Everythings different in Louisville

Advertisement
The difference with Petrino taking over Arkansas is it was a struggling program in a deep conference division. Louisville has just come off back to back 10 win seasons. There is certainly more depth but the coaching challenge isn't the sane and there are players already in place. I do expect to lose a game or two that makes one wonder WTF?

Struggling program my ***. Arkansas was 2 years removed from winning the SEC West and had won 8 games the year prior to Petrino taking over with one of the wins being against the #1 team in the nation at the time in LSU.

It is known that first years are transition years especially when coaches are coming in from the outside with completely new systems.
Don't expect for Petrino to come in and pick up where Strong left off. Especially in the first game.

Petrino is 9-0 in opening games including 3-0 with first games with a new team.

Looking over his record Petrino is 7-2 against opening conference games those two losses coming against Alabama teams that went on to win the national title.

Should be fun. For us it is just nice to have moved to a more secure conference and one that we seem to be a great fit with. See you in the fall.

The difference with Petrino taking over Arkansas is it was a struggling program in a deep conference division. Louisville has just come off back to back 10 win seasons. There is certainly more depth but the coaching challenge isn't the sane and there are players already in place. I do expect to lose a game or two that makes one wonder WTF?

Struggling program my ***. Arkansas was 2 years removed from winning the SEC West and had won 8 games the year prior to Petrino taking over with one of the wins being against the #1 team in the nation at the time in LSU.

It is known that first years are transition years especially when coaches are coming in from the outside with completely new systems.
Don't expect for Petrino to come in and pick up where Strong left off. Especially in the first game.

Looking over his record Petrino is 7-2 against opening conference games those two losses coming against Alabama teams that went on to win the national title.

Should be fun. For us it is just nice to have moved to a more secure conference and one that we seem to be a great fit with. See you in the fall.

Those wins at Arkansas to start the season:
Troy
Western Illinois
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Impressive.

Those wins at Arkansas to start the season:
Troy
Western Illinois
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Impressive.

That looks like a list of our wins last year

Advertisement

YAAAWWNNNNNN

8/30 vs. Western Illinois (non-IA) W 28 24
9/06 vs. Louisiana-Monroe (4-8) W 28 27 @ Little Rock, AR

Heard your QB went 7-21-65 yds no touchdowns in the spring game, leading RB 70 yards on about 20 carries.

Either there is work to do or your defense is very impressive. We will find out which in sept.

Tell you what, lets not use up all our trash talk 5 months before the game.

Until then, let me know of you are coming to the game. I am entertaining a few buddies of mine who went to Miami for medical school,would be happy to meet up with those wanting to know about places to eat and stay around town. Cheers.

Heard your QB went 7-21-65 yds no touchdowns in the spring game, leading RB 70 yards on about 20 carries.

Either there is work to do or your defense is very impressive. We will find out which in sept.

Tell you what, lets not use up all our trash talk 5 months before the game.

Until then, let me know of you are coming to the gloryhole. I am entertaining a few buddies of mine who went to Miami for medical school,would be happy to meet up with those wanting to know about places to eat and stay around town. Cheers.

No doubt you are.

1.jpg

Advertisement
The first game will tell us a lot about changes philosophically on defense.

We can't come out in base personnel, running our normal 2-gap stuff on 1st and 2nd down and expect run plays from Petrino. He'll carve our defense up with the quickness.

The first game will tell us a lot about changes philosophically on defense.

We can't come out in base personnel, running our normal 2-gap stuff on 1st and 2nd down and expect run plays from Petrino. He'll carve our defense up with the quickness.

Prepare to be dissapointed.

Advertisement
Back