. 9-3 with this ridiculous scuedule is no achievement, and considering we just lost to a team that would have been 2-10 last year had their UCF game not been cancelled, I have no idea why people think we’ll go 9-1 the rest of the way.

because in this crazy, crazy world there is a thing called improvement. we have 2 practice games now to get guys in synch, get on the same page and improve in time for the home stand.

you people act like we got our asses kicked in both games. if we pulled an LSU i would agree with you. we rather easily could have won both games. i don't understand the sky is falling bull**** at all

because in this crazy, crazy world there is a thing called improvement. we have 2 practice games now to get guys in synch, get on the same page and improve in time for the home stand.

you people act like we got our asses kicked in both games. if we pulled an LSU i would agree with you. we rather easily could have won both games. i don't understand the sky is falling bull**** at all

They've had since the spring to improve.

Advertisement
There's no reason aside from blind optimism and hope for believing we'll cease being a team that can't get out of its own way. That type of improvement occurs over months/years, not two weeks. Certain players and units may experience improvement over the course of 2019 but we are what we are. Win some. Lose some.

When you weed out the trolls and the resident members of no one but Butch cult you’ll find some people here with a semblance of perspective.
Cant recruit in what sense? We are right outside the top 10 with over 80% of prospects already committed.
[/QUOTE
the only time a recruiting class counts is on signing day when you have the kids signature on a letter of intent -verbal commitments mean nothing

I respect Butch. I never gave up my season tickets or wanted to fly the banner or screamed for him to be fired like 30,000 other people were doing next to me in the OB. I was there every Saturday rain or shine. He finally put together an amazing group of players and helped create some of my greatest ever Canes memories.

But in his entire career here I can safely say he never outschemed anyone. He was 0-10 against FSU and VT his first five years here, the vast majority by blowout loss. No upsets, no new wrinkles to get us a win, nothing. The game managment was often times attrocious. The penalties mind numbingly bad. At the end of the day, he only won when he overwhelmed the other team talent wise, something I question he can ever replicate.
This post is pure BS- the FSU and VT teams that Butch played from 1995-2000 were by far the greatest teams those programs fielded in their entire history- **** in 1999 VT and FSU BOTH went undefeated and played for the NC in the Sugar bowl- something that morons like you conveniently forget

Advertisement
This post is pure BS- the FSU and VT teams that Butch played from 1995-2000 were by far the greatest teams those programs fielded in their entire history- **** in 1999 VT and FSU BOTH went undefeated and played for the NC in the Sugar bowl- something that morons like you conveniently forget

They were outscored 40-0 in the second half of those two games. I was there for the FSU game. That 99 team was not 40-0 worse than those two teams.

Show me more than a game or two here , if that, where Butch won with inferior talent.

Last edited:
With the players Erickson left him what did you expect? The defense that year consisted of Ray Lewis and more Ray Lewis and even more Ray Lewis - but even the GOAT linebacker needs help- help that Erickson’s crap recruiting did not give him
He got hired in January of 1995. The game was December of 1998. That means he had 1996, 1997,1998 recruiting classes. Barely anybody from Erickson would still be there. Yes I know sanctions, but they still played no defense and the game was ugly as ****.

Advertisement
LMAO @ you owe god faith...but don't put your faith in unproven men. ironic post is awesome

off the tracks we go...
What is ironic about that? Do you imagine that all of God’s creations are equally gold at college football?

Butch Davis was possibly the best recruiter and best at identifying talent. No one better. He also developed kids into nfl-ready prospects.

However, his gameday coaching was horrible. He lost the Washington game and how many times did we have a delay of game coming of a change of possession or beginning of a quarter. He even had a delay of game on the first play of the game with Butch. Butch never out-coached anyone in his entire tenure with Miami. Sorry, but Butch was an average HC and needed superior talent to win games. His NFL career reflected this... recruiting/talent identification? 2nd to no one. Coaching? Average

Advertisement
Back