Explanation of X’s Face

the truth is whatever Mike HARLEY JR. (people don't read the f@cking thread) did, it was probably behavior that he in turn learned from someone else on the team who learned it from someone else on team. that's how "culture", good and bad, is mimicked and repeated through all organizations and through generations in an organization especially when the participants are young kids/barely men.

i'm sure Mike HARTLEY JR (people dont read the f@cking thread) wasn't the only one who didn't work as hard as he could.

regardless, it will be fixed but it will take time.

Advertisement
sounds like he made a joke at strepo for kissing *** and you guys are defining his entire career on it is all i'm saying
Sounds like you don’t know what was going on like @Boarcane knows and that’s the difference. Boar has told me a number of things privately which came to fruition. His words are all I need.

Advertisement
I sat near Restrepo's family at the home games last year. They CARE. And not just about X playing well, but the whole team. They were talking to all the other players parents, firing them up. His mom lives and dies by how the game was going. Couldn't be happier to have that kind of passion in the program, have to imagine that's where he gets it from.
I told the story of last years Bama game and X's mom and lil brother were working one on one drills in the boarding line and then again when we were picking up the car rental. lol

The passion comes from there....dad seems more laid back than mom...and lil bro is a twin of X.

Not all fans, lol.

• Coker, you had to trust Paul Dee knew what he was doing. Players loved the guy. So fans embraced him because he was the glue on a championship team.
  • Shannon, many of us (including me) were strongly against. He was part of a failing coaching staff. You never promote from within when the trajectory of the program is spiraling down.
  • Golden was bought on the cheap. Blame Donna. Most of us were willing to give the guy a shot because he was known to be a good recruiter and had done decent work at Temple. But no one wanted him. Don't you remember the Gruden craze?
  • Richt, absolutely. I love the guy, still do. Unfortunately, he was already on the the decline. Bad timing not a bad decision.
  • Manny, see Shannon. Many of us were strongly against his hire. I was livid we didn't do a search. He so clearly should have stayed at Temple
I think you will find many guys on CIS had similar feelings about each of the above. For me, the only hit was Richt, all the others were misses or settling. The biggest failing was at the BoD and President level, then the AC level. Mario was brought in because those pieces were fixed first.

None of that was at you specifically, just speaking in general lol.

Was that after FIU?
Honestly I don’t remember. He missed a Monday and he was booted off the team by Manny. Shaq told the coaches he’d take care of it. Took everything out of his locker and the []_[] off his helmet. I think they threw all his **** in the shower. He rolled out to practice missing half his **** and a white helmet. They kicked his *** and proceeded to light him up. Obviously it was a bridge and he ended up smoking himself out of a job. Shaq tried

Advertisement
download.jpg

X face?

Advertisement
i'm not making excuses for harley, I don't know anything about his work ethic

but he holds a ton of records, started a ton of games, and was our most reliable WR for the better part of 3 years. I mean it's not like the kid was a dud and wasted his talent away

he's also now showing out at browns training camp, so what point are you guys trying to make exactly? clearly the dude has work ethic as it's paying dividends for him

Mike doesn’t own a “ton” of records. lol. He owns one record which is most receptions in a career. He owns that record b/c of 2 reasons:

1. He was the lesser of 3 of evils. His competition/compliment at WR for most of his career was Pope & Wiggins.

2. He played 5 yrs compared to the others on the top 20 list who played 2-4 yrs.

Yes, I hope for the best for Mike as well, but let’s stop revising history when dude said it himself in 2020 that he & the WR room was goofing off. Maybe the thought of a NFL check for him refocused, and I hope he’s a future HOFer, but while here, nah cuddy, his work ethic was lacking until the last 1 1/2 yrs here.

Advertisement
Beginning to make sense why elite recruits all about football passed on us so much.

For guys wanting to take football seriously, it makes for a lot of easy distractions in Miami if you don't have the right structure/staff around to help keep these young men focused and priorities in order. We finally have that and the results are showing not from the "4 star" recruits we're getting because all 4 star kids aren't created equal....we're now getting the Top 100-150 4 stars in the mold of Avantae Williams' of the world at all levels of the defense and on offense. Those kinds of kids MOSTLY (pre NIL) are going to go where they know coaches will develop them and hold them accountable on the football field so they can get to the league. We will begin to see our 3 star kids maybe not turning into superstars but definitely blossoming into players and not scholarship holding JAGS.

I say all that to say this.......That wasn't a Mike Harley problem or a Jarren Williams problem or a Nesta problem and the list goes on and on.......no......that was a top level administration of The University of Miami problem. They had decided that they could CARE LESS if the football program was successful or not....and it was evident in the INVESTMENT of the tier of coach we brought in (outside of Mark Richt)

We're now be able to see how serious our kids are about football. Because if deep down they "kinda" like football because they're good at it and it provides a free education and ALSO get to be in Miami while doing it....that tier of kid will get passed up under Mario's watch and replaced by the kids he's bringing in that LOVE FOOTBALL and can't live without it and will do anything to be successful on the field.
Sorry I’m late, what was the story on Nesta?

Advertisement
Back