Excerpt From Manny Navarro's Article

Udynasty

Redshirt Freshman
CORAL GABLES, Fla. — The way the Miami Hurricanes finished last season defensively was no laughing matter. Yet, inside the locker room, safety Bubba Bolden didn’t think last year’s team took things seriously enough.

“It’s very different,” the All-ACC preseason selection said of UM’s locker room since Manny Diaz announced in February he was adding the responsibility of defensive coordinator to his role with the team once Blake Baker left to become LSU’s linebackers coach.

“There’s no laughing, no giggling, no, none of that. And I feel like last year there was a lot of that. He’s the head coach. I think every time you’re around him, you’re gonna be serious, no matter what. With the defense coordinator, you can actually be somewhat chill and yourself. When you’re around the head coach, who is the defensive coordinator, it’s a different ballgame. Everything is serious. Everything is on point. You see how he is. You see how he holds himself (accountable with the media). He holds himself 10 times more (accountable) than that when he’s actually (involved with the team). So, with him doing that, it has everybody else locked in. I think it’s going to be very different this year.”

Advertisement
Manny ****ed up bringing Baker to Miami. This only solidifies that theory more. Your staff has to establish your vision and the culture you want from your kids. If you can’t delegate then you’re done. Accountability is everything and it starts at the top.

Advertisement
Manny ****ed up bringing Baker to Miami. This only solidifies that theory more. Your staff has to establish your vision and the culture you want from your kids. If you can’t delegate then you’re done. Accountability is everything and it starts at the top.
Serious question, are you speaking from a position of leadership experience and authority of your own?

It's like every off season we hear the same crap about the locker room regarding the previous season...since the end of the Coker regime, radios regime, fat al folden regime, grandpa richt, and now Manny...when is this shît going to end about some players fücking off & have coaches finally breaking balls.

Advertisement
It's like every off season we hear the same crap about the locker room regarding the previous season...since the end of the Coker regime, radios regime, fat al folden regime, grandpa richt, and now Manny...when is this shît going to end about some players fücking off & have coaches finally breaking balls.
I said the same thing. Not buying the hype or the talk until I see it on the field.

Only 1 team wins it every year and this time of the calendar, 130 teams think they will. They all talk like this. Stop reading so much into preseason interview snippets.

Every team has something they want to improve upon from last season. Was the defensive staff too lax last season? Maybe but literally every single team in every single sport has a similar quote during the pre season. “Yeah, we struggled with X last year but that’s because of Y. Now we’re doing Z.

The number of people here who take coach speak and generic locker room quotes at face value is crazy.

Advertisement
I sincerely hope it pays off.
He bet on himself.
bold GIF

Advertisement
Every team has something they want to improve upon from last season. Was the defensive staff too lax last season? Maybe but literally every single team in every single sport has a similar quote during the pre season. “Yeah, we struggled with X last year but that’s because of Y. Now we’re doing Z.

The number of people here who take coach speak and generic locker room quotes at face value is crazy.
Other than Patke, the defensive staff is all new. You also have some pros on staff now, to include Shoop, Robinson and Simpson. Stroud may be a great guy but he hadn't coached the position in over a decade.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. — The way the Miami Hurricanes finished last season defensively was no laughing matter. Yet, inside the locker room, safety Bubba Bolden didn’t think last year’s team took things seriously enough.

“It’s very different,” the All-ACC preseason selection said of UM’s locker room since Manny Diaz announced in February he was adding the responsibility of defensive coordinator to his role with the team once Blake Baker left to become LSU’s linebackers coach.

“There’s no laughing, no giggling, no, none of that. And I feel like last year there was a lot of that. He’s the head coach. I think every time you’re around him, you’re gonna be serious, no matter what. With the defense coordinator, you can actually be somewhat chill and yourself. When you’re around the head coach, who is the defensive coordinator, it’s a different ballgame. Everything is serious. Everything is on point. You see how he is. You see how he holds himself (accountable with the media). He holds himself 10 times more (accountable) than that when he’s actually (involved with the team). So, with him doing that, it has everybody else locked in. I think it’s going to be very different this year.”

just another kick the guy who isn't here: As a player the team should have enough leadership to stop that childish crap : Think it reflects more on the players then the coaches"

Like another poster mentioned, it's all about accountability. Manny is finally bringing that in. By cleaning house on the defensive side of the ball, he sent a message through the whole program that mediocrity will not be tolerated. Hopefully these coaches will start coaching like their livelyhood depends on it, because now it does.

Advertisement
Back