Fairweather Fans

Ok. Since perception is reality. You are Ok with the perception that all Miami players are thugs that has been perpetuated for 30+ years while other far worse programs (UF, OSU) don't get that. I am sure I can find some half *** articles that lack any nuance or explanation of the facts like you did to justify that perception the rest of the country has. Fans don't support losing teams, Florida has a lot of them....Shocking that losing teams in Florida are at bottom of attendance.

Now you are all over the place. So kids transferring high schools to put themselves in the best position for their future is related to this exactly how?

Least you got one thing right about mentioning not being a college town as a factor when it comes to UM attendance.

Simple....South Florida fans are fair weathered....JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREA.
You sound defensive on this fact. I’m not all over the place. I’ve personally had a convo with my old jv coach from Deerfield who is now the hc about how our fans have this entitled attitude. He was in the stands at the FIU game and brought up the fact that he could t believe the fan booed 12 when he took the field..our fans call it passion, but it’s perceived as negativity. It’s fact.

It’s not just Miami hurricane fans. It’s south Florida fans.

Advertisement
You sound defensive on this fact. I’m not all over the place. I’ve personally had a convo with my old jv coach from Deerfield who is now the hc about how our fans have this entitled attitude. He was in the stands at the FIU game and brought up the fact that he could t believe the fan booed 12 when he took the field..our fans call it passion, but it’s perceived as negativity. It’s fact.

It’s not just Miami hurricane fans. It’s south Florida fans.

I am a bit defensive. It gets very old when every fanbase acts the same exact way but we get singled out for it. It is a disingenuous argument and position.

UF fans booed Frenks this year....

Last edited:
Look, you are either with The U or against it. It's okay to be critical of Miami but when every comment you make is negative you have to ask yourself, are you really a fan of The U?

There are a lot of people who have jumped ship over the last decade and a half but most of the people on this forum are still proud to throw up The U, including me. That "U" means something. So since you want to keep saying how much better Bama is, just go be their fan. Root for them tomorrow. We don't want you.

I'll say it again, you're either with us or against us. My guy Sheldrick Redwine said it best "Don't be a fan later"

48 Laws of Power, Law 39: Stir Up Waters To Catch Fish

4E273C6F-0AE0-4705-81E9-3B14A4B9483C.gif

To your comment about Diaz and Jimmy, I was thinking the exact same thing. They always say that a team takes on the personality of it's coach. I hope that proves true.
both were fiery coaches. I became a canes fan at 10 watching Kelly and Miami but it was cemented with jimmy teams that swagger that attitude I loved it as a teenager, and I see some of it in diaz. I hope they change up some of there recruit messages and start using negative recruiting and if they do I think can keep more kids home but diaz is gonna bring fire to team every week

There are a lot of "fans" already turning on Diaz bc he has not announced his OC yet even though he is still on the schedule he set. I made this post for those type of ppl

Advertisement
You've gotta take the good with the bad. I've been a Cane fan for 34 calendars. Never had a pro team either. Lifer!

Advertisement
Back