Explanation of X’s Face

if he’s our WR1 then we’re in trouble.

Silly comment. Yeah, I’d like Ja’Marr Chase on this team too. But what does “in trouble” mean? Like if he leads the team in catches we’re gonna go 6-6?

We went 10-3 in 2017 with a tiny slot receiver leading the team in catches. And that was with a backup 2nd baseman playing QB, not a Round 1 NFL prospect. You guys need to understand the situation. X being the leading receiver or not, we’re not winning a national championship this year. So what do you want the season to be? Winning the coastal and competing in the 4th quarter with Clemson in Charlotte would be a nice season. If you don’t think that can happen with X being the most targeted receiver, you’re clueless. There are infinite examples of kids like this being plenty productive in college and leading teams to good seasons. This isn’t the AFC West. It’s the ACC Coastal. St Thomas would go 4-4 in this league. This kid is plenty good enough to be very productive and the offense be very productive.

Advertisement
In all fairness to Mike. It wasn’t just him. He was at that moment being the funny one. Everyone had a good laugh and it was seriously the culture. That’s on the Shannon’s, Golden’s and the Manny’s. Mike was being funny and had assimilated to the OUR culture. I’m sorry some people think that’s the worst of it. That’s the softest tip of any iceberg posted. I genuinely wish him and every Cane success at the next level. It’s a shame they didn’t have the leadership they so desperately needed to be successful. It’s on us! My point wasn’t about Harley, it’s about the leadership that X exhibits every day in practice. He’s a fantastic kid. We should all be proud he’s ours.

Two things about that kid that matter.
1) His parents are both always at practice and are the two nicest most supportive parents you’ll ever meet.
2) I’ve never seen anyone work harder in practice more consistently. As a freshman, almost every day, the juniors and seniors would tell him to “relax and not go all out all the time”. I can remember Mike literally punking him for being an *** kisser. I was ashamed of our culture when I saw it. Now we’ll reward him for his hard work, not give a C to the idiots who think it’s funny to take practice seriously. I really hope he’s a captain this coming season. Him, Stevenson, Roberts and TVD personify work ethic. Captain’s matter
Who is Mike?

Attachments

• dc33ce23653111.563268340f66d.jpg
    dc33ce23653111.563268340f66d.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Advertisement
In all fairness to Mike. It wasn’t just him. He was at that moment being the funny one. Everyone had a good laugh and it was seriously the culture. That’s on the Shannon’s, Golden’s and the Manny’s. Mike was being funny and had assimilated to the OUR culture. I’m sorry some people think that’s the worst of it. That’s the softest tip of any iceberg posted. I genuinely wish him and every Cane success at the next level. It’s a shame they didn’t have the leadership they so desperately needed to be successful. It’s on us! My point wasn’t about Harley, it’s about the leadership that X exhibits every day in practice. He’s a fantastic kid. We should all be proud he’s ours.
Real telling. I know this is a public message board but can you elaborate, just for my inquisitiveness of who else was cancers on that team. If you not comfy, send it DM, I'm jsut a fan, not into that whole reposting stuff.

Advertisement
I understand that you want WR1 to be an outside guy, but were the Patriots in trouble when Welker was their #1? Slot guys can be WR1 but they better be really good. I could argue that Jarvis Landry is a slot WR1.
that’s the exception not the norm. there’s a reason slot guys play in the slot and not on the outside where the opposing teams CB1 is.

Mike Harley.
Coach Rumph is an animal. That man is easily one of the best human beings in the building. He was destroyed on these boards for being a poor recruiter. He was never a liar and was honest with kids and families. It hurt recruiting, but I’ll forever respect the man he is. There’s a reason him, David and a few others are still here. Mario is exactly what we all want in a head coach.
Mario keeping Mike on the staff was extremely eye opening for me

Thanks for the insight man

That's some heavy-handed forcep treatment...sounds like me trying to pull the beer can out of the chicken when it's done.

Hope he hasn't caught too much **** for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought Harley was a hard worker?

As for Rumph, whatever it is - the bag game was on another level at some of the schools we were up against so that wasn’t going to help either.
You can be a hard worker and talk sh*t to freshmen

Advertisement
Back