Fairweather Fans

Its tough to ask fans to be more committed than UM's management team is. So if you wanna call out anyone for being fair-weather fans, call out the AD, the university president, and the board of distrustees.
The business of college football has left the UM Administration in its rear view mirror. In the 80s and early 90s when we were elite, we were somewhat competitive salary wise when playing our football staff and needless to say got lucky with Jimmy and Coach E. In the last 20 years, with new TV contracts, the playing field has tilted dramatically when it comes to paying staffs. The elite teams of today, Bama, O$U, Clemson, OU, and the rest are offering HCs 6-10 million a year and another 6 million for assistants. We are nowhere near those figures. Our football ops staff and quality control people are not even close to the big boys. Our program is far from elite. So, unless we catch lightning in a bottle or the administration antes up, UM is what it is. This is a huge business and unfortunatelyUM has been on fumes for over 15 years.

Advertisement
UM has become Venezuela.

Venezuela has the 4th largest oil reserves in the world and they can't feed their people.

Miami has the richest high school football talent that translates to the next level and all the way to the NFL.

Our administration and our Board of (un)Trustees doesn't even know how to set up the proverbial oil rig to drill for any of "our" oil, when they do get a few drops out of the earth they can't figure out how to refine that oil or they spill it all over the ground.

We’re just showing tough love to the program we love and if someone in the program (coach, AD, etc) is not doing his/her job we’re gonna call them out because our loyalty is to the program and not them ...and we’re all Cane fans in here so no need to put up a front and be delusional save that for when you’re talking to FSU or UF fans

Look, you are either with The U or against it. It's okay to be critical of Miami but when every comment you make is negative you have to ask yourself, are you really a fan of The U?

There are a lot of people who have jumped ship over the last decade and a half but most of the people on this forum are still proud to throw up The U, including me. That "U" means something. So since you want to keep saying how much better Bama is, just go be their fan. Root for them tomorrow. We don't want you.

I'll say it again, you're either with us or against us. My guy Sheldrick Redwine said it best "Don't be a fan later"

48 Laws of Power, Law 39: Stir Up Waters To Catch Fish

How much later do we have to wait?

We’re just showing tough love to the program we love and if someone in the program (coach, AD, etc) is not doing his/her job we’re gonna call them out because our loyalty is to the program and not them ...and we’re all Cane fans in here so no need to put up a front and be delusional save that for when you’re talking to FSU or UF fans
It's hard to be loyal to a program that doesn't give a shxt about their fans.

Advertisement
Early Post of the Year candidate! 😂🤣😂

This is exactly what I see when I read these butthurt comments. Dudes are literally posting the same thing everyday. Definition of a ****ing contest.

The criticism is more than justifiable, but there’s a clear difference to me between fans who are frustrated with solid gripes that are fresh and offer a sincere, new perspective or solution, as opposed to, those that a
Early Post of the Year candidate! 😂🤣😂

This is exactly what I see when I read these butthurt comments. Dudes are literally posting the same thing everyday. Definition of a ****ing contest.

The criticism is more than justifiable, but there’s a clear difference to me between fans who are frustrated with solid gripes that are fresh and offer a sincere, new perspective or solution, as opposed to, those that are posted for props or to be seen as the no nonsense, pessimist/“realist” blog tough guy.
My sentiments exactly. We know Flake James is a clown. We know Pricht didn't do a thing. The teams soft. Etc...
But how much can you bash them?
Too much negativity for me. Their is a clean slate now. I'm going to give it a chance.
Go Canes!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, and look at F$U's and UiF's stadiums when they were having down years. Ever see their great fans filing out prior to the game ending when they were losing? I have! Some gator wannabe smack talker (or schtick account) was on here calling us cry babies, but go back a year and look at their fans wanting their coach out. Look at what was being said about their QB and team. **** yesterday fans were booing the Raven and Bears. Stop this **** that it is only Hurricane fans. For good or bad it is the way of the world in sports. Want it to stop, win.

