Expectations for Zion

"Just curious what the consensus is for Zion this season?..."
That our gun emplacements and APUs hold the dock until Neo can destroy Machine City.

Plus there is a chick I want to meet at the next dance-orgy.

Knuckle up!

Advertisement
buggy-horse-and-buggy.gif

Advertisement
This has been known but ppl want to keep arguing like dude is going to be playing week 1. I wouldn’t even project him on a depth chart at this point .

When is the last time he even practiced?

It absolutely has not been known, they lock this **** down tighter than a gnat’s ******* and I can’t stand it. But if you’re saying you knew, you’re more connected and/or clicked on better threads than I did. I’ve asked about this dude **** near every week for the past 6 months because, oh, I don’t know, a left tackle is pretty ******* important and nobody had **** on his status. Then Danny posts he’s expected to be full-go for camp, so I’m getting all tingly in my pants. Now he’s dead again.

I’m with you though, if he sitting behind a desk today saying he doesn’t know when he’s gonna play, it’s over. No need to include him on any depth chart. His career here is toast. Which brings me to my next quasi-important question…who the **** starts at left tackle?!

Advertisement
It absolutely has not been known, they lock this **** down tighter than a gnat’s ******* and I can’t stand it. But if you’re saying you knew, you’re more connected and/or clicked on better threads than I did. I’ve asked about this dude **** near every week for the past 6 months because, oh, I don’t know, a left tackle is pretty ******* important and nobody had **** on his status. Then Danny posts he’s expected to be full-go for camp, so I’m getting all tingly in my pants. Now he’s dead again.

I’m with you though, if he sitting behind a desk today saying he doesn’t know when he’s gonna play, it’s over. No need to include him on any depth chart. His career here is toast. Which brings me to my next quasi-important question…who the **** starts at left tackle?!

ACC media days a couple things stood out in regards to Zion. I posted in some other threads about it. It was players direct quotes. It didn’t sound promising.

My questions is who is the doctor that ruined this kids leg? Why do Miami players have so many setbacks after surgeries? These doctors should be fired.

As for LT. No clue. Cohen, Francis maybe? No idea what they are going to do since we have w bunch of guards and centers on our roster. The tackle prospects are super young and not ready. Samson isn’t ready, McCoy isn’t ready. Not even sure who else can play LT? Rivers?

I said during and after the season to treat Zion like found money. Meaning have zero expectations , if he surprises and plays early on there‘s your c note on the ground.

do other schools have guys struggle to come back from surgery as often as we do? We have too many injuries (Feld) and too many botched surgeries (Kaplan I believe). Please tell me if this is an unfair assessment….

Advertisement
ACC media days a couple things stood out in regards to Zion. I posted in some other threads about it. It was players direct quotes. It didn’t sound promising.

My questions is who is the doctor that ruined this kids leg? Why do Miami players have so many setbacks after surgeries? These doctors should be fired.

As for LT. No clue. Cohen, Francis maybe? No idea what they are going to do since we have w bunch of guards and centers on our roster. The tackle prospects are super young and not ready. Samson isn’t ready, McCoy isn’t ready. Not even sure who else can play LT? Rivers?

Rivers is the only option, IMO. And he wasn't good there last year.

If Zion is indeed mummified, then I think there is really only 1 expectation for the starting OL:

Rivers, Cohen, Lee, Cooper, Mauigoa

And pray none of those kids get hurt because there's not much behind them that looks ready to go. The 2023 kids will probably be OK but I'm not keen on playing two true freshmen on an offensive line when you MUST be an improved team this year. Maybe a kid like Denis or Sagapolu could step up in a pinch. McLaughlin was comically bad last year. McCoy has been talked up, but hasn't played.

**** me...I guess I'm the clown for tying so much of this to Zion when he's obviously done but the posts saying he was good to go for camp really got my mind going that this could really be a formidable line. And it still can be very good, just adding Cohen and Lee to the interior makes it instantly much better. But a legit, healthy NFL player at LT with Cohen, Lee, Cooper, and one of the best OL prospects in recent memory looks fantastic on paper. Having to start Rivers at LT...not so much.

The crazy part is there was a bunch of tackles in the portal early on and we landed....NONE of em.

Oh the freshman are gonna play and earn their nil this year lol

Advertisement
Rivers is the only option, IMO. And he wasn't good there last year.

If Zion is indeed mummified, then I think there is really only 1 expectation for the starting OL:

Rivers, Cohen, Lee, Cooper, Mauigoa

And pray none of those kids get hurt because there's not much behind them that looks ready to go. The 2023 kids will probably be OK but I'm not keen on playing two true freshmen on an offensive line when you MUST be an improved team this year. Maybe a kid like Denis or Sagapolu could step up in a pinch. McLaughlin was comically bad last year. McCoy has been talked up, but hasn't played.

**** me...I guess I'm the clown for tying so much of this to Zion when he's obviously done but the posts saying he was good to go for camp really got my mind going that this could really be a formidable line. And it still can be very good, just adding Cohen and Lee to the interior makes it instantly much better. But a legit, healthy NFL player at LT with Cohen, Lee, Cooper, and one of the best OL prospects in recent memory looks fantastic on paper. Having to start Rivers at LT...not so much.

Said back in March here in response to you that I wouldnt count on it: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/speed-infusion.184546/#post-6562456

This is the UM way and it has been clear as day IMO. We have seen this movie far too many times with injured guys here and their Fort Knox type status. That usually tells us everything that we need to know, on top of him not practicing in God knows how long lol. We needed a plug and play LT from the portal desperately, cause Rivers aint it at LT.

Said back in March here in response to you that I wouldnt count on it: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/speed-infusion.184546/#post-6562456

This is the UM way and it has been clear as day IMO. We have seen this movie far too many times with injured guys here and their Fort Knox type status. That usually tells us everything that we need to know, on top of him not practicing in God knows how long lol. We needed a plug and play LT from the portal desperately, cause Rivers aint it at LT.
crazy how injured hes been the last season and possible this after being healthy for most of his career

The crazy part is there was a bunch of tackles in the portal early on and we landed....NONE of em.

Oh the freshman are gonna play and earn their nil this year lol
We play TAMU 2nd game, remember that UF game in Orlando when we broke in 2 freshman tackles.. and one was actually a RS.. We gave up how many sacks that night?! Like 9 sacks or something.. Still have ptsd from that game

We play TAMU 2nd game, remember that UF game in Orlando when we broke in 2 freshman tackles.. and one was actually a RS.. We gave up how many sacks that night?! Like 9 sacks or something.. Still have ptsd from that game
We also went quick at the beginning, TE screens, etc., then decided to run PA 7 step drops. So, that's not gonna help, either. Ha.

Advertisement
Back