F$U Recruiting Class

Please tell me what big time south Florida recruiters he has added? And can these additions actually go out and recruit or are they support staff? I’ll wait.

Advertisement
Get half these guys to stick with their commitments after a 4 win season and I’ll be impressed. Until then this is just some Al Golden type recruiting. Best class in the conference before you play a game, fourth best class after you play all your games.

Get half these guys to stick with their commitments after a 4 win season and I’ll be impressed. Until then this is just some Al Golden type recruiting. Best class in the conference before you play a game, fourth best class after you play all your games.

"Fourth-best" would be generous for F$U. They will not finish ahead of Clemson, Miami, or North Carolina, and I suspect a few other ACC teams will have better classes if F$U finishes .500 or worse.

C235392E-B353-45B7-B263-7B11ED237E03.gif

Advertisement
Id also say wait till the big boys in recruiting come after their guys..

Wins over Jax St, UMass and Syracuse aren't gonna move the needle...

theyll possibly lose to Louisville, Wake Forest, NC St...

We will beat them, UF will beat them, UNC, ND, BC and Clemson may score 100...
They beat UNC. I don’t think they’ll be much improved on defense. They do t have any dynamic players on O imo...BUT, that said that QB imo gives them a chance. He looked good and seemed to have a command of the O in the spring game

They beat UNC. I don’t think they’ll be much improved on defense. They do t have any dynamic players on O imo...BUT, that said that QB imo gives them a chance. He looked good and seemed to have a command of the O in the spring game

Who, Milton?! I already posted that his completion percentage was under 50% and he took multiple sacks. He took advantage of a historically bad F$U defensive backfield for 3 good throws.

But Miami fans are going to keep building the McKenzie Milton Myth...

Advertisement

UNC beat UNC that night... they had seen how bad FSU was thought it would be an easy W and they sleptwalk into that game and got punched in the mouth... they came back but it wasnt enough. Mack wont allow that to happen again

The big thing for me is Norvell may improve the offense but he’s never really had a good defense. Think about most of his teams at Memphis, they had to out score teams. Just don’t see that happening which will lead to a lot of losses.
They had to outscore teams in a conference with bad defenses lined up. That sh-t ain't working in the acc

The Noles are putting together a really nice class on paper (emphasis added). They currently have two 5 Star recruits in Travis Hunter (absolute baller) and Sam McCall and just recently added an OL from IMG who was being pursued by several SEC teams. They might also benefit from landing several highly rated legacy recruits from South Florida as well.

I recognize as soon as they start losing games, especially those games where they are expected to win, their class will fall apart. Ironically, it reminds me of our classes in the past that were ranked Top 5 or so heading into the season and then we would suffer 3 or more consecutive losses and the decommitments would pile up. We did that for several years.

I do not expect F$U to finish with the #1 class in the ACC. But, we cannot ignore the fact that Norvell has quietly assembled a staff of very good recruiters. That cannot be denied from what we have seen so far. Norvell has added several South Florida connections and the program undeniably made an early impression on Kelly and currently has Mortimer (an underrated but very good WR) committed. They are effectively selling playing time to big time players and it is working despite the product we all saw on the field last year and the spring game. Ultimately, success on the field has to be shown or players will stop buying into the story they are being told.

With Taggart, I was never worried because despite his early success recruiting (remember those corny "ring ring" tweets), he did not give me the impression that his staff could develop players and Taggart did not have a history of consistent success from prior stops. Norvell did more with less at Memphis and his offense was exciting.

There is no reason to panic because we don't know if FSU's current recruiting success is sustainable. It is much too soon to determine if Norvell and staff can develop these players. With that said, we need to keep our enemies close and do our part in keeping them down.
Yep
Its May and they are going to look like crap again, and the class will crumble. White Mike failing again.

I think this is how Nole fans thought of Al Goldens teams, not worried one bit

Advertisement
Hunter is not flipping. The rest may flee but he will stick it out. He’s solid enough that other boards- UGA and Bama - acknowledge it. It was said on the UGA board by a poster who knows of the kid that he doesn’t take Kirby or Saban’s calls.
Some kids just want to be in sht and smell like sht. He probably thinks their disgusting uniforms are cool. LOL

Please tell me what big time south Florida recruiters he has added? And can these additions actually go out and recruit or are they support staff? I’ll wait.

Randy Shannon, Sabbath Joseph....... sorry I couldn’t even type without laughing.

They gonna get skull fvcked this season

Advertisement
Why don't we hold off on crowning them and circle back when they amass all of 4 wins this year and see what they sign in December

FSU is slowly starting to turn into what Miami was for so many years. Summer Warriors. If there’s one thing you can say about Diaz it’s that he seems to get it and understand this program. In a way i wish we opened with a crap school so we had a monster season on the field. Alabama game 1 is brutal.

UNC beat UNC that night... they had seen how bad FSU was thought it would be an easy W and they sleptwalk into that game and got punched in the mouth... they came back but it wasnt enough. Mack wont allow that to happen again

How Carolina lost to that FSU team is beyond belief.

FSU is slowly starting to turn into what Miami was for so many years. Summer Warriors.

They seem to be in worse shape than we were even when the NCAA came down on us. The portal may help them bounce back faster. But I don't see them being relevant for several years, and better teams are going to take the guys they want among their verbals. If we have the 10+ win season we expect, we should be first in line.

Advertisement
Back