F$U Recruiting Class

Gables Cane

Sophomore
The Noles are putting together a really nice class on paper (emphasis added). They currently have two 5 Star recruits in Travis Hunter (absolute baller) and Sam McCall and just recently added an OL from IMG who was being pursued by several SEC teams. They might also benefit from landing several highly rated legacy recruits from South Florida as well.

I recognize as soon as they start losing games, especially those games where they are expected to win, their class will fall apart. Ironically, it reminds me of our classes in the past that were ranked Top 5 or so heading into the season and then we would suffer 3 or more consecutive losses and the decommitments would pile up. We did that for several years.

I do not expect F$U to finish with the #1 class in the ACC. But, we cannot ignore the fact that Norvell has quietly assembled a staff of very good recruiters. That cannot be denied from what we have seen so far. Norvell has added several South Florida connections and the program undeniably made an early impression on Kelly and currently has Mortimer (an underrated but very good WR) committed. They are effectively selling playing time to big time players and it is working despite the product we all saw on the field last year and the spring game. Ultimately, success on the field has to be shown or players will stop buying into the story they are being told.

With Taggart, I was never worried because despite his early success recruiting (remember those corny "ring ring" tweets), he did not give me the impression that his staff could develop players and Taggart did not have a history of consistent success from prior stops. Norvell did more with less at Memphis and his offense was exciting.

There is no reason to panic because we don't know if FSU's current recruiting success is sustainable. It is much too soon to determine if Norvell and staff can develop these players. With that said, we need to keep our enemies close and do our part in keeping them down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
images

Even FSU fans aren't sure about most of these commits, outside the 5 stars, McCall won't even stick.

What makes you think that Norvell developed players at Memphis? Do you think Fuentes is a real good coach? He took Memphis from 3-9 to 10-3. Norvell just kept them there, even though on even years he would only win 8 and lose 5 or 6.

It's just the year 2 bump most coaches get prior to the season. If they had a bad year they can say they need "their" guys and there is plenty of playing time to be had. They sell them on a dream. If they had a good first year then they say they are changing the culture and they can be a part of that change. Regardless if they stink year 2 that dream fades away and the class is regular. Probably better than last year but not top 10.

Advertisement
I’m tellin y’all. They are spending this cycle. They know if they don’t bring in a solid class they will fall deeper into the abyss
It’s quite obvious. Mix the spending with famu females and you have a excellent chance of convincing young men to commit

Advertisement
Did I miss the memo where he quietly assembled a great group of recruiters? Where are these guys? They have the 9th best class in the country in May. Miami oftentimes had the #1 class in the country in May. Were other fanbases starting threads on their boards about Miami’s silent assassins on the trail? FOH. FSU has garbage *** recruiters and they’re gonna win 5 games this year, again. Let’s check back in December to see how awesome these recruiters are.

I do not expect F$U to finish with the #1 class in the ACC. But, we cannot ignore the fact that Norvell has quietly assembled a staff of very good recruiters. That cannot be denied from what we have seen so far.
Aren’t good recruiters determined by who signs? Not by who commits this far out?

Advertisement
The Noles are putting together a really nice class on paper (emphasis added). They currently have two 5 Star recruits in Travis Hunter (absolute baller) and Sam McCall and just recently added an OL from IMG who was being pursued by several SEC teams. They might also benefit from landing several highly rated legacy recruits from South Florida as well.

I recognize as soon as they start losing games, especially those games where they are expected to win, their class will fall apart. Ironically, it reminds me of our classes in the past that were ranked Top 5 or so heading into the season and then we would suffer 3 or more consecutive losses and the decommitments would pile up. We did that for several years.

I do not expect F$U to finish with the #1 class in the ACC. But, we cannot ignore the fact that Norvell has quietly assembled a staff of very good recruiters. That cannot be denied from what we have seen so far. Norvell has added several South Florida connections and the program undeniably made an early impression on Kelly and currently has Mortimer (an underrated but very good WR) committed. They are effectively selling playing time to big time players and it is working despite the product we all saw on the field last year and the spring game. Ultimately, success on the field has to be shown or players will stop buying into the story they are being told.

With Taggart, I was never worried because despite his early success recruiting (remember those corny "ring ring" tweets), he did not give me the impression that his staff could develop players and Taggart did not have a history of consistent success from prior stops. Norvell did more with less at Memphis and his offense was exciting.

There is no reason to panic because we don't know if FSU's current recruiting success is sustainable. It is much too soon to determine if Norvell and staff can develop these players. With that said, we need to keep our enemies close and do our part in keeping them down.
They didnt play 1 game for like the Last 4 weeks of the season. What do you think they were doing instead? Recruiting! Its why it was stupid for the ACC leadership to allow that.

Id also say wait till the big boys in recruiting come after their guys..

Wins over Jax St, UMass and Syracuse aren't gonna move the needle...

theyll possibly lose to Louisville, Wake Forest, NC St...

We will beat them, UF will beat them, UNC, ND, BC and Clemson may score 100...

Advertisement
Back