Excerpt From Manny Navarro's Article

**** sure won’t make excuses for the foolishness, but in the recent past, we haven’t had a lot of senior, let alone junior, leadership. No excuses this year. There’s upperclass leadership all over the team.

Advertisement
How many times do we have to hear about players not caring or taking things seriously?

I swear every year, a story comes out about how the team didn't care.

Moron coaches and overrated South Florida leftovers...

How many times do we have to hear about players not caring or taking things seriously?

I swear every year, a story comes out about how the team didn't care.

Moron coaches and overrated South Florida leftovers...
Your username should be changed to kyle_shtick

Advertisement
CORAL GABLES, Fla. — The way the Miami Hurricanes finished last season defensively was no laughing matter. Yet, inside the locker room, safety Bubba Bolden didn’t think last year’s team took things seriously enough.

“It’s very different,” the All-ACC preseason selection said of UM’s locker room since Manny Diaz announced in February he was adding the responsibility of defensive coordinator to his role with the team once Blake Baker left to become LSU’s linebackers coach.

“There’s no laughing, no giggling, no, none of that. And I feel like last year there was a lot of that. He’s the head coach. I think every time you’re around him, you’re gonna be serious, no matter what. With the defense coordinator, you can actually be somewhat chill and yourself. When you’re around the head coach, who is the defensive coordinator, it’s a different ballgame. Everything is serious. Everything is on point. You see how he is. You see how he holds himself (accountable with the media). He holds himself 10 times more (accountable) than that when he’s actually (involved with the team). So, with him doing that, it has everybody else locked in. I think it’s going to be very different this year.”

Great, if true—but seems we hear something like this every off-season.

"Last we weren't taking it seriously—but "x" has happened since, so now "y" will be the result and we totally get it."

We'll see. Year three for Manolo. This is the season he needs a big step forward, or it's the beginning of the end.

lol at everyone overreacting to this simple quote. I would surmise (potentially wrong however) that a lot of posters here have had jobs with multiple tiers of management. I can 100% tell you I joke around and shoot the **** with my local boss, we crack jokes and have fun. However, when the big boss from NYC visits, the office definitely tightens up and I personally do not joke around with him. To me that is all Bubba is saying. Our local boss is now also the big boss so we feel obligated to act a certain way.

Advertisement
Manny ****ed up bringing Baker to Miami. This only solidifies that theory more. Your staff has to establish your vision and the culture you want from your kids. If you can’t delegate then you’re done. Accountability is everything and it starts at the top.

this is a very reactionary approach. Baker was (and still is based on LSU hiring him.) he highly respected DC. It was the right hire to make.

the execution and bakers personality obviously didn’t fit.

Great teams develop a culture where the best players hold themselves and each other accountable. If they’re doing it because they’re scared of manny or efen because they respect him, theyre doing it wrong. do it because that’s how you do it.

this is a very reactionary approach. Baker was (and still is based on LSU hiring him.) he highly respected DC. It was the right hire to make.

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement

There's a lot of truth here. It just didn't work out. Similar styles don't always translate to similar results.

wow.

LSU didn’t hire him as a DC. He took a demotion to go there.

It’s really impossible to argue Baker was a good choice for DC at UM let alone the right hire at the time. That’s demonstrably false. No idea why someone would claim otherwise at this point.

Advertisement
A lot riding on this season for Manny and the coaching staff year 3

Them boys better be ready their playing bama week 1 and they ain’t gonna be holding back as they try and break in new starters

It's like every off season we hear the same crap about the locker room regarding the previous season...since the end of the Coker regime, radios regime, fat al folden regime, grandpa richt, and now Manny...when is this shît going to end about some players fücking off & have coaches finally breaking balls.
Facts

still a major upgrade going back to Manny over Baker imo

Advertisement
Back