I'm with Archer. I've been through the 70's all the way through today. Seen the bad, good and great. Know what this program was, is and can be. The moves made over the years are mind boggling and reeks of a program content on collecting an ACC check and donations with good little boys on the sidelines, just so long as they are not referred to as thugs. Bullsh!t, I want the best AD, coach and players we can get. I want brash in your face tough football, players that are confident, ****y but can back it up on the field. I want Miami football back. There is a reason you don't hear too many Bama fans b!tching, it's because they are basically what we were 30 years ago.

No, I have never traded in my Canes shirt, been through a lot. No, I have never worn another teams colors. Will never trade it in unless the program closes shop. Yes, I do expect more and have expressed it where I see fit, right or wrong.
I respect that..but South Florida is full of fair weather fans. I’m not just saying canes fans here..more than other places Ppl down here jump ship at the 1st sign of team adversity..we flew a banner at a road game when we

There's deserved criticism and then there's straight negativity. I think all but a small handful of members here lost their patience with Mark Richt and deservedly so. 2018 was a toilet year and nobody should have been happy with that. The team going in the tank just opened the floodgates for the group of miserable pricks who only show up when the team is losing and like to complain about every single aspect of the team while offering zero constructive or realistic solutions. I'm not sure if they're gaytor fans or just trolls but they all disappeared while the team was playing well so it leads me to believe they're not actually UM fans. What kind of fan disappears when the team Is on a winning streak?
Some posters have me second guessing their allegiance, big time. It's a time for hope and renewal. Leave the bashing until you have proof, not on pure speculation because you didn't like the hire.

Advertisement
Quick question.

Do you remember the day before we hired Schnellenberger? And the next four years?

And the ups and downs of the next 20? And the next?

I do.

So don't suggest you have a clue what kind of fan I am. I'm the LONG TERM fan - from a long time ago.

And I'll damned well criticize what I think is worthy of criticism.

If someone doesn't like that, you can go s*it in your hat.

Newbie.
Top hat or cap?..............s*it that is.......on your last sentence...........LMAO.......

When he held up the sign, "Don't be a fan later", my comment was, "I will never be a fan of bad football." I stand by that. I will always be a Miami fan, but I dislike crap football and want better for my team. Who the **** doesn't?

Some posters have me second guessing their allegiance, big time. It's a time for hope and renewal. Leave the bashing until you have proof, not on pure speculation because you didn't like the hire.
There's probably too many people here who have some weird personal vendetta against the team and hope for failure so they can jump on here and say "SEE!!! I TOLD YOU !!!!". I just want the team to win, man.

Advertisement
And North Korea has an ultra right wing military dictatorship and I hear they’re not doing too well...never go too far to either side
I was mostly referring to economic policies rather than politics but yes dictatorships are s-hit as well.

Advertisement
Look, you are either with The U or against it. It's okay to be critical of Miami but when every comment you make is negative you have to ask yourself, are you really a fan of The U?

There are a lot of people who have jumped ship over the last decade and a half but most of the people on this forum are still proud to throw up The U, including me. That "U" means something. So since you want to keep saying how much better Bama is, just go be their fan. Root for them tomorrow. We don't want you.

I'll say it again, you're either with us or against us. My guy Sheldrick Redwine said it best "Don't be a fan later"

48 Laws of Power, Law 39: Stir Up Waters To Catch Fish

UM is a Great Coaching Staff Away from Big Time Winning.

giphy.gif

There's probably too many people here who have some weird personal vendetta against the team and hope for failure so they can jump on here and say "SEE!!! I TOLD YOU !!!!". I just want the team to win, man.
I agree. At 1st I was blinded by the intention because we've been horrible. But it's coming to light how some people just don't show their fandom in the same manner.

I'm more of a r/CFB and r/MiamiHurricanes man myself. Stumbled upon this forum through the podcast and decided to give it a try. Sorry I'm not the "long time lurker" or guy with two accounts that you had hoped for.
That explains everything

Advertisement
Back