Facilities Arms Race

Super Mario Cane.

Bring Mario home and let’s build a dynasty.
Someone tell Blake and Julio that winning begets more revenue for things like this. Granted we are a private institution and can’t just get millions in the whim. This is the direction college football is heading and we are way behind.

Advertisement
The whole state of Alabama is ran by football...... Or should I say, Nick Saban....

Advertisement
Most of what Miami has is fine. However that lockeroom/player lounge needs to be renovated ASAP which is what I’ve been saying for years
It’s supposed to be getting renovated again soon isn’t it? I haven’t heard anything about it in a while though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you're looking at this in terms of "facilities," you're viewing it too narrowly. In a greater scheme, it reflects one program's (and school's) interest/desire to win vs. ours. We are never going to have the facilities, stadium, donor base or interest to match some schools, but we NEED to hit on coaching hires, AD, etc. if we want to compete regularly.

Cheap *** fanbase whines about something they wouldn't pay for if their lives depended on it. We had to crowdfund for a **** IPF, now you are whining that the school isn't spending 200 million dollars on a facility?

Miami's facilities aren't the issue, the HC and AD ARE. Then again, our fanbase wants to be Alabama(As much as this fanbase blows Alabama, I wouldn't be shocked to hear that most of you have their gear in your closet), they just expect everyone else to pay for it, except them.

Someone tell Blake and Julio that winning begets more revenue for things like this. Granted we are a private institution and can’t just get millions in the whim. This is the direction college football is heading and we are way behind.

TCU AND Baylor are both private.
Baylor has a student population of 16k
Being private and not having a stadium and not putting money into athletics is a lie that’s been fed to us constantly.
I guarantee you that we sell more merch (or at least use to befor manny) than both of those schools and likely have better tv ratings.
This school has refused to invest in and cash into a gold mine of an opportunity that is the football team.

Advertisement

Our players don't need to be pampered. That what Manny is for.

The OP is not about “facilities.” I feel like some fans get so sensitive & defensive. The OP is referring to when u win, nice things come along. I can unequivocally tell you Bama didn’t have all this chit until Saban came there & donations literally flooded for not only the AD, but the whole school. As I mentioned in another thread, one of my client’s granddaughter attends Bama. She said it’s like Vegas there, meaning some construction is always going on to give the campus a face lift.

The entire AD has been committed to winning, not just the FB program. The reason y Blake has to “beg” for donations is b/c we’re not winning. Ppl want to be associated w/ winning programs. Our facilities would probably not be on this level, but I can almost guarantee u that if we had a competent AD, and we were still the Miami of old, in today’s spectrum of collegiate sports, we would have some of the top facilities in the country b/c $$$ would flow in from boosters, sponsors, TV contracts, endorsements.

We have the best *** facilities in south florida, the OP is crazy! Why else do you think once the college players make it to the NFL they flock to Miami?

3f432df712addda1c3f87c9417e211be.jpg

0a71b1d6ab0146295e4f2f794d138b3c.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Haven't some posters complained that the IPF has made are players soft? What would a locker room like this do then? ****, with the wireless phone charger our players will have unlimited juice for more tik toks and snap chat vids.
Lmao yep

Advertisement
Back