Eye-opening tweet about our OL talent

Advertisement
I see the list goes back to 2000, I'm curious where Miami would stand if the list went back to 2005. Pretty much every starting lineman from 2000-2002 got drafted. After that, it's been pretty hit and miss. When is the last time you can say O line was an actual strength of the team?

Year/OL Players/# picked in the first 3 rounds
2000 - 1- 0
2001 - 0 - 0
2002 - 3 - 1
2003 - 0 - 0
2004 - 2 - 1
2005 - 1 - 0
2006 - 2 - 2
2007 - 0 - 0
2008 - 0 - 0
2009 - 0 - 0
2010- 1 - 0
2011- 1 - 1
2012 - 1 - 0
2013 - 0 - 0
2014 - 2 - 1
2015 - 2 - 1
2016 - 0 - 0
2017 - 1 - 0

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Team/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-13/DraftPicks?year=alltime

Last edited:
Of note, eleven of these guys (including six of the last seven) were from South Florida

****ed me off last might when Sanders was interviewing Derwood and he said FSPEW was DBU. Then a graphic came up and they've only had 5 db's selected in the 1st round since Sanders was drafted.

I see the list goes back to 2000, I'm curious where Miami would stand if the list went back to 2005. Pretty much every starting lineman from 2000-2002 got drafted. After that, it's been pretty hit and miss. When is the last time you can say O line was an actual strength of the team?

Agreed - go back to 2000 in anything and you will see better results than we have seen in the last 5-8 years

Advertisement
Advertisement
What is it about Wisconsin that makes good offensive linemen? Coaching, or players?
Bret Bielema said something about the Scandinavian population up their breed big men/linemen. There's tons of people with German/Scandavian decent in that area, and are generally the larger Europeans. This is why no matter what coach, Whisky will always have great run blocking teams.

Would like to see the total broken out by rounds. Guessing we score on quantity, not necessarily quality.
This. Most of our linemen were drafted 3rd round or later. We lacked the top tier linemen that some of the other schools on this list had.

Advertisement
The criteria is DL and going back to 2000. I also said good, I didn't say world beating NFL stars everywhere. Take that smug reply somewhere else.
Nah, we have not been very talented on the D-line and the draft shows this.

All these list keep going back to 2000. I'm growing tired of reading about stuff from that long ago. I saw a list today that said in the last 10 years we are not in the top 5 in players drafted, or something like that.

Advertisement
Bret Bielema said something about the Scandinavian population up their breed big men/linemen. There's tons of people with German/Scandavian decent in that area, and are generally the larger Europeans. This is why no matter what coach, Whisky will always have great run blocking teams.

Exactly, its also why @theribdoctor idea of getting a coach from there is ABSURD.

You get no credit as an Oline coach at Wisky. They will churn out roadgraders no matter what.

Bob Bostad thought he was an O-line coach because of his success at Wisky.

Went to the NFL got exposed and now hes a linebackers coach.

Advertisement
Back