Faith in Diaz

He just gave a loser an award for being best player of a losing game.

Like giving a diabetic a sugar cookie after amputating their foot. Here is your reward fat ************.

exactly. HE gave williams (a loser so says you) the award. it was manny. ******* christ

Advertisement
Oh yeah, and it's SO very easy to be a great game day coach - 31 scholarships in the tank!

He was a horrible gameday manager at UNC! LOL He relied entirely on his assistants on gameday. He brought the ingredients, coordinators made the meal. Butch was more preoccupied with getting his headset to fit then calling any plays.

Advertisement
it's not Manny I have doubts about.His passion and determination to turn this ship around is evident in everything he does.

My doubts are with the people he has put around him.As a first time coach he needed guys with tons of experience to help him through his learning curve. He doesn't have that.So not only is he having to learn how to be a HC with it's many duties he has to try and run behind this defensive staff to make sure it doesn't turn to sht and he's having to rely on an OC who is relatively new if not brand new to calling an offense.
Yea Enos came from Alabama but I think we are all starting to find out it was Mike Locksley who ran the offense and Enos was just a QB's coach.

Manny isn't going anywhere any time soon.I hope he uses all the resources around him like JJ and past HOFers like Ed Reed to get through this learning curve and more importantly have the balls to make changes to the staff that need to be changed cause there are several that need changing now !!!

This ship has been leaking water for almost two decades.NO ONE could patch this hole in the side of it in one year.Main thing right now is forget about the first two games and act like BC is our first game like it really should have been.Win the rest of the games,get to the ACCCG and then hopefully that's enough to impress top kids to come play here.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program.Coker showed if you have enough great players even a moron like he was could win a NC.Win and they will come may not be totally true but you can bet your a$$ that if you lose they won't.

Advertisement
He was a horrible gameday manager at UNC! LOL He relied entirely on his assistants on gameday. He brought the ingredients, coordinators made the meal. Butch was more preoccupied with getting his headset to fit then calling any plays.

Not according to UNC fans - it took him a while to turn the ship around - and he would have done well his last year - but was sacrificed for the administrations *****-ups.

You don't keep up with much of this, do you?

I want to really like Manny, but holding on to timeouts like he can use them next week is just mind blowing. Forget props, awards, whatever. When a coach can't manage timeouts, I have to question what else he can't manage. The 4th and 17 could have used one. When it looked like they were going to score would have been another good time to use one. Obviously, on our last drive we could have used more than one. It was just painful, as if it was just too much for him to comprehend in the moment. Deer in the headlights.

I hope he does better next time, because I can't stomach a coach that can't even use timeouts properly. I want him to succeed.

The Edge went off... yes I remember that battle. Did you happen to check the roster of that team? crazy talent. All young but no denying the TALENT Butch could generate. Maybe the best recruiting / talent manager of all time.

HC? No.
Maybe??.....Who in NCAA History (Including UM) put more 1st rounders into the NFL in the last 40yrs??

The Edge went off... yes I remember that battle. Did you happen to check the roster of that team? crazy talent. All young but no denying the TALENT Butch could generate. Maybe the best recruiting / talent manager of all time.

HC? No.

What a statement!

That ROSTER was put together by Butch Davis. It took him four years - but he did it - and HIS team in 2001 won the National.

Advertisement
Not according to UNC fans - it took him a while to turn the ship around - and he would have done well his last year - but was sacrificed for the administrations *****-ups.

You don't keep up with much of this, do you?

Normally respect your posts but you’re bailing on Manny after two games while making baseless assumptions of success for Butch.

He is now 1 for 20 in 10 win seasons as a HC.

There is no logical reason to believe he would have been anything but 8-5 his next year at UNC because outside of one season in his entire career that’s what he’s been.

Last edited:
Normally respect your posts but you’re bailing on Manny after two games while making assumptions of success for Butch.

He is now 1 for 20 in 10 win seasons.

There is no logical reason to believe he would have been anything but 8-5 his next year at UNC because outside of one season in his entire career that’s what he’s been.

Don't respect the posts - respect the man.

NO. I'm NOT abandoning Manny in the least. I'm just tired of hearing crap about Butch that's clearly BS.

Maybe it's just me - but if someone fires me - and I can sit home per contract - and make over a million a year sitting on myass - OR - give up that million and work my *** of for maybe $1.5 million - you want me - you can find me at home!

Especially when the SOB's that are having to pay that out - fired you for nothing YOU did - but something THEY did. I'd make them pay every damned dime.

Advertisement
Don't respect the posts - respect the man.

NO. I'm NOT abandoning Manny in the least. I'm just tired of hearing crap about Butch that's clearly BS.

Maybe it's just me - but if someone fires me - and I can sit home per contract - and make over a million a year sitting on myass - OR - give up that million and work my *** of for maybe $1.5 million - you want me - you can find me at home!

Especially when the SOB's that are having to pay that out - fired you for nothing YOU did - but something THEY did. I'd make them pay every damned dime.

I respect Butch. I never gave up my season tickets or wanted to fly the banner or screamed for him to be fired like 30,000 other people were doing next to me in the OB. I was there every Saturday rain or shine. He finally put together an amazing group of players and helped create some of my greatest ever Canes memories.

But in his entire career here I can safely say he never outschemed anyone. He was 0-10 against FSU and VT his first five years here, the vast majority by blowout loss. No upsets, no new wrinkles to get us a win, nothing. The game managment was often times attrocious. The penalties mind numbingly bad. At the end of the day, he only won when he overwhelmed the other team talent wise, something I question he can ever replicate.

731976C6-352E-48FB-A4EA-4211244CA4C1.jpeg

In a perfect world, we'd be able to hold off all "does X suck?" or " is X the GOAT?" threads until we have enough evidence to make a rational decision.

Advertisement
Back