Expectations for Zion

FRCane

Sophomore
Just curious what the consensus is for Zion this season? Will he even be back? Wouod he even take anyones spot this season? Move to RT? The line seems pretty locked in with Jalen at LT right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just curious what the consensus is for Zion this season? Will he even be back? Wouod he even take anyones spot this season? Move to RT? The line seems pretty locked in with Jalen at LT right now.
From all I have read on this site from the couple of individuals that do have good information ... any minutes that Zion gives will be a gift to the program and he is basically not part of the core game planning roster. Has a knee that can't take the weight.

I personally have very high expectations of him, which is the exact opposite of how I felt when he was a freshman or sophomore.

There's no way coaches wouldn't have gone out and gotten an OT in the portal if they didn't expect Nelson back healthy. I was yapping about that all portal long. But we hardly even sniffed at OTs. Brad Tejada opined on the CIS live stream last week that it was because Nelson was closer to being ready than people realize. That was my "ah ha" moment. Our boy is coming back with a vengeance.

Kid was lights out at the tail end of the 2021 season when TVD was setting passing records. And this is his money year. Zion will be All ACC this season. That's my hot take.

Advertisement
The Block React GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

I personally have very high expectations of him, which is the exact opposite of how I felt when he was a freshman or sophomore.

There's no way coaches wouldn't have gone out and gotten an OT in the portal if they didn't expect Nelson back healthy. I was yapping about that all portal long. But we hardly even sniffed at OTs. Brad Tejada opined on the CIS live stream last week that it was because Nelson was closer to being ready than people realize. That was my "ah ha" moment. Our boy is coming back with a vengeance.

Kid was lights out at the tail end of the 2021 season when TVD was setting passing records. And this is his money year. Zion will be All ACC this season. That's my hot take.
You had me with you until you mentioned Eddie Mush. Now I fear Zion may never walk again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he starts I will have high expectations. If he doesn't or only does part-time duty then not much

Advertisement
Back